Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Texan

Re: Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Texan » Sun May 03, 2020 4:16 am

My Sunday school class is getting together for a range day. Guns and ammo are packed.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there and the dad/mums too.

I told the kids not to worry about buying anything because there really isn't anything I need. They insisted so I said get me some books. Unfortunately most of the bookstores are closed though so we'll have to do it online.

Having said that I called a couple of bookstores yesterday and 1 or 2 were open and said they were PACKED to the rafters. So much for relaxing social distancing laws and expecting people to be sensible.

I have some beautiful flowers though and am having my favourite Mexican for dinner nom nom!

I've made BigP my new helper Mod so thank you to P.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun May 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm

I told the kids not to worry about buying anything because there really isn't anything I need. They insisted so I said get me some books. Unfortunately most of the bookstores are closed though so we'll have to do it online.

Having said that I called a couple of bookstores yesterday and 1 or 2 were open and said they were PACKED to the rafters. So much for relaxing social distancing laws and expecting people to be sensible.

I have some beautiful flowers though and am having my favourite Mexican for dinner nom nom!

What kind of Mod are you, P...? :Hi
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 11, 2020 1:06 am

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

He's a "helper mod"? It sounds like the 4 year old who walks around with a large key ring full of old keys attached to his belt to make himself look important.

Just busting your chops. Congratulations. You'll do well, BigP.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

Texan wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:06 am
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

He's a "helper mod"? It sounds like the 4 year old who walks around with a large key ring full of old keys attached to his belt to make himself look important.

Just busting your chops. Congratulations. You'll do well, BigP.
Hey kid ,give us ya lunch or you are going to cop a detention :f

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 11, 2020 6:23 am

Detention was easy. I just put my head down and slept. I was running 16 miles per day to train for marathons and track and cross country and could always use the rest.

BigP

Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Sun May 17, 2020 11:00 am

I went down the back of my property this morning a shot a few clays, my daughter manned the thrower , fired of 50 rounds got a strike rate of around 70% at the start to around 90% the last 20 clays, It brought out the killer in me lol a great way to chill

BigP

Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Sun May 17, 2020 11:06 am

BigP wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:00 am
I went down the back of my property this morning a shot a few lays my daughter manned the thrower , fired of 50 rounds got a strike rate of around 70% at the start to around 90% the last 20 clays, It brought out the killer in me lol a great way to chill
Duck shooting season starts this coming Saturday , Thought I had better sharpen up on my shooting skills, You do not need a hunting licence to shoot game birds on land that you occupy in NZ. I shoot them off the deck of the house , fire up the bbq, prop the shotgun up against it keep the eyes peeled

BigP

Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Sun May 17, 2020 3:59 pm

I am just in the process of boiling some baby spuds for my dinner, put some water in the pot and put in some salt from a bag I had on the bench as I looked into pot I noticed a piece of mouse shit in the bottom of the pot, I hate that !, I have had a few mice kicking around. On to the second stanza lol

Same bag of salt , had a good look . no mouse shit this time

Black Orchid

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 17, 2020 6:22 pm

P I was reading yesterday that a lot of wealthy Americans and Europeans fled to New Zealand before the total flight lockdowns. They spent millions of dollars on lavish underground bunkers there.

They are apparently being built quickly so that neighbours have no clue about them lol.

Maybe you could toss one in and sell it for millions?