New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am
The virus will decimate the elderly populations and those with poorly managed chronic conditions.
No point being a drama Queen Bob... rather, get your affairs in order and hope for the best.

Yes - I will mostly likely die from this new virus.
The estimate is 45 million people dead as a minimum.

45 million people dead refers to a 1% death rate
from 7.5 billion people with a 60% rate of
them contracting the virus.

A 3.4% death rate equals 153 million people dead.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:49 pm

Bobby if you are in otherwise good health, don't have pre-existing respiratory/heart problems and take the necessary precautions it's unlikely that you will die.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:49 pm
Bobby if you are in otherwise good health, don't have pre-existing respiratory/heart problems and take the necessary precautions it's unlikely that you will die.
But what if I do have things wrong with me?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:20 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Well you work so you can't be too incapacitated. Just take the commonsense hygienic precautions that are advocated and don't panic.

The vast majority of cases are very mild.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:20 pm
Bobby wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Well you work so you can't be too incapacitated. Just take the commonsense hygienic precautions that are advocated and don't panic.

I hope so - we'll see.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:39 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:20 pm
Bobby wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

I hope so - we'll see.
You'll be ok Bobby. Just be sensible about it. That's all we can do. :buddy

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:09 pm

It's an escaped Bio Weapon.

The smoking gun has been found.
Read between the lines:

lab safety is a “national security” issue.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy- ... rom-a-lab/

At an emergency meeting in Beijing held last Friday, Chinese leader Xi Jinping spoke about the need to contain the coronavirus and set up a system to prevent similar epidemics in the future.

A national system to control biosecurity risks must be put in place
“to protect the people’s health,” Xi said,
because lab safety is a “national security” issue.

Xi didn’t actually admit that the coronavirus now devastating large swaths of China had escaped from one of the country’s bioresearch labs. But the very next day, evidence emerged suggesting that this is exactly what happened, as the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology released a new directive titled: “Instructions on strengthening biosecurity management in microbiology labs that handle advanced viruses like the novel coronavirus.”

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Trump today made an executive order to end medical supply chain reliance on China.
11 Mar 2020 ~ By Christian Datoc
White House Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro confirmed Wednesday the administration is working on an executive order to eliminate the government’s reliance on foreign-made medical supplies.

The “Buy American” order comes on the heels of concerns expressed by senators during their Tuesday meeting with President Donald Trump on Capitol Hill.

~snip~
The order would prevent federal agencies from purchasing medical supplies, including face masks, gloves and ventilators, from China.

~snip~
China has prevented the export of surgical face masks, severely limiting supplies in the U.S. and countries around the world.
“China has managed to dominate all aspects of the supply chain using the same unfair trade practices that it has used to dominate other sectors — cheap sweatshop labor, lax environmental regulations and massive government subsidies,” Navarro told New York Times. “As President Trump has said, what we need to do is bring those jobs home so that we can protect the public health and the economic and national security of the country.”

He added that the EO would cover more than 400 “essential medicines” that “satisfy the priority health care needs of the population.” Additional products targeted in the order include “medical countermeasures” made to protect against chemical and biological threats, radiation, nuclear fallout and infectious diseases like coronavirus.

“Nothing we do now will impede in any way our ability to get what we need when we need it from foreign sources,” he told CBS.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/whit ... ain-china/

I sincerely hope Australia is smart enough to do the same thing. China can shove their masks and pharmaceuticals. It's insane that we have given over so much life saving manufacturing to the Chinese.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive in Australia!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:09 pm
Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive in Australia!

The son of Jimmy Barnes - David Campbell - was in close contact
with Hanks.
He's being tested now.