Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:32 am

Latest news ABC 24

Victoria 43 cases 9 deaths

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 am

A vaccine?

No wonder master Light called me brave.
I'll be the first person to line up for ANY vaccine -
risking death from any side effect -
if I die I'll be remembered as a hero -
who risked his life for everyone else -
how could I ask for more?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm

I'll dedicate a forum to you 8-)

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm
I'll dedicate a forum to you 8-)

Thanks BO but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:03 am

Latest news ABC 24

Victoria only 37 cases and 6 deaths.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am

Speaking of vaccines, I have a question. Our CDC is telling us that people who have had the Bat Flu are immune for at least 3 months and maybe longer. How can they design a vaccine that will last longer than my natural immunity? Is there something in the vaccine that can make my natural immunity last longer? I'm not a medical type person, so I have these questions. I'm not inclined to take a vaccine when it first goes public, since I am already immune and may still be when the vaccine comes out.

How are Australians providing for themselves when they are forced to stay home for 6 months? What percentage of workers are deemed essential and allowed to work? How do you pay your bills and feed your families if you are not allowed to work? Is your federal government printing money to cover you? Are you seeing inflation yet? At what point will you be allowed to travel your own country? Are there plans for opening up the economy?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 am

Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am
Speaking of vaccines, I have a question. Our CDC is telling us that people who have had the Bat Flu are immune for at least 3 months and maybe longer. How can they design a vaccine that will last longer than my natural immunity? Is there something in the vaccine that can make my natural immunity last longer? I'm not a medical type person, so I have these questions. I'm not inclined to take a vaccine when it first goes public, since I am already immune and may still be when the vaccine comes out.

How are Australians providing for themselves when they are forced to stay home for 6 months? What percentage of workers are deemed essential and allowed to work? How do you pay your bills and feed your families if you are not allowed to work? Is your federal government printing money to cover you? Are you seeing inflation yet? At what point will you be allowed to travel your own country? Are there plans for opening up the economy?

Get the vaccine when you can.
There are already different strains of Coronavirus so you may not be protected without the vaccine.

There are some Govt. handouts for people who have lost their jobs like me but
I haven't applied for any - too many strings attached.
There is inflation -
supermarket prices for meat and vegetables have gone up by double in some cases.

We can't leave Australia and we can't travel more than 5km = 3 miles from home in Victoria, Melbourne where I am.
I don't know when it will end and cops are everywhere handing out $1,620 fines
for anyone further than 5km from home or out after 8pm at night.
The cops also put handcuffs on people who aren't resisting and tackle them to the ground
followed by a good beating.
The cops are ruthless thugs who like beating people up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGRi2GusCI

Even if it does end -
the infection numbers will rise and a new lockdown will start -
that is what happened last time the laws were relaxed.

Wait for this to happen where you live.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:17 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 am
Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am

There are already different strains of Coronavirus so you may not be protected without the vaccine.

There are some Govt. handouts for people who have lost their jobs like me but
I haven't applied for any - too many strings attached.
There is inflation -
supermarket prices for meat and vegetables have gone up by double in some cases.

We can't leave Australia and we can't travel more than 5km = 3 miles from home in Victoria, Melbourne where I am.
I don't know when it will end and cops are everywhere handing out $1,620 fines
for anyone further than 5km from home or out after 8pm at night.
The cops also put handcuffs on people who aren't resisting and tackle them to the ground
followed by a good beating.
The cops are ruthless thugs who like beating people up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGRi2GusCI

Even if it does end -
the infection numbers will rise and a new lockdown will start -
that is what happened last time the laws were relaxed.

Wait for this to happen where you live.
I don't think it will happen here. At least not as long as Trump is in the White House or I still live in Texas. Much to the disagreement of blm or antifa, the vast majority of our cops are just doing their jobs. Besides, our people wouldn't put up with police beatings. My grocery store is more than 5 km away. Lock downs here are under the authority of the state governments. The federal government only puts out guidelines and recommendations for the states.

As long as I'm paying for my own healthcare, how I behave is my business. If you want to wear a mask and hide in your basement to prevent from getting sick, that's your right. I obey the law, but feel that protecting my family is my responsibility. I have made a point to concentrate my personal efforts on protecting the vulnerable in my family. It has worked out pretty well. We do all we can to protect our elderly. I help them shop and help with home repairs to prevent strangers from going into their home. We have limited being around them from the beginning, but they have told us that they would rather take their chances and see their grandkids. Since my family has recently had it and are much less likely to spread it, we have been visiting them lately as long as we are all healthy.
Last edited by Texan on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:26 am

Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:17 am

I don't think it will happen here. At least not as long as Trump is in the White House or I still live in Texas. Much to the disagreement of blm or antifa, the vast majority of our cops are just doing their jobs. Besides, our people wouldn't put up with police beatings. My grocery store is more than 5 km away. Lock downs here are under the authority of the state governments. The federal government only puts out guidelines and recommendations for the states.
Here - if your only supermarket is more than 5km away then
you can still drive there legally but you can't take more than 1 hour
and only 1 member of your family may go once per day.

I'm sure the Texas cops will beat people up who aren't resisting too.
Cops are mostly people who got picked on at school so they
feel good when they can beat someone up.
Be prepared for a good hard Covid-19 beating.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 am
That the biggest problem Bobby and the best reason to wait. The vaccine will only provide protection for certain strains (like the flu shots) and will not protect you from every different strain or mutation.