Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
cods

Re: Bushfires

Post by cods » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:32 am

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 am
cods wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 am
probably by someone pushing the CLIMATE CHANGE agenda nef...

if they think a bit of fire will be the end of a country well known for its FIRE....

then they are paddling in the wrong boat.. :rofl

did they mention an awful lot of these fires are lit by MANKIND....you know the same people
responsible for CLIMATE CHANGE....funny they never get a mention at times like this..

I wonder what our situation would have been had NO PIROMANIACS taken part.....

perhaps if we find a way to deal with these maniacs...the future will be different...
Not sure how many are piromaniacs cods

Common causes are:-
Cigarette Buts
Power lines arcing during strong winds
Farmers burning off
Camp fires getting out of control
RFS back burns getting out of control
Sparks from tools a such as angle grinders and welders
Sparks from farm machinery
Dry Lightning Strikes

One that is common and should be regarded as piromaniacs

Stolen Cars abandonded and set alight probably after a crime

Of course some are deliberately lit, Interestingly I have noticed on several occasions by RFS members who have been caught and charged.

Teenagers often show up as fire lighters as well and should be trialed as adults in my opinion.

BIG blaze at Yarralumla last night red they have caught a 20 yr old male his lit a few apparently....

20 yrs old....I think they should all be set upon to clean up peoples homes that have been burnt to the ground...get out there and smell the despair
and heartbreak....and stay there till its done......no pay just water and a sandwich.... see what its like from the ground up...and let the owners see the faces of those who find it amusing to start a fire...

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:13 pm

cods wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:32 am
Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 am
cods wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 am
probably by someone pushing the CLIMATE CHANGE agenda nef...

if they think a bit of fire will be the end of a country well known for its FIRE....

then they are paddling in the wrong boat.. :rofl

did they mention an awful lot of these fires are lit by MANKIND....you know the same people
responsible for CLIMATE CHANGE....funny they never get a mention at times like this..

I wonder what our situation would have been had NO PIROMANIACS taken part.....

perhaps if we find a way to deal with these maniacs...the future will be different...
Not sure how many are piromaniacs cods

Common causes are:-
Cigarette Buts
Power lines arcing during strong winds
Farmers burning off
Camp fires getting out of control
RFS back burns getting out of control
Sparks from tools a such as angle grinders and welders
Sparks from farm machinery
Dry Lightning Strikes

One that is common and should be regarded as piromaniacs

Stolen Cars abandonded and set alight probably after a crime

Of course some are deliberately lit, Interestingly I have noticed on several occasions by RFS members who have been caught and charged.

Teenagers often show up as fire lighters as well and should be trialed as adults in my opinion.

BIG blaze at Yarralumla last night red they have caught a 20 yr old male his lit a few apparently....

20 yrs old....I think they should all be set upon to clean up peoples homes that have been burnt to the ground...get out there and smell the despair
and heartbreak....and stay there till its done......no pay just water and a sandwich.... see what its like from the ground up...and let the owners see the faces of those who find it amusing to start a fire...
I think 15 years gaol mandatory nothing less.

FFS what is the world coming to?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Emergency service crews responded to a number of deliberately lit fires in Canberra in the early hours of New Year's Day.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... wednesday/
A bushfire threatening property on the state’s East Coast was deliberately lit, police have claimed as they launch a full investigation into the blaze
https://www.themercury.com.au/subscribe ... 1578104927
AN out-of-control Charmhaven fire that jumped to "emergency" level within minutes after it flared up on New Year's Eve is believed to have been deliberately lit.
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... ately-lit/

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Emergency service crews responded to a number of deliberately lit fires in Canberra in the early hours of New Year's Day.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... wednesday/
A bushfire threatening property on the state’s East Coast was deliberately lit, police have claimed as they launch a full investigation into the blaze
https://www.themercury.com.au/subscribe ... 1578104927
AN out-of-control Charmhaven fire that jumped to "emergency" level within minutes after it flared up on New Year's Eve is believed to have been deliberately lit.
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... ately-lit/
Hang Them and Hang Them High !!! :S

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 pm

A Mawson man has been charged by police following a number of small grass fires in Curtin near Government House early on Saturday morning.

Luke Grey Thoroughgood, 20, appeared before the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday and was sent for a mental health assessment.

A number of small grass fires were deliberately lit about 2am on Saturday at the northern edge of Curtin near Government House.

ACT Fire and Rescue officers extinguished the fires and no property was damaged.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14225

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:55 pm

My wife has two of her lady friends that have had holiday houses burnt down in the Batemans Bay area!

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 pm
A Mawson man has been charged by police following a number of small grass fires in Curtin near Government House early on Saturday morning.

Luke Grey Thoroughgood, 20, appeared before the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday and was sent for a mental health assessment.

A number of small grass fires were deliberately lit about 2am on Saturday at the northern edge of Curtin near Government House.

ACT Fire and Rescue officers extinguished the fires and no property was damaged.

My in laws had a string of arson fires in their area a few years ago. They finally caught a member of the volunteer fire department setting the fires. They were mostly in open fields and abandoned houses. I don't think anybody was hurt. I don't know if he was looking for funding for the VFD or if he was bucking for a paid job at a regular fire department. I never heard what his punishment was. I should ask my sister in law. She would know.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 pm

My in laws had a string of arson fires in their area a few years ago. They finally caught a member of the volunteer fire department setting the fires. They were mostly in open fields and abandoned houses. I don't think anybody was hurt. I don't know if he was looking for funding for the VFD or if he was bucking for a paid job at a regular fire department. I never heard what his punishment was. I should ask my sister in law. She would know.
That happens occasionally downunder as well, Tex. Usually done by rather strange people who feel that they are needed and so manufacture a need to be needed for. Worst case I remember was a bloke who lit fires and then was the first at the local CFS after calling them in, to go and fight them.

Most people who light fires do so 'cause they are upset at something or somebody. Usually younger, usually males (although females are known to do it too but just rarer compared to males). They have often psychological problems and fire lighting is a symptom of that. They need help, not punishment.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:55 pm
My wife has two of her lady friends that have had holiday houses burnt down in the Batemans Bay area!
Have they updated their AirBB availability?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Gordon wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:42 pm
Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:55 pm
Have they updated their AirBB availability?
Farkoff dickhead!

That really is a wanker comment!