Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 am

You can be dragged out of a car and arrested in America for refusing to cooperate with the police, but to be stopped you have to be suspected of an actual crime. You either have to commit a driving offense in their presence or they need to have a warrant for your arrest based on your car being identified as being owned by a known criminal on the loose. The side of the road is no place to argue with the police. Take it to court.

That being said, what crime was she stopped for? I'm really curious. Do they just randomly stop people and demand their address in Australia for the 5km distance rule? Do they run license plates to determine the address of the owner and then determine the distance to their current location? That makes Orwell's 1984 look desirable. What does owning a phone charger in the car have to do with anything?

In the interest of not being accused of piling on your country, I'll show what it takes for a defenseless little old lady to get tased and arrested in Texas. In the cops defense, he was doing everything he could to keep himself and her out of the lane of traffic. When he pushed her, she was about to walk into traffic. He originally pulled her over for speeding in an occupied road construction zone and she was refusing to sign the citation to agree to appear in court. He gave her plenty of warnings and she was daring the cop to tase her and using her age as a defense. I agree that the tasing was excessive. He could have easily grabbed her by the wrist and forced it behind her back, but then he is at risk of breaking her arm or injuring her by tackling her and using his size. She is also most likely able to be legally armed in Texas, so the cop has to take that into consideration. He made a threat that has bad optics and she forced his hand by calling his bluff. As I recall, the old lady won $45k in a civil suit.

That's insane.
A great big cop was large as an ape yet had to resort to a taser?

The world had gone mad.
A taser can be lethal as it affects the heart.
The charge for that cop should be:
Reckless conduct endangering life.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:44 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:08 am
Texan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 am

You can be dragged out of a car and arrested in America for refusing to cooperate with the police, but to be stopped you have to be suspected of an actual crime. You either have to commit a driving offense in their presence or they need to have a warrant for your arrest based on your car being identified as being owned by a known criminal on the loose. The side of the road is no place to argue with the police. Take it to court.

That being said, what crime was she stopped for? I'm really curious. Do they just randomly stop people and demand their address in Australia for the 5km distance rule? Do they run license plates to determine the address of the owner and then determine the distance to their current location? That makes Orwell's 1984 look desirable. What does owning a phone charger in the car have to do with anything?

In the interest of not being accused of piling on your country, I'll show what it takes for a defenseless little old lady to get tased and arrested in Texas. In the cops defense, he was doing everything he could to keep himself and her out of the lane of traffic. When he pushed her, she was about to walk into traffic. He originally pulled her over for speeding in an occupied road construction zone and she was refusing to sign the citation to agree to appear in court. He gave her plenty of warnings and she was daring the cop to tase her and using her age as a defense. I agree that the tasing was excessive. He could have easily grabbed her by the wrist and forced it behind her back, but then he is at risk of breaking her arm or injuring her by tackling her and using his size. She is also most likely able to be legally armed in Texas, so the cop has to take that into consideration. He made a threat that has bad optics and she forced his hand by calling his bluff. As I recall, the old lady won $45k in a civil suit.

That's insane.
A great big cop was large as an ape yet had to resort to a taser?

The world had gone mad.
A taser can be lethal as it affects the heart.
The charge for that cop should be:
Reckless conduct endangering life.
She sued and won a settlement. I don't know what happened to the cop. So what is so illegal about possessing a charger for your phone in a car? Was the lady pulled over for a moving traffic violation? What happened before the video?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:44 am

She sued and won a settlement. I don't know what happened to the cop. So what is so illegal about possessing a charger for your phone in a car? Was the lady pulled over for a moving traffic violation? What happened before the video?

She's lucky she's not dead.
How many people have died from tasers?
A 72 year old woman would have a delicate heart.
That cop should be in jail.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm

Achtung halt.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 am
Woman dragged out of car:

The poor woman was terrified.
Normal people are not used to being questioned
over a car phone charger and giving out
their name an address when they have committed no offence.

Latest news channel 9.
4 cops arrested her.
She was dragged out of the car by her legs.
While face down on the ground -
one stuck his knee into her back and she couldn't breathe
as they put handcuffs on her.

The police have lost the good will they need with the public to do their job.
I dont drive, but it looks to me as though the woman is in the driver's seat... Do other Aussies agree?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm
Bobby wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Latest news channel 9.
4 cops arrested her.

I dont drive, but it looks to me as though the woman is in the driver's seat... Do other Aussies agree?

Yes - she's the driver:

More

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:05 pm

She refused to give the cops her name and she refused to get out of the car. She had her phone charging on the windscreen which is an offence.

Sorry no sympathy. If you commit a crime and then refuse to co-operate with police because you crave 15 minutes of YouTube fame tough luck for you.

She should have co-operated and just copped a fine. She's in the wrong.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:05 pm
She refused to give the cops her name and she refused to get out of the car. She had her phone charging on the windscreen which is an offence.

Sorry no sympathy. If you commit a crime and then refuse to co-operate with police because you crave 15 minutes of YouTube fame tough luck for you.

She did seem a little bit immature - that's all.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:09 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:05 pm

She did seem a little bit immature - that's all.
Bobby she was resisting the police and was in no danger nor was she wrongfully pulled over. Personally I hope she is charged.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:39 pm
Bobby wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Latest news channel 9.
4 cops arrested her.

Yes - she's the driver:

More

And do you understand that she broke the law when she refused a police request to state her address and that she further provoked the situation by refusing to get out of the car after she was told she is under arrest... and then resisting arrest.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."