Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.

Redneck

Re: Bushfires

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Mmm the dictator must alway be right!

Nobody said that none were deliberately lit BO!

But if that floats your boat BO go for it!

I suppose you did a search on how many werent due to arson as well!

I am surprised you didnt blame the lefties while you were at it! :rofl

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 pm
I have "implied" it? You realise that means that I have not ever actually said it? It's just your 'interpretation'. :rofl

:grn
You more than actually "implied" it, Black Orchid, you stated it:
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 pm
Most fires usually come down to arson, many are idiot kids, who should be dealt with as an act of terrorism using the absolute full force of the law.
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:59 pm
At least 12 fires proved to be deliberately lit in NSW so far.
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:45 pm
A second fire deliberately lit almost on my doorstep. The second in two days. Someone is determined but if any locals find them pity help them.

5 fire trucks and about 10 or more police vehicles. Then we have carloads of Chinese driving down side streets to jump out and take pics with their mobile phones. People are weird.
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:34 pm
NSW Rural Fire Service Inspector Ben Shepherd has revealed investigators are close to charging more than a dozen suspected arsonists believed to have deliberately lit bushfires as the state remains in the grip of an ongoing bushfire crisis.

With tireless firefighters continuing to battle more than 100 blazes across NSW, Mr Shepherd warned the RFS was working “hand-in-hand with police” and noted that the state has “some of the toughest arson laws and penalties” in the country.

It comes amid revelations at least 56 people have already been charged or cautioned with 71 bushfire-related offences since August, with 16 ogoing investigations into suspicious fires, including a blaze that threatened the rim of suburban Sydney in South Turramurra, on Sydney’s Upper North Shore, on November 12.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... 3c66391516

But it's global warming right? :roll:
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm
2 arsonists have been let off on bail so far. One is a 71 year old who was stupid and lit a fire on his property during a total fire ban that got away from him. An idiot who still deserves to be punished but bail is probably ok in the interim.

The 2nd is a 23 year old who deliberately lit 2 fires. No sympathy for him and he should NOT have received bail.

More than 90 fires still burning in NSW with more than 50 still out of control and a bad week coming.
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Strike Force Toronto Commander Stuart Smith revealed officers have caught 54 alleged arsonists relating to 69 fires since the extreme fire ...
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Emergency service crews responded to a number of deliberately lit fires in Canberra in the early hours of New Year's Day.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... wednesday/
A bushfire threatening property on the state’s East Coast was deliberately lit, police have claimed as they launch a full investigation into the blaze
https://www.themercury.com.au/subscribe ... 1578104927
AN out-of-control Charmhaven fire that jumped to "emergency" level within minutes after it flared up on New Year's Eve is believed to have been deliberately lit.
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... ately-lit/
:oops
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:56 pm

87% of fires here are either deliberately or accidentally lit. MANY fires have been deliberately lit. I think it was Nef who put up the original link.

ALL of that is FACT!

No idea what Bib and Bub are trying to prove! Or is it Greta1 and Greta2? :roll:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:57 pm

From our parent site !!
thelastnail wrote:Check it out. Old Elma Fud Murdoch wants to go to his grave trashing the planet as much as he can. What an old turd of a human this dude is :(
News Corp employee lashes climate 'misinformation' in bushfire coverage with blistering email

Emily Townsend’s reply-all email to executive chairman calls the company’s coverage ‘irresponsible’ and ‘dangerous’

[highlight]A senior News Corp employee has accused the company of “misinformation” and diverting attention from climate change during the bushfire crisis in an explosive all-staff email addressed to executive chairman Michael Miller.

The email accuses News Corp papers, including the Australian, the Daily Telegraph and the Herald Sun, of misrepresenting facts and spreading misinformation to focus on arson as the cause of the bushfires, rather than climate change.[/highlight]

The email was sent by Emily Townsend, a commercial finance manager at News Corp, in response to an all-staff email from Miller detailing the leave arrangements available to staff and announcing other bushfire-related initiatives.

[highlight]“This does not offset the impact News Corp reporting has had over the last few weeks,” Townsend wrote. “I have been severely impacted by the coverage of News Corp publications in relation to the fires, in particular the misinformation campaign that has tried to divert attention away from the real issue which is climate change to rather focus on arson (including misrepresenting facts).

“I find it unconscionable to continue working for this company, knowing I am contributing to the spread of climate change denial and lies. The reporting I have witnessed in the Australian, the Daily Telegraph and the Herald Sun is not only irresponsible, but dangerous and damaging to our communities and beautiful planet that needs us more than ever now to acknowledge the destruction we have caused and start doing something about it.”[/highlight]

The email landed in the inbox of all News Corp staff, and was leaked to the Guardian by multiple sources, but not Townsend herself.

Sources said the email had since been deleted from News Corp inboxes.

[highlight]News Corp papers have been accused of placing undue emphasis on issues such as arson and hazard reduction in a way that diverts attention from climate change’s role in creating longer, more severe fire seasons.[/highlight]

[highlight]That includes an editorial arguing no climate policy change would stop the current bushfires, and a perceived emphasis on inadequate hazard reduction and arson as causes.[/highlight]

Miller issued a statement on Friday afternoon saying Townsend had resigned in December and was due to leave the company shortly. Miller said News Corp did not “deny climate change or the gravity of its threat”.

“However, we – as is the traditional role of a publisher – do report a variety of views and opinions on this issue and many others that are important in the public discourse on the fires,” he said.

He said he respected Townsend’s right to hold her views but “we do not agree with them”.

“News Corp stands by its coverage of the bushfires,” he said. “The dedication and professionalism of our journalists and photographers have kept the community – particularly those Australians affected directly – informed and supported.

“Our coverage has recognised that Australia is having a serious conversation about climate change and how to respond to it. However, it has also reflected there are a variety of views and opinions about the current fire crisis. The role of arsonists and policies that may have contributed to the spread of fire are, therefore, legitimate stories to report in the public interest.”

The Australian has published pieces making clear the link between climate change and the bushfires, including a piece by Jack the Insider, which stated: “It is true that arson and acts of criminal stupidity are common reasons for the ignition of fires. We need to acknowledge that, understand it and take steps to prevent it.

“But we also need to appreciate that while climate change doesn’t start fires, it is the fundamental reason six million hectares and counting of this country have been ravaged by fire.”

But other pieces have tended to exaggerate the role arson played in the current bushfire season.

This week, the Australian reported that 183 arsonists had been arrested during the current bushfire season. The figure was the sum of data from various states and territories. But it wrongly characterised figures from a number of states, some of which were 12-month totals, and included statistics from other bushfire-related offences, including the contravention of total fire bans.

That report was spread globally, including by Donald Trump Jr and conspiracy theorist website InfoWars, which said it undermined “the media and celebrities” who “continue to blame ‘climate change’ for the disaster”.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/ ... rage-email

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:36 pm

And no-one said they were ALL lit! Least of all me! :WTF

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm
Redneck wrote:

The dictator has spoken!

BTW have I ever mentioned that Greta girl as you seem to be implying us lefties are continually espousing as gods gift to the climate?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:04 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

The dictator has spoken!

BTW have I ever mentioned that Greta girl as you seem to be implying us lefties are continually espousing as gods gift to the climate?
Yes I know you think I am a dictator because I overruled your wanting to ban everyone you don't like.

Either live with it or take a hike.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 pm
Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

The dictator has spoken!

Yes I know you think I am a dictator because I overruled your wanting to ban everyone you don't like.

You can go and get stuffed on that suggestion!

Perhaps you should behave like Freediver who leads but doesnt try to dictate on every topic!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:12 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 pm
Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

The dictator has spoken!

You can go and get stuffed on that suggestion!

Perhaps you should behave like Freediver who leads but doesnt try to dictate on every topic!
I know you think I shouldn't post but tough luck. I am allowed an opinion just as much as you were when you were a mod. I don't even know what you are arguing about. Something I haven't even said.

You are one of the most abusive people here so, like I said. If you don't like it ..... :bike