America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:53 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm
Are you meaning the Russians, the Ukrainians or both? Trump didn't ask the Ukrainians to launch an investigation. An investigation into Biden was already underway and had been for some time.
No, that investigation was well and truly over by the time Trump came a'callin', Black Orchid. Something the Ukranian President impressed on el Presidente' Trump during his call. :roll:
Your version of the call is that there was quid pro quo, which there was not.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:53 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Are you meaning the Russians, the Ukrainians or both? Trump didn't ask the Ukrainians to launch an investigation. An investigation into Biden was already underway and had been for some time.
No, that investigation was well and truly over by the time Trump came a'callin', Black Orchid. Something the Ukranian President impressed on el Presidente' Trump during his call. :roll:
White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admits there was quid pro quo, Black Orchid.

I suggest you get yourself in tune with reality before commenting further on this topic. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Fred wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
There is no investigation into Biden, while there was an investigation into Biden Jr that was closed off for whatever reason. Now the claim is that the then Vice President intervened into the investigation with aid money and had the attorney general (right title???) sacked. Now this too was supposed to be investigated, which I doubt. Something Trump himself could launch investigations into, except it would play out much the same way is it is now with a president trying to use homeland security to influence elections.

However, all that is pretty irrelevant to the issue of Trump, the point I am making is, since the Russian interference is such a massive intrusion that should any American sitting member colluding to have another nation intercede in an election, then the fact Trump ASKED another nation to investigate his political opponents (regardless of if it was a favour or pressure being exerted by withholding aid) is just as bad…
Joe Biden himself received $900,000 from The Burisma Group for lobbying activities when he was Vice President. While he was VP he took his son on Air Force 2 to China and Hunter came back with $1.4 billion in hedge fund money. I would think it was the duty of a sitting President to investigate this no matter who it is. Biden even boasted to the world on camera that he had the Ukrainian Prosecutor sacked. If Biden, Warren and Sanders are the best they have got the Dems deserve to lose.

As for the Russian collusion, the Mueller Report found no evidence of conspiracy on Trump's part.

All the Dems have done is spent 3 years trying to impeach Trump (which they said they would do even before he was elected) when they should be trying to concentrate on BEATING him in 2020 with policies a lot more polished than the top 3 are offering.

There are some decent offerings in the Democratic race, Tulsi Gabbard for one, it's just a pity for them they will probably instead go with Pocahontas the nutter so all they have left is to just keep trying to damage Trump. I really don't think it will work.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admits there was quid pro quo, Black Orchid.

I suggest you get yourself in tune with reality before commenting further on this topic. :roll:
I suggest you (fill in the blank) ......

The Ukrainian President had NO idea that military funds were being held at the time of the telephone conversation therefore NO quid pro quo took place.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:17 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 pm
.............. Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Oct 16
More
“About 500,000 human beings were killed in Syria while Barack Obama was president & leading for a “political settlement” to that civil war. Media has been more outraged in the last 72 hours over our Syria policy than they were at any point during 7 years of slaughter.” BuckSexton

15,304 replies41,051 retweets129,917 likes
Reply 15K Retweet 41K Like 130K
Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Oct 16
More
I am the only person who can fight for the safety of our troops & bring them home from the ridiculous & costly Endless Wars, and be scorned. Democrats always liked that position, until I took it. Democrats always liked Walls, until I built them. Do you see what’s happening here? ................
AND the Turks have stopped their attack. For now.

Fred

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Joe Biden himself received $900,000 from The Burisma Group for lobbying activities when he was Vice President. While he was VP he took his son on Air Force 2 to China and Hunter came back with $1.4 billion in hedge fund money. I would think it was the duty of a sitting President to investigate this no matter who it is. Biden even boasted to the world on camera that he had the Ukrainian Prosecutor sacked. If Biden, Warren and Sanders are the best they have got the Dems deserve to lose.
Care to provide some evidence of this accusation of receiving for the lobbying, that has already been debunked around the world??? As for his son, again an accusation that has thus far fallen way short of any evidence after two investigations. the matters WERE investigated and nothing could be established.

Oh yes, I even heard and explanation (or excuse) over the Biden comments. Not sure I believe them BUT that could have been investigate and should have been investigated by USA. Clearly there is a problem of trying to have political opponents investigated. After all, if Biden wasn’t running against him (or trying too) this issue would never have come up. Again, the validity of the claims are not the issue here.
Black Orchid wrote:
As for the Russian collusion, the Mueller Report found no evidence of conspiracy on Trump's part.
Irrelevant, the only point I make about the Russian collusion is that it is example of how serious everyday Americans consider this issue. I am not discussing the validity of the accusation here either.
Black Orchid wrote:
All the Dems have done is spent 3 years trying to impeach Trump (which they said they would do even before he was elected) when they should be trying to concentrate on BEATING him in 2020 with policies a lot more polished than the top 3 are offering.
Again, they are using Trump tactics here. Make a claim no matter how outrageous it is, and then repeat it, embellish it until people start believing there is some truth to the matter. I don’t think it will work, but this far out, and we have a point of contention of a sitting President requesting foreign powers to interfere in US electoral process.
Black Orchid wrote:
There are some decent offerings in the Democratic race, Tulsi Gabbard for one, it's just a pity for them they will probably instead go with Pocahontas the nutter so all they have left is to just keep trying to damage Trump. I really don't think it will work.
I agree, but if the Russia collusion was such a serious matter, and then he has committed a crime, impeach him and get on with it. Impeachment doesn’t mean he will lose his presidency…

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:51 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney denied saying that President Donald Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine as a quid pro quo to get the country to investigate Democrats.

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” Mulvaney said in a statement on Thursday evening. “The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption.“
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... et-over-it

I suggest you stop being a pompous twat and get yourself in tune with reality.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Fred wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Care to provide some evidence of this accusation of receiving for the lobbying, that has already been debunked around the world??? As for his son, again an accusation that has thus far fallen way short of any evidence after two investigations. the matters WERE investigated and nothing could be established.

Oh yes, I even heard and explanation (or excuse) over the Biden comments. Not sure I believe them BUT that could have been investigate and should have been investigated by USA. Clearly there is a problem of trying to have political opponents investigated. After all, if Biden wasn’t running against him (or trying too) this issue would never have come up. Again, the validity of the claims are not the issue here.
Black Orchid wrote:
Irrelevant, the only point I make about the Russian collusion is that it is example of how serious everyday Americans consider this issue. I am not discussing the validity of the accusation here either.
Black Orchid wrote:
Again, they are using Trump tactics here. Make a claim no matter how outrageous it is, and then repeat it, embellish it until people start believing there is some truth to the matter. I don’t think it will work, but this far out, and we have a point of contention of a sitting President requesting foreign powers to interfere in US electoral process.
Black Orchid wrote:
I agree, but if the Russia collusion was such a serious matter, and then he has committed a crime, impeach him and get on with it. Impeachment doesn’t mean he will lose his presidency…
Maybe our American members can enlighten us. What Biden did was not illegal but was it morally and ethically ok for a VP? I would say no. We have enough corruption at high levels as it is. Most are only in it to feather their own nests and whilst some work barely inside the parameters of law others think they are made of teflon.

Fred

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Maybe our American members can enlighten us. What Biden did was not illegal but was it morally and ethically ok for a VP? I would say no. We have enough corruption at high levels as it is. Most are only in it to feather their own nests and whilst some work barely inside the parameters of law others think they are made of teflon.
If Biden did was factual, his claim was that the attorney general was already on the firing block, that nothing he said (even in jest) was influencing factor. Much the same as Trump’s issue, so it was at the very least morally and ethically wrong, but I suggest also illegal. BUT again different issue, Biden can be investigated by the US for this crime.

Anyway, the as far as Trump, I think it stands for itself. Biden, should have been investigated at the time and not when suddenly he is threat to Trump.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:40 pm

It doesn't appear to be in jest and he would never get my vote. His inappropriate acts towards women and children are just plain creepy as well as his really oddball gaffes.

Having said that, no-one should be immune from a corruption enquiry even, or especially, Trump but the Dems have been going at this for 3 years and so far nothing has stuck. They are so obsessed and focused solely on impeachment that IF they could find something to level at him that would stick they would have by now.

I just think they need to get on with trying to legitimately win 2020 and focus on the American people rather than continuing to be very sore losers. Impeach or don't impeach but just move the hell forward.