A Short History of Political Animal

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Aussie

Re: A History of Political Animal

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Mattus,

Obviously I wasn't involved in the JJJ ABC Political Forum but I got the Internet in 1995 at home, before even the Public Service had it and I recall paying $5 an hour to be online and talking to people in Chat Rooms ALL night! Then getting a bill from MSN for $300 that month!

I still keep in touch with some of those people. It was certainly a different time and everyone was rather lose with their personal information .....
Those meets were in the post JJJ PA. They occurred when Shrink and Tomb were joint Bosses here......on the insecure Board we went to after JJJ turfed us out.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Can someone explain why they turfed PA out. For the record.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Super Nova wrote:Can someone explain why they turfed PA out. For the record.
Why 'who' turfed us out? If you mean JJJ.....well, I reckon you'll get a few versions. How about you tell us yours. Super Nova was there at the time it happened.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 pm

ABC/JJJ.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Super Nova wrote:ABC/JJJ.
You were there, weren't you? Tell us all your version.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Fuck you idiot.

I have stated, as you know, I joined just before it got killed. The exact reason was not worthy of storing in long term memory. I have more important thing to deposit there like remembering everytime you lie. That requires a significant amount of space.

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm

I don't think they gave an exact reason.

I'd guess it was either too many manhours being spent moderating, or to maintain the ABC's semblance of political impartiality.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Super Nova wrote:Fuck you idiot.

I have stated, as you know, I joined just before it got killed. The exact reason was not worthy of storing in long term memory. I have more important thing to deposit there like remembering everytime you lie. That requires a significant amount of space.
Bullshit. You were all over ele, post JJJ, raving on about what you said were her evils there. Oh......were you forging that shit about ele as well?

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 pm

boxy wrote:I don't think they gave an exact reason.

I'd guess it was either too many manhours being spent moderating, or to maintain the ABC's semblance of political impartiality.
The reasons were (if AnimalMother can be believed) two fold:

1. The incessant posting by your know who about his you know what, and
2. Alleged lack of moderating resources.

But.....while #1 was true enough, #2 was rubbish....and when you look at what was happening at SSSF at the same time....both excuses were lame. The same crap is still being posted at SSSF, still publicly funded.....unlike here.

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Animals assemble!

To the FOI-mobile, hazzah! :bike
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."