New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
brian ross

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by brian ross » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:01 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:56 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:20 am
billy the kid wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am
https://www.ntd.com/the-closing-of-21-m ... 47579.html
Lengthy read....21 million cell phone cancellations in China raises the eyebrows...
Obviously, we will never know just how many people have died in China.....
I saw this morning that just before Wuhan was shut down people fled the city. They didn't go to Beijing or other Chinese cities they went to USA, Australia, UK etc. They were not allowed to fly internally in China but they were allowed to fly internationally en masse.

There is talk that seeing the destruction on their own home soil the CCP wanted to level the playing field by spreading it to the world.

Malicious intent?
Can't prove it, but it sure looks that way. Enough that I'll try very hard to not buy goods made in China.
Same here. Sometimes I get lax and don't check especially when buying a good brand that is known for quality. In future I will be more diligent.

My son just paid over $500 for a quilt cover by Sheridan (crazy!). They have always been a well respected brand but when he took it off for the first time to wash one of the clip thingys came off and tore a hole in the fabric. Made in CHINA!

BigP

Post by BigP » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Texan wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
Lengthy read....21 million cell phone cancellations in China raises the eyebrows...
I saw this morning that just before Wuhan was shut down people fled the city. They didn't go to Beijing or other Chinese cities they went to USA, Australia, UK etc. They were not allowed to fly internally in China but they were allowed to fly internationally en masse.

There is talk that seeing the destruction on their own home soil the CCP wanted to level the playing field by spreading it to the world.

Malicious intent?
Can't prove it, but it sure looks that way. Enough that I'll try very hard to not buy goods made in China.
I would love to be that noble, but there are certain products made in CHI-na that improve the quality of my life at a price that i feel represents good value , But having said that, I am now acutely aware of their bullshit and will certainly look local where possible,,

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:36 pm
Texan wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
billy the kid wrote:

Malicious intent?
Same here. Sometimes I get lax and don't check especially when buying a good brand that is known for quality. In future I will be more diligent.

My son just paid over $500 for a quilt cover by Sheridan (crazy!). They have always been a well respected brand but when he took it off for the first time to wash one of the clip thingys came off and tore a hole in the fabric. Made in CHINA!
Plastic clips? I thought they used buttons.

But, seriously folks, if you want to do the right thing, buy the material and have it made by a professional.
Or, buy Australian cotton or linen and have that turned into bed linen, by a professional.

It is more personal, more creative and you end up with an original piece of bedding.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
billy the kid wrote:

Malicious intent?

But, seriously folks, if you want to do the right thing, buy the material and have it made by a professional.
Or, buy Australian cotton or linen and have that turned into bed linen, by a professional.

It is more personal, more creative and you end up with an original piece of bedding.
Yes plastic clips and I don't control what he buys nor would I try to. I was appalled though.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Gordon wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:25 am
Bobby wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:44 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:30 pm
Things will get better Bobby :thumb
They are already -
with only 1 case out of 2700 tests in Victoria -
it's the best news I've heard in ages.
We've won the war but our economy is in trouble.
If AU and NZ become virus free, we can become a very expensive holiday destination for the ultra rich.
Overseas visitors can jet in and go to a private villa with pool, gym etc then after 2 weeks they're free.

Sure - 2 weeks quarantine in pure luxury - it's a great business model.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 am
The WHO is part of the UN and is responsible for the outbreak.

The WHO had the power to go to the UN and demand
that actions it felt necessary were implemented
or that investigations were put in motion.
All it needed was a vote in the UN.

China needs to be inspected -
an investigation must happen but the UN hasn't even mentioned it.

The WHO deserves nothing, zero.
They are lucky that everyone in it isn't being hanged after 152,000 unnecessary deaths.

https://coronaboard.com/
Never going to happen, Bobby. You really do like making yourself look ridiculous, don't you? :rofl :rofl

An investigation must happen.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:24 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Malicious intent?

Yes plastic clips and I don't control what he buys nor would I try to. I was appalled though.
I don't control my son either, but I do remind him that his decisions have moral consequences.

Aside from that, he should get a refund and in the future, only opt for button closures.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Says the org who failed to declare the pandemic in a timely manner, according to there own definition of same.

Blame them for this BR!