America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
brian ross

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by brian ross » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:39 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:06 am
brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:14 pm
Trump's followers seem afraid of any investigation for some unfathomable reason.
The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:05 am
Actually, there's a very fathomable reason: Trump supporters know B.S. when they see it.
brian ross wrote:
Maybe so, maybe not. You appear 100% converted to support el Presidente' Trump, right or wrong. What happens if it discovers he is in the wrong? Will your allegiance change?
The Democrats had 2 years to prove that Trump did something wrong -- and just as I knew from the start, Russia collusion proved to be a hoax.
Ah, but not everybody is gifted with 20/20 foresight like yourself, 4E. Some people, like myself, like to see all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted before making pronouncements. I don't believe Trump was not helped by the Russians but I also don't believe he was. I think that too many Americans give too much weight to FacePlant and other "social media".
Now Attorney General Barr is investigating whether the Obama administration and Hillary campaign conspired to initiated a bogus investigation bent on pulling a coup on the legitimate winner of the 2016 election.
He is entitled to do that but just like you, I know that it will come to nothing, just like the Russian investigation. This smacks far too much like revenge politics to me. Again, another example of too many Americans believing that "social media" has far too much influence than it actually does.
It'll be entertaining to hear your reaction if, in fact, Barr proves -- with documents, interviews, indictments and convictions -- that Trump was the victim of an illegal set-up. Gosh, that would be at least the biggest political scandal since Watergate!
It does indeed but however as I have just said, it won't come to anything, 4E. Enjoy yourself while you can. El Presidente' Trump's time is limited.
brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:01 pm
Tell me, did you support Nixon before he was (nearly) impeached? How about Clinton? Oops, of course not, such a silly question, right, 4E? :roll:
Actually, I once supported Hubert H. Humphrey (Nixon's 1968 opponent), and I voted once for Clinton. I would have voted for Ross Perot if he hadn't dropped out.
Congratulations. I am surprised that you voted for Clinton. Afterall he was a Democrat and you appear to be totally opposed to the Democrats, merely because they are what, Democrats?
I grew up in a family of Democrats; it was the political correctness of the 1980s that drove me away from the donkey party. Of course, today's crop of Dems are so far left, they make Karl Marx look wishy-washy.
Some are. Just as some Republicans make Adolf Hitler look like a Marxist... :roll:

Your problem is that your focusing exclusively on the minority fringe of a large group of people and assuming that all Democrats are bad. You are playing very much like a hard Rightist who would be glad to see say, Pinochet in power in the Oval Office. :roll:
I've said it before -- I'm an independent, not a Republican. See, not all of our politics are as predictable as yours are!
I wouldn't bet on that. Our politics have been changing for over the last 30 years at least and the speed at which it is changing is increasing. While out major political parties are far more disciplined than yours, our fringe parties are just as full of dingbats and weirdos as yours are. You would be quite happy with them. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:21 pm

brian ross wrote:
Ah, but not everybody is gifted with 20/20 foresight like yourself, 4E. Some people, like myself, like to see all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted before making pronouncements. I don't believe Trump was not helped by the Russians but I also don't believe he was. I think that too many Americans give too much weight to FacePlant and other "social media".
Actually, it was the mainstream media that carried the water for Trump's accusers. The New York Times' editor admitted as much in a thought-to-be-private staff meeting -- i.e., that they had devoted most of their resources to covering "Russia collusion."
The4thEstate wrote:
Now Attorney General Barr is investigating whether the Obama administration and Hillary campaign conspired to initiated a bogus investigation bent on pulling a coup on the legitimate winner of the 2016 election.
brian ross wrote:
He is entitled to do that but just like you, I know that it will come to nothing, just like the Russian investigation. This smacks far too much like revenge politics to me. Again, another example of too many Americans believing that "social media" has far too much influence than it actually does.
Well, let's consider the alternative: If, in fact, a cabal of Obama administration bigwigs and Hillary campaign officials actually did collude in an attempt to take down a presidential candidate and then a president, the best way to discourage it from ever happening again is to expose the collaborators, prosecute them and hopefully imprison them.
The4thEstate wrote:
It'll be entertaining to hear your reaction if, in fact, Barr proves -- with documents, interviews, indictments and convictions -- that Trump was the victim of an illegal set-up. Gosh, that would be at least the biggest political scandal since Watergate!
brian ross wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:39 pm
It does indeed but however as I have just said, it won't come to anything, 4E. Enjoy yourself while you can. El Presidente' Trump's time is limited.
Yes, his time is limited to 8 years in the White House.
brian ross wrote:
Tell me, did you support Nixon before he was (nearly) impeached? How about Clinton? Oops, of course not, such a silly question, right, 4E? :roll:
The4thEstate wrote:
Actually, I once supported Hubert H. Humphrey (Nixon's 1968 opponent), and I voted once for Clinton. I would have voted for Ross Perot if he hadn't dropped out.
brian ross wrote:
Congratulations. I am surprised that you voted for Clinton. Afterall he was a Democrat and you appear to be totally opposed to the Democrats, merely because they are what, Democrats?
No, because they are radical leftist wackos who want to turn American into a Third World hellhole, to quote author Ann Coulter.

Today's crop of Democrat presidential candidates make Obama look like a centrist, which takes some doing.
brian ross wrote:
Your problem is that your focusing exclusively on the minority fringe of a large group of people and assuming that all Democrats are bad. You are playing very much like a hard Rightist who would be glad to see say, Pinochet in power in the Oval Office. :roll:
Well, during one debate, the moderator asked which of the Democrat candidates supported healthcare for illegal immigrants, and all of them raised their hands.

So feel free to show me a moderate Democrat presidential candidate who's among the top 5 in the polls.
The4thEstate wrote:
I've said it before -- I'm an independent, not a Republican. See, not all of our politics are as predictable as yours are!
brian ross wrote:
I wouldn't bet on that. Our politics have been changing for over the last 30 years at least and the speed at which it is changing is increasing. While out major political parties are far more disciplined than yours, our fringe parties are just as full of dingbats and weirdos as yours are. You would be quite happy with them. :roll:
I was quite happy to see Morrison win.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:28 pm

I would be happy to put a lazy ten on a bet , that this impeachment crock of shit wont even make it to the senate , Brian, are you interested ?

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm

And if ten isn't enough to peak your interest, come back with a counter offer ?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 pm

I know nothing about the USA...
I wonder if however, because of the civil unrest an impeachment or no impeachment will create....
Would they even hold a 2020 election......how does that work...….if there is no election..
Can there be "no election"....
Any USA constitutional lawyers out there...….
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:39 pm

There will be an election Billy, The Dems know they have very little chance of winning it, So they are doing their best to muddy the waters and trying to convince the public they are doing it in their best interests

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Cheers for that BigP….my ten will go on Hillary running against Trump then...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Are you betting on Hillary stampeding the clown car or actually beating Trump?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:39 pm
There will be an election Billy, The Dems know they have very little chance of winning it, So they are doing their best to muddy the waters and trying to convince the public they are doing it in their best interests
The dems have no chance
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Are you betting on Hillary stampeding the clown car or actually beating Trump?
I think if the economy weakens Hillary will beat Trump.....but no other Democrat candidate will....