New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Texan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:07 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:49 pm
Texan wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:55 am
Bobby wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Wow.

On Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian tweeted that the U.S. military might have brought the coronavirus to Wuhan.

“The Chinese military portal Xilu.com recently published an article baselessly claiming that the virus is
‘a biochemical weapon produced by the U.S. to target China,’" Rubio said.
I think it's time for a trade war.
Really? And where are you going to get all the stuff that is or was manufactured in China, Tex? I thought el Presidente' had just end one? :roll
We can make it here, and we will fare better than the Chinese. They need our money and they would no longer be able to steal our technology.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Yup! Stupid question, Brian, and I hope Australia takes heed. It's ridiculous for us to be dependent on China for pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:23 pm
Yup! Stupid question, Brian, and I hope Australia takes heed. It's ridiculous for us to be dependent on China for pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
Couldn't agree more. Who said we were dependent on them for those things, Black Orchid? The Bolter? Or was it A Current Affair? 60 Seconds? Must have been one of them, right? Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Who would have thought it, hey? :roll :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:10 pm

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14232

March 14 2020 - 4:51PM

New Zealand enforces mandatory quarantine

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced the "toughest border restrictions of any country in the world",
enforcing mandatory self-isolation on international arrivals, including Kiwi citizens.
After an emergency Cabinet meeting on Saturday afternoon, Ms Ardern declared the unprecedented measure to fight the growing spread of the coronavirus.

"We do not take these decisions lightly," she said.

"We have two choices as a nation.

"One is to let COVID-19 roll on. The other is to go hard on measures to stamp it out. It is in our power to slow it down.

"That's why we must go hard, and go early, and do everything we can to protect New Zealanders' health."

The decision effectively kills the country's tourism sector and will deliver a hammer blow to the economy.

But given the global pandemic, unprecedented in modern times, the restriction was met with support from the opposition National party.

"It's good to see coronavirus being treated with more seriousness and urgency for the good of our country," National leader Simon Bridges said on Twitter.

The measure will take effect as of midnight Sunday, and apply to every arrival except from Pacific countries - a region that is largely devoid of COVID-19 cases.

There are also exemptions for cargo ships, marine and air crew to allow the free passage of goods in and out of New Zealand.

A ban on foreign travellers from mainland China and Iran will be maintained.

The mass quarantine protocol will be reviewed after 16 days.

Ms Ardern has also placed a ban on foreign cruise ships docking at New Zealand ports until the end of June.

And next week, the government will announce a directive on public gatherings, expected to be similar to the Australian government's ban on

Self Isolation:
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/dis ... -isolation

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:10 pm
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14232

March 14 2020 - 4:51PM

New Zealand enforces mandatory quarantine

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced the "toughest border restrictions of any country in the world",
enforcing mandatory self-isolation on international arrivals, including Kiwi citizens.
After an emergency Cabinet meeting on Saturday afternoon, Ms Ardern declared the unprecedented measure to fight the growing spread of the coronavirus.

"We do not take these decisions lightly," she said.

"We have two choices as a nation.

"One is to let COVID-19 roll on. The other is to go hard on measures to stamp it out. It is in our power to slow it down.

"That's why we must go hard, and go early, and do everything we can to protect New Zealanders' health."

The decision effectively kills the country's tourism sector and will deliver a hammer blow to the economy.

But given the global pandemic, unprecedented in modern times, the restriction was met with support from the opposition National party.

"It's good to see coronavirus being treated with more seriousness and urgency for the good of our country," National leader Simon Bridges said on Twitter.

The measure will take effect as of midnight Sunday, and apply to every arrival except from Pacific countries - a region that is largely devoid of COVID-19 cases.

There are also exemptions for cargo ships, marine and air crew to allow the free passage of goods in and out of New Zealand.

A ban on foreign travellers from mainland China and Iran will be maintained.

The mass quarantine protocol will be reviewed after 16 days.

Ms Ardern has also placed a ban on foreign cruise ships docking at New Zealand ports until the end of June.

And next week, the government will announce a directive on public gatherings, expected to be similar to the Australian government's ban on

Self Isolation:
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/dis ... -isolation

""New Zealand enforces mandatory quarantine""

Interestingly enough the first I heard about it was on the BBC international news service,,

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Interested to see if horse racing/trots/dogs goes ahead this week in Australia..
Rumour has it theyre going to close it all down.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:03 pm

I've been a little out of the news cycle this week, but from what I gather:

any county with a confirmed case of Caronavirus is not allowed to host gatherings of more than 250 people. I'm not sure what exemptions are given. Many schools are extending the traditional 1 week of Spring Break. My son is getting a second week off. Had I known, I would have made him help me paint his brother's house. It builds character, you know.

Our church is going to try an online format. I'm not sure how that's going to work. Essential people will conduct the service, but people will be logging in to watch. I don't have a good feeling about this, but there are a lot of elderly in the church and their attendance would put them at risk. The social gathering aspect to interact with friends and do Bible study will suffer. I suspect that the church will suffer financially as fewer people will support it.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Well done with the house, Tex. Here it is non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people are banned but that could change.

There are people calling for everything to be shut down. Public transport, supermarkets, malls, restaurants, hotels etc.
Israel will shut malls, hotels and restaurants in a partial shutdown of its economy from Sunday and use anti-terrorism tracking technology to minimise the risk of coronavirus transmission.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14264
The King of Prussia Mall, the largest mall on the East Coast and second-largest in the country, is closed Saturday amid concerns about the rapidly spreading coronavirus.

A message posted to the website of owner Simon Property Group Saturday acknowledged Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf’s recommendation that all non-essential retail close in Montgomery County, and said “we expect that all non-essential tenants of King of Prussia adhere to and comply with Gov. Wolf’s recommendation effective immediately.”

A representative who answered the mall’s customer service line Saturday evening confirmed “the entire mall has closed its doors.”
https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nw ... story.html

I hope they hold off being hysterical here until I do my shopping.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm

All people coming to Australia will be required, will be required, I stress, to self isolate for 14 days. This is very important. "

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-15/ ... s/12056788

The Prime Minister has introduced measures similar to New Zealand when it comes to overseas arrivals.

"The national cabinet today and we resolved to do the following things - to help stay ahead of this curve, we will impose ahead of this curve, we will impose a universal propose in self isolation requirement on all arrivals to Australia and is effective from midnight tonight."

"The Australian Government will also abandon cruise ships from foreign ports from arriving to Australian ports from arriving to Australian ports for an initial 30 days and that will go forward on a rolling basis.

"The national Cabinet also endorses the advice of the HP PC today to introduce social distancing measures.

"I just want to be clear about the travel restrictions I have just announced. All people coming to Australia will be required, will be required, I stress, to self isolate for 14 days. This is very important. "

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 pm

How do they plan on enforcing it?