A Short History of Political Animal

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Re: A History of Political Animal

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 am

I have had dealings with the evil one before. I could tell you many a story but I guess you will all find out in time

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 am

Black Orchid wrote:I have had dealings with the evil one before. I could tell you many a story but I guess you will all find out in time
I am finding out.

Evil does what evil is.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:34 am

Restricting the WMD to only certain parts of the forum might go a long way towards more fluid interactions

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 am

Anyone remember the halcyon days of PA when we could actually post photos of ourselves? Aussie, of course, sneaky as always, posted only the backside of his head revealing a balding spot. PA actually had parties when members got together ... think they were always in Sydney. And photos of those parties were posted as well.

mantra

Post by mantra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:Anyone remember the halcyon days of PA when we could actually post photos of ourselves? Aussie, of course, sneaky as always, posted only the backside of his head revealing a balding spot. PA actually had parties when members got together ... think they were always in Sydney. And photos of those parties were posted as well.
I suppose these forums were a novelty then. I prefer them to be detached and impersonal though. There's enough fighting when there is no intimacy.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 am

mantra wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:Anyone remember the halcyon days of PA when we could actually post photos of ourselves? Aussie, of course, sneaky as always, posted only the backside of his head revealing a balding spot. PA actually had parties when members got together ... think they were always in Sydney. And photos of those parties were posted as well.
I suppose these forums were a novelty then. I prefer them to be detached and impersonal though. There's enough fighting when there is no intimacy.
It was all quite fun. It got nasty later when Aussie got the upper hand. Back then he was a rank and file member.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 pm

You are a cockhead, truly. There were a couple of meetings in Sydney......attended by Shrink, Dr Nick, Brooke, xbz, The Colonel, AnimalMother, Carly went to the first, and two others ladies whose names escape me....gawd......the lady who joined the Navy, and the lady who worked for an airline. Yes, photos were posted.

But.....cockhead.....there were also two in Brisbane. The first at The Vic Hotel (since burned to the ground) and the attendees were myself, Daz, G-Force (and his non PA girl friend)....and Mattus. Yes, photos were posted. I recall Mattus copped plenty because an idiot took the opportunity to personally abuse his appearance. The second was at Milton. Attended by me, xbz (accompanied by her male friend) and Evolve was supposed to be there, but he failed to show up. No photos were taken.

I know those of me were later taken down, because I asked that they be removed.....I was not Modding at the time.......so it had nil to do with me. Yes, stalking crap had commenced....can you guess from whom?

On the matter of photos....there was one which takes the cake. It included a message to me, AiA. Do you know who, and why?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Oooh. Is this a punch up? (as opposed to a cat fight?) :P :P

Can we place bets?

Mattus

Post by Mattus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Aussie wrote:and two others ladies whose names escape me....gawd......the lady who joined the Navy, and the lady who worked for an airline.
Kanki, Whitemouse
Yes, photos were posted.
Pretty sure Ele and her kids went to one in Sydney or Canberra too.
G-Force (and his non PA girl friend)
Sister

We had a mini Boomshanka meet up here in Melbourne too. Me, Will-b, Dr Nick, maybe some others, and of course I think every animal who got on a plane met Kanki for a coffee at Kingston Smith.

But anyway, AiA is right. Back in the day there were lots of cheerful meet ups. With right wing death beasts like AM sharing a meal with Lefty Loonies like Ele. Things got weird though, violent. I wouldn't go anywhere near an open a PA meet if it took place today.
"I may be the first man to put a testicle in Germaine Greer's mouth"

-Heston Blumenthal

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Mattus,

Obviously I wasn't involved in the JJJ ABC Political Forum but I got the Internet in 1995 at home, before even the Public Service had it and I recall paying $5 an hour to be online and talking to people in Chat Rooms ALL night! Then getting a bill from MSN for $300 that month!

I still keep in touch with some of those people. It was certainly a different time and everyone was rather lose with their personal information .....