The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Neferti

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:29 pm

American politics has fuck all to do with what goes on in OZ. Even my American friends don't talk about this stuff ...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Then don't read it.

TO ALL ... any more ad hom BS is going to be removed.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Then don't read it.

I was under the impression that this was an AUSTRALIAN POLITICAL FORUM.

I know absolutely NOTHING about American Politics and don't want to.

Perhaps it is time for Neferti to depart, along with all the other original PA Members.

Cheers.

Neferti

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Then don't read it.

I was under the impression that this was an AUSTRALIAN POLITICAL FORUM.

I know absolutely NOTHING about American Politics and don't want to.

Perhaps it is time for Neferti to depart, along with all the other original PA Members.

Cheers.

Neferti
World Politics is only one sub-forum and there IS an Australian section for you to post in along with many other sub-forums. If that's not enough for you ...

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Then don't read it.

Great
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Fred

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:38 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am
Oh, please ... is this a serious post, or did I stumble onto the Comedy Central web page?

The Russia collusion investigation was a hoax from day one, hatched by the Hillary campaign and the Obama administration. Investigator Mueller and his team of angry Democrats still couldn't manage to find a shred of evidence of any collusion, whose origins are now under investigation by the current Attorney General's office.

Think I'm full of it? Word has it that the Inspector General's report, which is supposedly as thick as a phone book, is going to be released on Friday ... and that it will document all the funny business that took place in the FISA court thanks in part to then FBI director James Comey. I'm sure other Obama bigwigs will be mentioned prominently in the text.

Could be indictments coming, and this time it'll be the Democrats playing defense.

And that doesn't even include what William Barr and his hand-picked "investigator of the investigators," John Durham, will turn up while interviewing intelligence officials in places like the Ukraine, Italy and yes, Australia.
You missed the point about the Russian interference. It doesn’t matter if you think it is real or not. That fact is you feel it is criminal enough to be defended. As ALL consider, collusion with ANY government to influence elections especially by those in the election is a very, very serious matter. THAT is what the point of Russia is.

NOBODY is denying Trump requested a foreign government to launch an investigation into a candidate in a presidential election. Trump claims he is a criminal and so on but clearly there is no evidence of such...

So If you think Russia interfering in US elections is bad enough, I would suggest you would find a US candidate colluding WITH Russia would be worse. You can defend Russia all you want, that is something else.
The4thEstate wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am
Stay tuned for further details of the attempted coup on Trump ... I'm keeping my cupboard stocked with popcorn!
What is funny, is all the bleating over this is keeping the image of Trump in the forefront as a person who will do anything to win an election, including trying to force other nations to corrupt US elections for his benefit. Will play to the next elections, giving them the time to create the image of fact from innuendo. People like you, who jump on the band wagon to defend him in this manner, just help that cause.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Are you meaning the Russians, the Ukrainians or both? Trump didn't ask the Ukrainians to launch an investigation. An investigation into Biden was already underway and had been for some time.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm
Are you meaning the Russians, the Ukrainians or both? Trump didn't ask the Ukrainians to launch an investigation. An investigation into Biden was already underway and had been for some time.
No, that investigation was well and truly over by the time Trump came a'callin', Black Orchid. Something the Ukranian President impressed on el Presidente' Trump during his call. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Fred

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm
There is no investigation into Biden, while there was an investigation into Biden Jr that was closed off for whatever reason. Now the claim is that the then Vice President intervened into the investigation with aid money and had the attorney general (right title???) sacked. Now this too was supposed to be investigated, which I doubt. Something Trump himself could launch investigations into, except it would play out much the same way is it is now with a president trying to use homeland security to influence elections.

However, all that is pretty irrelevant to the issue of Trump, the point I am making is, since the Russian interference is such a massive intrusion that should any American sitting member colluding to have another nation intercede in an election, then the fact Trump ASKED another nation to investigate his political opponents (regardless of if it was a favour or pressure being exerted by withholding aid) is just as bad…

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 pm

.............. Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Oct 16
More
“About 500,000 human beings were killed in Syria while Barack Obama was president & leading for a “political settlement” to that civil war. Media has been more outraged in the last 72 hours over our Syria policy than they were at any point during 7 years of slaughter.” BuckSexton

15,304 replies41,051 retweets129,917 likes
Reply 15K Retweet 41K Like 130K
Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Oct 16
More
I am the only person who can fight for the safety of our troops & bring them home from the ridiculous & costly Endless Wars, and be scorned. Democrats always liked that position, until I took it. Democrats always liked Walls, until I built them. Do you see what’s happening here? ................
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.