New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 2:20 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Matthew 23:14
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Fucked if I know what that means....not sure if Im a scribe or a Pharisee or a hypocrite.....I think Hell
awaits us all....particularly if you eat fkn bats....
Im going for a walk....I can still do that cant I...….. :rofl :rofl :rofl
The pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers. Not everybody had Bibles. Scripture was read publicly. Pharisees were pretty much holier than thou politicians and everything they did was to make themselves look important. They prayed long eloquent prayers to make themselves look good instead of earnestly seeking God. Jesus often called them on their hypocrisy. The pharisees were the group who eventually got the Roman's to crucify Jesus.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon May 04, 2020 3:26 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:12 am

I know a few. I went shooting with my friend Joku and the rest of my Sunday school class just yesterday. I know engineers from all over the world through work. I still have friends going to and from China for their jobs. I haven't kept up with their travels in the last 3-4 months, but Texas Instruments still has a factory running a couple of hundred miles from Wuhan. I have a cousin who retired from the Air Force as a linguist. He speaks very fluent Mandarin Chinese. He was best man in my parent's wedding in 1964.
Good. It means you don't have a case of Sinophobia (unlike some here it seems). I know a few from where I have worked and from friends of friends mainly. However, the question is, what does it matter? They are native to Australia. I don't know any newcomers. Most would have visited China in the last 12 months or so. So, they are isolated from any outbreak in the PRC. This factor seems to pass many by who desire to blame many Chinese on the basis of their "race", rather than on where they have lived (often all their lives). When we use the term "Chinese" remember it is either a nationality, a "race", an ethnicity or even an outlook. Few Chinese living in the west owe much allegiance to the PRC.
I figured that you would have already known that about me. I'm pretty open with sharing my personal life and experiences and political opinions. I don't broadcast personal information, but agree with me or not, I'm usually an open book.
Which is why I believe you. Now, why not answer the questions I have raised about why does it matter if they Chinese?
On a personal level, I don't care where people are from. I do care when evil governments use their citizens as pawns for their government's gain at my expense. At that point, I have no problem with banning Chinese from my country or refusing to do business with them. They can fix their government and I will change my attitude. The same goes for China and Mexico, or anywhere else.
I assume that is those who have Chinese nationality, rather than Chinese who have American nationality? This multiculturalism raises these questions.

As for blaming those of Chinese nationality, is it fair? Afterall, they have little control over what their government does in China. Who are you trying to hurt? The PRC's government or the PRC's people?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 3:40 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:26 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Good. It means you don't have a case of Sinophobia (unlike some here it seems). I know a few from where I have worked and from friends of friends mainly. However, the question is, what does it matter? They are native to Australia. I don't know any newcomers. Most would have visited China in the last 12 months or so. So, they are isolated from any outbreak in the PRC. This factor seems to pass many by who desire to blame many Chinese on the basis of their "race", rather than on where they have lived (often all their lives). When we use the term "Chinese" remember it is either a nationality, a "race", an ethnicity or even an outlook. Few Chinese living in the west owe much allegiance to the PRC.
I figured that you would have already known that about me. I'm pretty open with sharing my personal life and experiences and political opinions. I don't broadcast personal information, but agree with me or not, I'm usually an open book.
Which is why I believe you. Now, why not answer the questions I have raised about why does it matter if they Chinese?
On a personal level, I don't care where people are from. I do care when evil governments use their citizens as pawns for their government's gain at my expense. At that point, I have no problem with banning Chinese from my country or refusing to do business with them. They can fix their government and I will change my attitude. The same goes for China and Mexico, or anywhere else.
I assume that is those who have Chinese nationality, rather than Chinese who have American nationality? This multiculturalism raises these questions.

As for blaming those of Chinese nationality, is it fair? Afterall, they have little control over what their government does in China. Who are you trying to hurt? The PRC's government or the PRC's people?
Is it fair that I put up with the expense and loss of life after China lies to the world and let's its citizens spread this disease. Is it fair that they steal our technology and make it harder to defend our interests? Is it fair that they practice birth tourism to take advantage of our country? Is it fair that their people are used at slave wages to shut down our industries? As long as their people are used against us, I'll discriminate. If their people want access to my country, they can keep their government in check. Until then, screw them. It's either them or us or all of us if we let PRC policies continue.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Mon May 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Is it fair that I put up with the expense and loss of life after China lies to the world and let's its citizens spread this disease. Is it fair that they steal our technology and make it harder to defend our interests? Is it fair that they practice birth tourism to take advantage of our country? Is it fair that their people are used at slave wages to shut down our industries? As long as their people are used against us, I'll discriminate. If their people want access to my country, they can keep their government in check. Until then, screw them. It's either them or us or all of us if we let PRC policies continue.
I tend to agree on that!

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon May 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:40 pm
Is it fair that I put up with the expense and loss of life after China lies to the world and let's its citizens spread this disease.
Is it fair to blame individuals for this or the collective state of the PRC? I think you are like el Presidente' Trump and his minions - overhyping this. Coronavirus was an unknown. It wasn't only Chinese who were spreading it but also Americans/Europeans/Australians. Why blame the Chinese for something beyond their control?
Is it fair that they steal our technology and make it harder to defend our interests?

Again, you're overhyping this. China tends to focus on hitech, rather than low tech biology. Pray tell, how does knowing how to build an iPhone allow you to defend yourself from a virus, Tex? Lets get real please. This is a common complaint from you. It's basically groundless. Before the 16th century, China led the world technologically. After that date, Europe did. After about 1900, the US did. Each country built on the shoulders of the others. It is a silly claim to purport they "stole" technology.
Is it fair that they practice birth tourism to take advantage of our country?

What is "birth tourism"? If your country cannot supply a service then is it their fault they can? ::)
Is it fair that their people are used at slave wages to shut down our industries?

No, that is simple Capitalism, Tex. Industries go where the wages are lowest. If your country cannot match them, why are you surprised that your industries flee to China?
As long as their people are used against us, I'll discriminate.
Do you discriminate because they are Chinese or because they taking advantage of the previous economic situation. You have to ask that question of yourself.
If their people want access to my country, they can keep their government in check. Until then, screw them. It's either them or us or all of us if we let PRC policies continue.
Yeah, well, tell me, what would your reaction be if I was to say that of the US Government, Tex? Would you be hurt? The US Government is guilty of many sins. Sins which I disagree with. How about Australia locks it's borders against your countrymen and women? Would you appreciate that? :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon May 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Redneck wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:53 am
The stats are misleading. There were many millions who had it and never showed symptoms. They weren't included in those calculations. A test in NYC revealed that 21'% of those randomly tested had the antibodies for the China Virus. How much is 21% of NYC alone? Over 2 million?

Don't get me wrong. The deaths are tragic, but your chances of surviving the virus are very good.

I hope so and the Spanish flu disappeared and never came back.
I hope it's the same with this new virus.
One can only hope !

Being an old coot, I ordered one of those fancy forehead thermometers to keep an eye on my wifes an my temperatures.
Its under her collar that you need to be concerned about lol

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 04, 2020 4:42 pm

I think Brian is being paid by the Chinese Image

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:42 pm
Its a long way back , But I may have voted red at the first election that I was eligible ,,,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Its a long way back , But I may have voted red at the first election that I was eligible ,,,
:rofl

My Mother voted for a commie once. Dad told her what to do and how to fill out the ballot papers but she felt sorry for a man no-one was taking 'how to vote' cards from. They all (Lib/Lab etc) had crowds around them except for him and she felt sorry for him so she took one of his 'how to vote' instructions and filled it out on her ballot.

Turned out he was a commie and Dad turned green when she fessed up :lol:

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon May 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm
BigP wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
:rofl

My Mother voted for a commie once. Dad told her what to do and how to fill out the ballot papers but she felt sorry for a man no-one was taking 'how to vote' cards from. They all (Lib/Lab etc) had crowds around them except for him and she felt sorry for him so she took one of his 'how to vote' instructions and filled it out on her ballot.

Turned out he was a commie and Dad turned green when she fessed up :lol:
For the best part people tend to vote in respect to their circumstances, its human nature to do so, a self preservation of sorts, When you start building wealth your perspective changes