Poor living standards: Homes

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Frances

Re: Poor living standards: Homes

Post by Frances » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:29 pm

Saw a woman wearing a burqa walking around the local shopping centre today. I think that's the first time I've seen that, although you do see women wearing hijabs every now and then.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:34 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:06 am
Sophia wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:58 am
Bobby wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:06 pm
Jasin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 pm
What part of Melbourne are they mostly in?
Carlton?
Pakenham, and many other suburbs.
More like Frankston and Dandenong.
And that Frankston Pier stabbing recently… is it a surprise?….a homeless wanna be artist Aussie randomly stabbed to death an Asian fisherman, he was a dad to 3 kids. Frankston is a worry. Has been for yonks.
Anywhere where a train line goes into can bring in all sorts of trouble. And a nice train ride to the beach is always on the agenda for those with lots of time to kill… literally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... abbed.html
Frankston is normally OK -
Frankston North is full of bogans.
Dandenong is only dangerous at night.
It's full of criminals.
Speaking of Dandenong… :nah :giggle

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYVCYWuD/

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:24 am

Sophia wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:34 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:06 am
Sophia wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:58 am
Bobby wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:06 pm
Jasin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 pm
What part of Melbourne are they mostly in?
Carlton?
Pakenham, and many other suburbs.
More like Frankston and Dandenong.
And that Frankston Pier stabbing recently… is it a surprise?….a homeless wanna be artist Aussie randomly stabbed to death an Asian fisherman, he was a dad to 3 kids. Frankston is a worry. Has been for yonks.
Anywhere where a train line goes into can bring in all sorts of trouble. And a nice train ride to the beach is always on the agenda for those with lots of time to kill… literally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... abbed.html
Frankston is normally OK -
Frankston North is full of bogans.
Dandenong is only dangerous at night.
It's full of criminals.
Speaking of Dandenong… :nah :giggle

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYVCYWuD/

LOL - ask them if they want to get popped:

Frances

Post by Frances » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:00 pm

I went to a takeaway food shop and the cashier was wearing a hijab. I wasn't expecting that.....

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:08 pm

You're right about the 'train' lines and even in Rural areas - anywhere there is a town living off the main arterial highways, they're the ones filled with the riff-raff spongers.

Reckon 89% whities where I live. But as more and more coastal areas get exploited by Real Estate and like Kiama - become suburban sprawls, you get all these new immigrants buying up there.

I'm far south NSW coastal. The only cultural influx we jest at are the Victorians coming up for holidays. :lol:

I'm glad I no longer have to put up with either Sydney or Melbourne.

When I lived in Melbourne, the trains, trams and buses were full of 'Europeans' ancestry peoples all in their VFL/AFL attires. 4 years ago I had to go to Melbourne a number of times for work and you hardly see any of that during footy season. Nothing but gibbering darkies and their very 'unsociable' ways.
Sydney is no better now. Both cities have become Culturally dead and unsociable.

Frances

Post by Frances » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:28 pm

Well, I went down to Parramatta today and I must admit that the racial mix was a bit different from what I'm used to here. Most of the obviously non-Anglo types other than Asians or Indians appeared to be Middle Eastern, and there were quite a lot. I only saw (what I assumed to be) six black Africans though, in spite of what some of the other posters have been saying.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:42 am

Last time I was in 'Parra' was at the Tavern to see the Doug Anthony Allstars. :lol:

Frances

Post by Frances » Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:21 pm

I went one step further today and spent two hours in Blacktown, playing spot the Aussie. Mind you, some of the people who you might think of as being "non-Australians" (I really struggled trying to find a word that works but doesn't sound insulting) could be second or third generation Australians by now, which would make them more Australian than me, given that my parents were migrants.......

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:25 pm

Jasin wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:42 am
Last time I was in 'Parra' was at the Tavern to see the Doug Anthony Allstars. :lol:
Oh wow, I lived DAAS! Their singing was amazing. Plus they were funny too. Tim has MS but still involved with anything entertainment.

Down memory lane in their heyday.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:55 am

Yeah Frances, having lived out westie way for many years - Blacktown has changed in ethnic demographic since the days of Tiffanys. Once Blacktown became a suburban sprawl and swallowed up the surrounding rural areas, the Black in the Town became Yellowtown with a mass influx of Philipinos before all the rest flooded in. Sydney isn't renowned for 'planning' and Blacktown became a messy shemozzle of kit-sized suburbs and apartments, like the rest of Sydney. Even Campbelltown was swallowed up and is now Scrambletown, Emu-Plains/Penrith is just another awful cloud of monoxide from mass traffic and even Windsor now is being slowly absorbed and no longer a stand alone part of the Basin. Hell, they want to extend beyond Campbelltown with 760,000 homes down to Tahmoor!
Sydney has become a noisy Basin of monoxide gases that sit like a fog for frogs to croak on. Suburbs with nothing more than a Petrol Station and a Woolworths to express a 'community culture'.

Sophia.
DAAS rule!! :thumb
Even if McDermott called me a prime example of a Westie gronk with my flannie and ugboots. I felt so proud! :yahoo