New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:29 pm

A 17 year old kid put this together and it's updated constantly. Pretty amazing.

https://ncov2019.live/data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:51 pm

If you look at China's stats of people who have died/recovered ummm sorry but I just don't believe their data.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 pm

The Queensland Teachers Union will go on strike on Wednesday if the Qld grubberment doesn't agree to shut down schools.
Only this morning the Chief Medical Officer for Qld pointed out quite succinctly that children are more likely to get the
virus from parents, rather than the other way around..
Two points....
a) What if a child has a parent that works in the Health System..eg a nurse at the local hospital...
that child could get the virus from mum/dad...and then transmit the virus to their school mates...
b) Irrespective of where the parent/s work...a child could transmit the virus to school mates upon their
arrival at school...…
Perhaps Australian schools could test kids temperatures before they enter school grounds..as they
do in Singapore....do we have the facilities available for this forward thinking....
Would Gomer have thought of this...
Gomer gave a press conference last nite...David Speers rang rings around him...
Gomer refused to answer simple questions...he was ragged, he was unwinding...he was ducking
and weaving like a middleweight...
At the press conference he became agitated as the questions became harder and harder...
Id have more faith in a local brickie or a busdriver to run the country than this buffoon.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:14 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm
I am curious about where they get the idea that self-isolation for 14 days will fix it. How do they know people won't wander down to the shops when they get bored and spread it all over everybody? :roll: I doubt even the experts know what will happen. Ah well. Stay safe everyone.
The heavy casualties occur when the disease spreads so fast that they run out of beds and ventilators. By quarantining for 14 days, it slows down the spread so that hospitals can keep up with it and not run out of beds. By the time more get it, the beds may be available for the next wave. Eventually, enough people will have built up temporary immunity to it so that it doesn't spread as fast. At least that's what they are telling us.

We haven't completely locked everybody up but here is how we are handling it. The jury is out on whether or not it will work.

Restaurants are carry out or drive thru.

Gatherings of more than 10 people are forbidden.

People are encouraged to go to the store for and to tend to their elderly, keeping them as isolated as possible.

People are encouraged to keep a minimum of 2 meters between strangers and stay home as much as possible.

Most retail business have shut down unless they provide vital services like groceries or medicine.

Concerts, churches, gyms, schools have all shut down for a while. Most schools are giving out lessons on line. Churches are broadcasting services on line.

We were going to go to the movies tonight, but there wasn't anything worth watching. The theaters are closed, except for the drive in theater. We have the only drive in theater for 200 miles here.
Governor Abbott didn't give the order to shut down the state, but he gave local jurisdictions the authority. The only people allowed outside in cities like Dallas are people who are getting food or people working for critical services. I was wondering how that would work, but I checked my email and found a letter that my boss sent me. The letter is from some government agency and it certifies that I work on critical infrastructure and can be about. I should have no problems in my company van with critical power services plastered all over the vehicle.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Its official, as of midnight on Wednesday NZ goes into lock-down for 4 weeks, The police and army will be used to ensure there is no civil unrest ,

Its fucken caos out there, traffic jams , long queues , I couldn't even get any booze at the local bottle shop, a hundred people lined up ,

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm
Its official, as of midnight on Wednesday NZ goes into lock-down for 4 weeks, The police and army will be used to ensure there is no civil unrest ,

Its fucken caos out there, traffic jams , long queues , I couldn't even get any booze at the local bottle shop, a hundred people lined up ,
I did manage to get 250 rounds of skeet ammo , a box of clays , and 20 rounds of buck shot. :f

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm

You can't eat or drink that P. :lol:

I just got home and things were ok out there but shelves are still bare BAH HUMBUG! Broccoli has gone from $4 kg to $10 kg and a single small Cauliflower is $10! I got neither.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm

It's full on martial law:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12319029

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm
You can't eat or drink that P. :lol:

I just got home and things were ok out there but shelves are still bare BAH HUMBUG! Broccoli has gone from $4 kg to $10 kg and a single small Cauliflower is $10! I got neither.
""You can't eat or drink that""

But I can shoot things that I do want to eat, Ducks, Turkeys, sheep and there are a lot of rabbits and pheasants around at the mo. Yum!

I have a Gilmours card, so was able to buy some bulk flour and such like that is not on the shelves of any supermarkets that I have been too,You usually dont need a card to buy there, but with all this craziness they have made it card holders only, so that dairies and such like can keep their shelves stocked

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Today there was still no toilet paper, flour, pasta, rice, eggs etc etc etc.

I didn't even bother to look for hand sanitizer AND the people who had kept their kids home from school had them running riot around the supermarket aisles like mini lunatics.

People are STUPID! They really are! :roll: