New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Tue May 05, 2020 5:01 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:52 pm
If we go down that road it could have equally been funded by Australia. We did fund Shi Zhengli and Zhou Peng's studies here in bio-weapon research for years.
They were researching AIUI the problems of coronaviri in Bats, Black Orchid. You have evidence that they were engage in bioweapon research? Really? :roll :roll

You have a strange, strange narrative acting in your brain, you realise? :roll
Quit with the personal attacks Brian it only makes you look immature, petty and silly :thumb

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:01 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
If we go down that road it could have equally been funded by Australia. We did fund Shi Zhengli and Zhou Peng's studies here in bio-weapon research for years.
They were researching AIUI the problems of coronaviri in Bats, Black Orchid. You have evidence that they were engage in bioweapon research? Really? :roll :roll

Quit with the personal attacks Brian it only makes you look immature, petty and silly :thumb
Because the truth hurts, Black Orchid? I make the point 'cause there is no other explanation I can find for what you're doing and claiming in your posts. Produce some evidence, not supposition. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Because the truth hurts, Black Orchid? I make the point 'cause there is no other explanation I can find for what you're doing and claiming in your posts. Produce some evidence, not supposition. :roll
Don't push your luck, Brian.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue May 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Don't push your luck, Brian.
Why? Will you ban me? Is it 'cause I ask for evidence? Is it 'cause I refuse to accept suppositions? Is it 'cause I don't make the correct assumptions from poorly worded posts? Is it 'cause I don't toe the party line? I would like some answers, please. Or are my questions too hard for you to accept? :roll

You have decided Red. I find that interesting.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue May 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Dr. Anthony Fauci is an adviser to President Donald Trump and something of an American folk hero for his steady, calm leadership during the pandemic crisis. At least one poll shows that Americans trust Fauci more than Trump on the coronavirus pandemic—and few scientists are portrayed on TV by Brad Pitt.

But just last year, the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the organization led by Dr. Fauci, funded scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and other institutions for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses.

In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million.

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.

SARS-CoV-2 , the virus now causing a global pandemic, is believed to have originated in bats. U.S. intelligence, after originally asserting that the coronavirus had occurred naturally, conceded last month that the pandemic may have originated in a leak from the Wuhan lab. (At this point most scientists say it's possible—but not likely—that the pandemic virus was engineered or manipulated.)

The NIH research consisted of two parts. The first part began in 2014 and involved surveillance of bat coronaviruses, and had a budget of $3.7 million. The program funded Shi Zheng-Li, a virologist at the Wuhan lab, and other researchers to investigate and catalogue bat coronaviruses in the wild. This part of the project was completed in 2019.

A second phase of the project, beginning that year, included additional surveillance work but also gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat coronaviruses could mutate to attack humans. The project was run by EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit research group, under the direction of President Peter Daszak, an expert on disease ecology. NIH canceled the project just this past Friday, April 24th, Politico reported. Daszak did not immediately respond to Newsweek requests for comment.

The project proposal states: "We will use S protein sequence data, infectious clone technology, in vitro and in vivo infection experiments and analysis of receptor binding to test the hypothesis that % divergence thresholds in S protein sequences predict spillover potential."

According to Richard Ebright, an infectious disease expert at Rutgers University, the project description refers to experiments that would enhance the ability of bat coronavirus to infect human cells and laboratory animals using techniques of genetic engineering. In the wake of the pandemic, that is a noteworthy detail.

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backe ... ch-1500741
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Im just waiting for our media to ask our medical experts that question...
"How did that polybasin furin cleavage site PRRA get into covid 19....."
Probably a bit hard for our numbuts to ask....or answer.... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue May 05, 2020 5:54 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 pm
Im just waiting for our media to ask our medical experts that question...
"How did that polybasin furin cleavage site PRRA get into covid 19....."
Probably a bit hard for our numbuts to ask....or answer.... :rofl
Admiral post... Not that I expected less from you...
Not only did you take the time to watch, but cracked a joke that only we can understand... ATM.

:thumb
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 pm

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed May 06, 2020 11:02 am

It was reported yesterday that some Australian military (42) were undergoing testing.
It was reported that they had volunteered....
"It was reported that a human research ethics advocate was surprised that a full
ADF committee was not required to approve the trial....
According to the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, which sets out guidelines for human clinical trials, a full HREC must review any research proposal deemed to be more than low risk. Low-risk research is defined as anything that could cause more than discomfort to participants.
"As soon as you start talking about a drug trial, typically that would go to a full committee," Dr Allen said.
"I'm not surprised about concerns being registered. If somebody had asked me: 'Do I need to go to a committee?' I probably would have said yes."
Dr Allen said without seeing the proposal, there was not enough information to determine whether national guidelines had been breached but said the matter should be "looked at very seriously".
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed May 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Strange how in the US funding for hospitals has increased considerably...
Apparently if someone dies from covid19/or is being treated with covid19....funds increase....
Anyone doubt their numbers...
Anyone....
I wonder whats happening in Australia...… :rofl