New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:00 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:51 pm
Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:39 pm
Bobby, that's why I've been quietly stocking up for 3 weeks. I have kids to think about.
I'm wondering why the Chinese need SO MUCH toilet paper! To sell I guess! We've been told to buy a bit extra but only for a 2 week isolation period.

I read earlier that the government could step in and isolate people themselves. Something we've never seen before.
I've got easly 2 weeks with normal meals but I reckon I have enough for 3 month on survival rations.
I wouldn't even know how much food to get in for 3 months :rofl

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:05 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:47 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:36 pm

I did warn you! I also told you what to do! *shrug

I followed the advice of ScoMo and other leaders - not to panic -
so I didn't stock up.
I was certain that the supermarkets would place limits on amounts
to stop their shelves from going bare.
I trusted the "very smart" people running this country to do the right thing.
They've been telling people not to panic but they have also been telling people to buy a bit extra every time they shop. So you weren't listening.

But did you really expect that the supermarkets would allow shoppers
to buy trolleys piled 2 meters high with dunny rolls?
I didn't - I saw the proof tonight on ABC TV.
I warned you yesterday morning and even put up pics. You should have heeded the warning lol

You did but it was too late -
by the time I went to the supermartket after work today
the damage was already done.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 pm
Gordon wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Bobby, that's why I've been quietly stocking up for 3 weeks. I have kids to think about.
I'm wondering why the Chinese need SO MUCH toilet paper! To sell I guess! We've been told to buy a bit extra but only for a 2 week isolation period.

I read earlier that the government could step in and isolate people themselves. Something we've never seen before.
I've got easly 2 weeks with normal meals but I reckon I have enough for 3 month on survival rations.
This is stuff I didn't even go an buy. A client distributes protein powders gave me LOADS of it. I have about 5KG each of whey/pea/egg protein powder.
That shit will keep you alive for months. You'll be constipated as hell, but at least you won't need toilet paper :)

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm

You should have gone yesterday Bobby!!!

When I went shopping yesterday morning I realised that things were very grim with people panicking and emptying shelves so I called all the local supermarkets within a reasonable distance and asked about their deliveries. I had to go further afield than normal but I got 2 packs of toilet paper and wish I had gotten 4 now. 5 pallet loads disappeared within minutes. You can't even get deliveries or click and collect online.

That's what you need to do. CALL THEM and ask what is being delivered and what time and BE THERE! I had to go out last night to do it.

You have to get off your butt and be proactive Bobby. ScoMo isn't going to have it delivered to you.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:16 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 pm
Gordon wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Gordon wrote:

This is stuff I didn't even go an buy. A client distributes protein powders gave me LOADS of it. I have about 5KG each of whey/pea/egg protein powder.
That shit will keep you alive for months. You'll be constipated as hell, but at least you won't need toilet paper :)
Yeah I've run out of protein powder. It was on the list for this week but I got sidetracked lol

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

And for anyone who really thinks relying on supermarket home delivery is a good idea, there are currently up to 3 - 4 day waits.

My Woolies/Coles is showing 2 days. Imagine what will happen when people start actually getting sick!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm
And for anyone who really thinks relying on supermarket home delivery is a good idea, there are currently up to 3 - 4 day waits.

My Woolies/Coles is showing 2 days. Imagine what will happen when people start actually getting sick!
I tried that before I started calling around yesterday and I couldn't even get click and collect let alone delivery. It only showed the blocks up until Sunday and none were available.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm
You should have gone yesterday Bobby!!!

When I went shopping yesterday morning I realised that things were very grim with people panicking and emptying shelves so I called all the local supermarkets within a reasonable distance and asked about their deliveries. I had to go further afield than normal but I got 2 packs of toilet paper and wish I had gotten 4 now. 5 pallet loads disappeared within minutes. You can't even get deliveries or click and collect online.

That's what you need to do. CALL THEM and ask what is being delivered and what time and BE THERE! I had to go out last night to do it.

You have to get off your butt and be proactive Bobby. ScoMo isn't going to have it delivered to you.

Yes - you're right.
What about all the people who missed out?

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:28 pm

Bloody hell....Coles would take nearly a week for delivery
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:28 pm

Supermarkets are still getting supplies you just have to go to one of the bigger ones and call them and ask what they are getting and when and BE THERE!

The ones I called were very helpful.