New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
BigP

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by BigP » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 am

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:32 pm
We are surrounded by fools...including those at Bondi beach today.....
""We are surrounded by fools.""

We certainly are in this joint Billy,, :beer

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:50 am
Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Good post BO but -
The United Nations needs to find out how this happened
and if any country is working on bio weapons.
So far they haven't even mentioned it.
The UN is useless and a waste of time and resources. We need to start over.

Yes the UN has become another "League of Nations" -
a completely useless bunch of pricks who work in terms of
politics rather than actual facts on the ground.

The 5 major powers in the UN just veto anything which applies to them that they don't like.
I don't trust any government outside my own. I only trust my own as little as possible. I wouldn't dream of giving up any of my nation's sovereignty to the rest of the world and that's what the UN is constantly angling for with gun bans and environmental treaties that target us over other countries like China. Just look at the member nations of their "Human Rights Council".
""I don't trust any government outside my own. I only trust my own as little as possible.""

We are certainly on the same page there Tex

As the cry goes up "DONT FORGET THE ALAMO"" !!!

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:36 pm

BigP wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 am
Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:50 am
Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Good post BO but -
The United Nations needs to find out how this happened
and if any country is working on bio weapons.
So far they haven't even mentioned it.
The UN is useless and a waste of time and resources. We need to start over.

Yes the UN has become another "League of Nations" -
a completely useless bunch of pricks who work in terms of
politics rather than actual facts on the ground.

The 5 major powers in the UN just veto anything which applies to them that they don't like.
I don't trust any government outside my own. I only trust my own as little as possible. I wouldn't dream of giving up any of my nation's sovereignty to the rest of the world and that's what the UN is constantly angling for with gun bans and environmental treaties that target us over other countries like China. Just look at the member nations of their "Human Rights Council".
""I don't trust any government outside my own. I only trust my own as little as possible.""

We are certainly on the same page there Tex

As the cry goes up "DONT FORGET THE ALAMO"" !!!
The story of the Gonzales flag is a good read.

In early January 1831, Green DeWitt wrote to Ramón Músquiz, the top political official of Bexar, and requested armament for defense of the colony of Gonzales. This request was granted by delivery of a small used cannon. The small bronze cannon was received by the colony and signed for on March 10, 1831, by James Tumlinson, Jr.[6] The swivel cannon was mounted to a blockhouse in Gonzales and later was the object of Texas pride. At the minor skirmish known as the Battle of Gonzales—the first land battle of the Texas Revolution against Mexico—a small group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces who had orders from Colonel Domingo de Ugartechea to seize their cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texans had fashioned a flag containing the phrase "come and take it" along with a black star and an image of the cannon that they had received four years earlier from Mexican officials. This was the same message that was sent to the Mexican government when they told the Texans to return the cannon; lack of compliance with the initial demands led to the failed attempt by the Mexican military to forcefully take back the cannon.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Here's a rumor I actually wouldn't be surprised if true.

Animals used for testing at the Wuhan Institute of Virology were illegally sold to the live animal trade.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm

That wouldn't surprise me either, Gordon!!

Check out this report from 2007 too.

https://twitter.com/TheMikePatrick/stat ... 6597157888

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:46 pm

NSW is apparently shutting down non essential services as from Tuesday, but there is yet
to be clarification of what is a non essential service....
The mind boggles.....
What about...
Plumbers
Motor garages
Towtruck operators
Chiropractors
Veterinarians
Funeral Directors
All other trades
Motor dealerships
Real Estate Agents
NRL/AFL/HorseRacing/Greyhounds/Harness Racing...
Gomer refers to more draconian measures being taken...OK...
Can someone define
a) non essential services...
b) essential services...
If someone lives in say Albury/Wondonga or Tweed Heads/Coolangatta
Echuca/Moama and works over the border, will they be permitted to go to work
if the state is closed down...
How can the NRL/AFL continue if flights are shut down, yet Gomer wants these sports
to continue...why make special exceptions for footballers when football has been
virtually cancelled in numerous overseas countries.....
State and Federal grubberments are flying by the seat of their pants almost on a daily, maybe
an hourly basis....
These announcements are poorly constructed, poorly thought out and create anxiety within
the entire population....they should not be made until they are concise, exact and without doubt...
Our grubberments are failing miserably...….
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:35 pm

It's new territory so everyone is feeling their way. They are also getting totally contradictory advice from the 'experts'. I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime and probably nor have they.

We all have to feel our way through this and apart from the idiot who let almost 4,000 passengers loose into the Sydney community (and who was cough cough coughing trying to justify it on the news) I'm not going to criticise what they are trying to do.

At least 150 of these passengers were sick and let loose on the public.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm

I am curious about where they get the idea that self-isolation for 14 days will fix it. How do they know people won't wander down to the shops when they get bored and spread it all over everybody? :roll: I doubt even the experts know what will happen. Ah well. Stay safe everyone.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Nothing will stop it and I agree with you. Some countries are using drones to keep people indoors lol. Hope you stay safe Nef.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm
I am curious about where they get the idea that self-isolation for 14 days will fix it. How do they know people won't wander down to the shops when they get bored and spread it all over everybody? :roll: I doubt even the experts know what will happen. Ah well. Stay safe everyone.
The heavy casualties occur when the disease spreads so fast that they run out of beds and ventilators. By quarantining for 14 days, it slows down the spread so that hospitals can keep up with it and not run out of beds. By the time more get it, the beds may be available for the next wave. Eventually, enough people will have built up temporary immunity to it so that it doesn't spread as fast. At least that's what they are telling us.

We haven't completely locked everybody up but here is how we are handling it. The jury is out on whether or not it will work.

Restaurants are carry out or drive thru.

Gatherings of more than 10 people are forbidden.

People are encouraged to go to the store for and to tend to their elderly, keeping them as isolated as possible.

People are encouraged to keep a minimum of 2 meters between strangers and stay home as much as possible.

Most retail business have shut down unless they provide vital services like groceries or medicine.

Concerts, churches, gyms, schools have all shut down for a while. Most schools are giving out lessons on line. Churches are broadcasting services on line.

We were going to go to the movies tonight, but there wasn't anything worth watching. The theaters are closed, except for the drive in theater. We have the only drive in theater for 200 miles here.