Most affected states for the virus

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: Most affected states for the virus

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 am

Texan wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:16 am
The shut downs are affecting more than physical health. They are affecting financial health also. Tesla is planning on moving operations from California to Texas and Arizona over forced shut downs. I'm sure the high taxes didn't help. Tesla is the last automaker in California.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/california ... -elon-musk
I think Tesla was treated badly. From what I understand CA's manufacturing was allowed to resume except for one county that kept Tesla closed. Then when Musk lashed out a CA DemoCommie tweeted "F**K you" to him on Twitter.

Too bad so sad for commie CA.

I've also read that a lot of Texans aren't keen on Tesla moving there though because the move will bring with it a lot of Dems?

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 am
Texan wrote:
The shut downs are affecting more than physical health. They are affecting financial health also. Tesla is planning on moving operations from California to Texas and Arizona over forced shut downs. I'm sure the high taxes didn't help. Tesla is the last automaker in California.

I think Tesla was treated badly. From what I understand CA's manufacturing was allowed to resume except for one county that kept Tesla closed. Then when Musk lashed out a CA DemoCommie tweeted "F**K you" to him on Twitter.

I've also read that a lot of Texans aren't keen on Tesla moving there though because the move will bring with it a lot of Dems?
I would hope they understand the score considering why they left California.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 11, 2020 10:04 am

Texan wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 am
Texan wrote:

I would hope they understand the score considering why they left California.
I hope they do as well. There is too much division already without it spreading into more stable states.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 11, 2020 5:36 pm

After more rigorous testing in New York the death rate sits at 1.2% which is a lot better than it appears.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat May 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat May 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:49 pm
That's a pretty telling contrast. Texas has even better numbers than Florida. 29M population and about 1250 deaths, and we are open for business.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat May 16, 2020 6:00 pm

I think we all need to start getting back to normal, within reason. My state is opening up and I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat May 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:49 pm
That's a pretty telling contrast. Texas has even better numbers than Florida. 29M population and about 1250 deaths, and we are open for business.

Amazing
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

northofnorth

Post by northofnorth » Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:55 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:48 pm
Watch out some loon will come in and say "Wow the virus even knows which way people vote!" :giggle
Oh come on Cods.
Virus are not intelligent. They don't select on voting preferences.
Diseases more affect the weaker, softer, pigheaded, older, more unhealthy, overweight, stupider people.

A correlation to the democratic states most affected some might say.
something to think about...

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/coro ... e%20income

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun May 17, 2020 12:32 am

New York's higher infection and death rates have 2 causes, in my opinion.

1. NYC is the only place in America where the vast majority of people are dependent on mass transit. NYC subways are a petri dish.

2. Governor Cuomo and mayor Diblasio should have been daily disinfecting subway cars and installing alcohol hand sanitizer dispensers at subway entrances since early March. Governor Cuomo put recovering covid19 patients in nursing homes to recover and spread the carnage to the vulnerable.