New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 am

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 am

My life hasn't changed much. I use hand sanitizer every time I get into my truck and I eat drive thru or take out when I am out working. My customers have upped security and disease prevention. Today, that had a temperature scanner that you had to pass in order to enter the building. They were a pharmaceutical manufacturer. I have always worked alone and I continue to do so. Dine in restaurants have closed and entertainment venues have closed. Many clothing stores have closed, but none of that affects me directly. People are asking me for eggs and I am having to turn them down. My eggs are for my family first. We stay home a lot more. I should have more time to get my home in order. I think I will start with my spare bedroom and start painting a room at a time. I have free labor around the house with my sons home. Almost none of my friends work retail. The teachers are still being paid and trying to teach on line. My SIL is a nurse who does medical studies and is working from home. I feel for the people affected and I hope this ends soon, but I'm feeling pretty fortunate right now.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 am

One of our politicians who tested positive said on the tv last night that she didn't have a fever. She said she had a scratchy throat and an on and off headache for 3 days.

So you don't even have to have a fever and that's wrongly a part of the criteria to be tested. I think many of us have probably already had it and don't even know.

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 am
One of our politicians who tested positive said on the tv last night that she didn't have a fever. She said she had a scratchy throat and an on and off headache for 3 days.

So you don't even have to have a fever and that's wrongly a part of the criteria to be tested. I think many of us have probably already had it and don't even know.
A month ago, my 18 year old had a sore throat and sudden fever. They found throat ulcers. All is clear now. The virus was pretty much unknown to us and our doctor had no way to test it. He confirmed that it was not strep throat or the flu. He missed 3 days of school. Did he have the coronavirus? At the time, he was working at a local restaurant. He could have been exposed to the germs of thousands of people and he could have given whatever he had to thousands of people. I could have already had the virus and not even known it. I am very resistant to diseases and typically get a cold once per year and that's about it. I've had the flu once in the last 30 years. We'll never know.

I do know several people who work in China in Chengdu at times. They work for Texas Instruments. Chengdu is about 450km from Wuhan, but it's not impossible that I gave the virus to my son after picking it up from my business acquaintances.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:18 pm

No we will probably never know. I have a strong constitution too and I don't think I have ever had the flu!

I did have a cough for a few weeks though and that was followed by an on and off weird sort of headache which I still have. I should add that I NEVER get headaches. So I have to wonder?

I'm not going to waste a test kit but I would like to see us tested eventually for antibodies to get a more realistic count on just how many of us have actually been infected.

I live in an area which is a hot spot for it in Sydney and my son travels to work daily through the area on different modes of transport. He is driving now but only since yesterday.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Chinese laboratories identified a mystery virus as a highly infectious new pathogen by late December last year, but they were ordered to stop tests, destroy samples and suppress the news, a Chinese media outlet has revealed.

A regional health official in Wuhan, centre of the outbreak, demanded the destruction of the lab samples that established the cause of unexplained viral pneumonia on January 1. China did not acknowledge there was human-to-human transmission until more than three weeks later.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chin ... -rz055qjnj
FLASHBACK Jan. 14: WHO Tells Everyone Don’t Worry Because China Says Coronavirus Isn’t Contagious.

The World Health Organization (WHO) tried to cam fears of a pandemic on Jan. 14 by repeating China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/18/flas ... ontagious/

China has a LOT to answer for!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:33 pm

FYI
For those who have high blood pressure and are taking perindopril, doctors advise that
about 10% of patients can develop a cough as a side effect...
Ive had cough on and off for 12 months....doesn't bother me, but I do always practise
courteous hygiene….
Other medications may have the same side effect...
Some people may have a cough for many reasons, but because of the hysteria, think they
have covid 19....
Just sayin....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:39 pm

I don't have high blood pressure and I don't take any medication that causes a cough. 8-)

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Just to add to the joy China is apparently blessing us with something else. The regime that just keeps on giving! :roll:
As the deadly coronavirus continues to spread, an outbreak of a "highly pathogenic" H5N1 bird flu has been reported in China's Hunan province.

According to China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, the outbreak occurred on a farm in the Shuangqing district of Shaoyang City.

The city is a six-hour drive from Wuhan, the centre of the deadly Coronavirus.

"The farm has 7850 chickens, and 4500 of the chickens have died from the contagion. Local authorities have culled 17,828 poultry after the outbreak," the ministry said in a statement on Saturday.

No human cases of the virus have been reported, reported the South China Morning Post.

H5N1 also known as the bird flu and avian influenza is highly infectious in birds.

According to the World Health Organisation, however, it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person.

When the infection spreads, the mortality rate is about 60 percent.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... vince.html

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:33 pm
Just to add to the joy China is apparently blessing us with something else. The regime that just keeps on giving! :roll:
As the deadly coronavirus continues to spread, an outbreak of a "highly pathogenic" H5N1 bird flu has been reported in China's Hunan province.

According to China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, the outbreak occurred on a farm in the Shuangqing district of Shaoyang City.

The city is a six-hour drive from Wuhan, the centre of the deadly Coronavirus.

"The farm has 7850 chickens, and 4500 of the chickens have died from the contagion. Local authorities have culled 17,828 poultry after the outbreak," the ministry said in a statement on Saturday.

No human cases of the virus have been reported, reported the South China Morning Post.

H5N1 also known as the bird flu and avian influenza is highly infectious in birds.

According to the World Health Organisation, however, it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person.

When the infection spreads, the mortality rate is about 60 percent.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... vince.html
Time for a trade war. Let's quit hiring them to build our crap. I'd gladly let an ally like Canada or Australia build our stuff. It won't be as cheap as slave labor China can do, but it won't threaten national or world security and our allies will benefit. Of course, I'd like to do as much as possible in the US first. They can educate their own students and build their own technology.