Australia gives away $149 billion in free gas

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Jasin

Re: Australia gives away $149 billion in free gas

Post by Jasin » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:57 pm

New Zealand has got it bad as well.
All their good locally produced food of high quality gets sold overseas and they get dumped with cheap imports of lesser quality.
That's just one example. This is why 'Hunting' and 'Spearfishing' is popular over there - they catch their own meat in Venison and Fish with no Supermarket cashing in.

We have some of the best Gas reserves - but long ago we got screwed over and are now a 'exploited' country, rather than 'self-sufficient'.
No-one wants Australia to be an 'independent and self-sustaining' nation and this doesn't mean Britain is against this - rather more from the USA leading the pack of Internationals using our Prime Ministers to 'keep our nation' weak and in check.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:53 pm

Jasin wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:57 pm
New Zealand has got it bad as well.
All their good locally produced food of high quality gets sold overseas and they get dumped with cheap imports of lesser quality.
That's just one example. This is why 'Hunting' and 'Spearfishing' is popular over there - they catch their own meat in Venison and Fish with no Supermarket cashing in.

We have some of the best Gas reserves - but long ago we got screwed over and are now a 'exploited' country, rather than 'self-sufficient'.
No-one wants Australia to be an 'independent and self-sustaining' nation and this doesn't mean Britain is against this - rather more from the USA leading the pack of Internationals using our Prime Ministers to 'keep our nation' weak and in check.

yes - the steak in the NZ supermarkets is as tough as old boots and
the good stuff gets exported or sold to local restaurants to be sold for megabucks.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:37 pm

I’ve noticed changes in NZ with food taste.
In 2011 the potato chips still tasted amazing!
Apples were the best ever.
We’ve been back a couple times since (before lockdown) and the potato chips lack favour! Apples are bleugh!
I was so upset that NZ had lost those amazing flavours they once had. Very disappointing.
As for gas here in Oz…. now they’re saying we will have a gas shortage coming this winter! With costs likely to spiral!
Just another scare tactic for the push towards electricity.

I’ve been looking at old wood heater ovens on marketplace… well it sure seems we are going backwards in this modern high tech life!

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:16 am

Yes Sophia. I've been visiting NZ since I was a boy. One day it tasted great! These days, everything has gone bland on a commercial level. You want good food in NZ, you need to know people and get it privately or via a trade, etc. Even the Supermarkets that promise the highest quality of food compared to the lowly Pak n' Save stores have been caught selling 'imported' stuff more and more these days.

Always a scare tactic via the Media propaganda for the Big Companies and Political Parties. They cash in on that like a pre-meditated Sale bonanza from the gullibles who are glued to the TV and believe everything like those on the Internet who fall into conspiracies. Australia has the best Gas reserves - there's only a 'shortage' because they themselves made it so. "Oh look. There was a punch-up in Yakut land. Petrol Prices set to rise!"

mellie

Post by mellie » Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:33 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:13 pm
Albo -

Good video Bobby! :thumb
Yep, great video , I honestly wish I could be a citizen of Norway, this country's future is in the hands of convicts negotiating with pirates and savages. 200 years later, and what's changed?
Embarrassing!
~A climate change denier is what an idiot calls a realist~https://g.co/kgs/6F5wtU

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:17 am

The last time I had seen Australia give away $149 billion in free gas, the 40 hour famine (Oxfam) had ended.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:32 pm

The World is expecting Australia to be the largest dumping ground of immigration... just like the massive influx into the USA over the centuries.
Australia is set to be like the USA in a 'same shit, different smell' way.
Once that Union Jack is 'removed' off the Australian Flag by the British (another 'rejection') and all 'Royal' titles dismissed like in the 'Royal' Commission and other offices, etc.
It will be a free-for-all here and survival of the fittest regardless of race. Even the Aborigines, who have had it good via the British Political 'Just Visiting' status here - will suddenly find themselves left wanting as everyone else can't give a crap about them anymore as they themselves compete to get ahead in a country now split into the haves and have nots of a major gulf between rich and poor, as the traditional Egalitarian 'middle-class' Australia is torn apart and something of the past too.

Tasmania will be much like Canada.
PNG will be much like Mexico.