New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm
Just in case... I thought you weren't worried?
It's not that I am not worried but I know several people who have had it and it was very mild. That's not to make light of those who have had a more serious dose but I think the numbers are extremely skewed because of the limited testing and if more people actually could be tested I think they would find huge numbers of people who have already had it.

My son, who lives with me, travels through a high risk area daily for work so rather than find I might need a mask and can't get one I preferred to think ahead.

I think it's pretty inevitable that most of us will get a dose of it before winter is over and I just hope it's a milder dose than everyone is freaking out about.

I am not a panic merchant but I am also not stupid and prefer to be prepared.

Quite frankly, I find the over the top panic everywhere extremely annoying

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:57 pm

It's a stress/ fear response. Panic buying gives people a feeling of control... where their is none.

People will struggle more with waiting game... it will take about 8 months to work its way through the population.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm
Just in case... I thought you weren't worried?
It's not that I am not worried but I know several people who have had it and it was very mild. That's not to make light of those who have had a more serious dose but I think the numbers are extremely skewed because of the limited testing and if more people actually could be tested I think they would find huge numbers of people who have already had it.

My son, who lives with me, travels through a high risk area daily for work so rather than find I might need a mask and can't get one I preferred to think ahead.

I think it's pretty inevitable that most of us will get a dose of it before winter is over and I just hope it's a milder dose than everyone is freaking out about.

I am not a panic merchant but I am also not stupid and prefer to be prepared.

Quite frankly, I find the over the top panic everywhere extremely annoying
There's a big difference between panic and prepared. I'm just as annoyed at the under-preppers as the hoarders.

Imagine this. Both wife and I get it at the same time. Lets say it's a mild case but how will we go shopping do buy food for a 3 and 13 year old?
I have about 2-3 weeks of food, that's it.

And for the record, I'm down to about 15 rolls of the good stuff :)

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:25 pm

BTW everyone, go get a flu shot.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 pm

I have a 20 roll pack.

I'm thinking about a flu shot. I've only ever had one in my life. I am thinking about getting the pneumococcal vaccine at the same time. Might as well go all in.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:23 am

I found TP on the North side of Dallas this morning. I bought 2 12 packs. Its starting to last longer on the shelves.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:26 am

The shut down has started, a lot of companies have already closed their doors, You could have fired a shotgun down the main drag and hit no one , Come Thursday Auckland will be a ghost town,A lot of peeps are going to suffer financial hardship with this shut down, for me personally its not a prob, the govt will pay peeps around $550 a week to stay at home,

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am

My lovely wife just called me from the grocery store. I told her that if anybody coughed on her she should shoot them in self defense. :o

Dallas has a pending shutdown at midnight Monday night. (I know it's already Tuesday there. We are slow.) They still allow people out to get food and medicine or go to work if you have a qualifying critical job.

The only thing I have changed is sanitation habits and social distancing. I don't touch my face in public and clean my hands and face every time I get into my work vehicle and before I return home to my family. I do a military salute instead of handshaking.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:23 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am
My lovely wife just called me from the grocery store. I told her that if anybody coughed on her she should shoot them in self defense. :o

Dallas has a pending shutdown at midnight Monday night. (I know it's already Tuesday there. We are slow.) They still allow people out to get food and medicine or go to work if you have a qualifying critical job.

The only thing I have changed is sanitation habits and social distancing. I don't touch my face in public and clean my hands and face every time I get into my work vehicle and before I return home to my family. I do a military salute instead of handshaking.
Sales of firearms have been brisk in NZ since they announced the shutdown,,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:27 am

Are you planning on going out and shooting the nutters?