At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Sophia

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Sophia » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:46 pm

Hi Rosie… I did end up watching Barbie (daughter has the Netflix while I have Prime, and she forbade me watching Barbie on Netflix for some reason :giggle) then she said okay … so we watched it and a lot of interesting points/messages in that movie. Then all the collectable types of Barbies depicted … including the rare pregnant barbie with removable baby and flat stomach put back in place.
And daughter has that pregnant barbie doll… stored in shed somewhere… eventually we’ll find all those dolls!

But yeah… we didn’t mind the Barbie movie, after all.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:51 pm

A funny story… daughter likes wearing pink in summer… we both went out to Doncaster shopping town… they have big theatres there and Barbie was on (we didn’t know until later) so here’s my daughter with hair in plaited pigtails and wearing pink… everyone kept asking “Are you going to see Barbie?” She says a serious “No”

Anyway… now Barbie is finished I said to daughter it’s now safe to go out wearing pink again :giggle

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:07 pm

Sophia wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:51 pm
A funny story… daughter likes wearing pink in summer… we both went out to Doncaster shopping town… they have big theatres there and Barbie was on (we didn’t know until later) so here’s my daughter with hair in plaited pigtails and wearing pink… everyone kept asking “Are you going to see Barbie?” She says a serious “No”

Anyway… now Barbie is finished I said to daughter it’s now safe to go out wearing pink again :giggle
Where is Doncaster? The only one I know is in the UK. It's sounding a bit as though I maybe better give the Barbie movie another try. :lol:
Life does not have an undo button

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Doncaster is about half hour drive east of Melbourne.
A bit of a well to do area from past… and a huge updated shopping town… too big for me… I get tired in those big shopping centres… it drains me of my energy.

Frances

Post by Frances » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Saw the French movie "Divertimento" at the Palace cinema today and enjoyed every minute of it, even if I did almost cry a couple of times.....

Frances

Post by Frances » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:40 pm

Sophia wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:25 pm
I get tired in those big shopping centres… it drains me of my energy.
I know what you mean. I try to avoid Westfield Parramatta at all costs. Westfield Hornsby and Westfield Sydney are also on my don't visit unless you have to list. I don't have quite the same reaction to all large shopping centres though - I quite enjoy visiting Castle Towers at Castle Hill.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:03 am

Frances wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:36 pm
Saw the French movie "Divertimento" at the Palace cinema today and enjoyed every minute of it, even if I did almost cry a couple of times.....
Divertimento I think sounds more Italian.
If I recall my folks would use that expression from time to time. Must put on my “to watch” list :PC

Frances

Post by Frances » Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:12 pm

It had a fairly limited release, so I'm not sure how much longer it will be around for.

Don't be put off about me almost crying a few times - it's not a sad film. It's just me - I cry very easily when I'm watching a movie - I have no idea why, as I never used to have that sort of reaction until a few years ago.....

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:24 pm

Frances wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:12 pm
It had a fairly limited release, so I'm not sure how much longer it will be around for.

Don't be put off about me almost crying a few times - it's not a sad film. It's just me - I cry very easily when I'm watching a movie - I have no idea why, as I never used to have that sort of reaction until a few years ago.....
Oh I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets teary. I too used to be tougher and not tear up… but now… even wstching people’s stories of heartbreak on news or current affairs… the eyes start watering. I have to leave the room!
That’s why I can’t watch much of the sad news.
I think it’s too much empathy!
Oh for those days of carefree and wild abandon!

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:45 am

Doncaster (VIC) is where the Rich boys go Night Clubbing with a length of wood and the poor (Bogans) stay well away from.

*Note: the Melbournian Bogan should not be taken to be like the Sydney 'Houso'. The Bogan is a 'passive-poor', compared to the Houso 'aggressive-poor'.