New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Texan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm

I told my wife about the TP rioting in Australia and she went and bought a megapack.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm
I told my wife about the TP rioting in Australia and she went and bought a megapack.
I hardly call a few far flung altercations between a few lunatic people, a "riot", Tex. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Texan wrote:
It's definitely been a riot. People fighting and police tasering others. Your wife is wise.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:04 pm
Texan wrote:
It's definitely been a riot. People fighting and police tasering others. Your wife is wise.
Minor scuffle more like. :roll :roll

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:17 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
You had a minor scuffle in Podunk? Tsk tsk!

Here's a thought. If you don't know what you are talking about ... don't talk.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:45 pm

If doctors can't even do the right thing then
what chance does the average fool have of doing the right thing?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... g-patients

'Flabbergasted': Melbourne doctor with coronavirus symptoms continued seeing patients

Victorian health minister says doctor likely caught Covid-19 while in US but had seen 70 patients since returning.

Victorian health authorities are trying to contact about 70 patients of a Melbourne doctor who was diagnosed with coronavirus a week after returning from the US.

The doctor is the state’s 11th case of the novel coronavirus and the state health minister, Jenny Mikakos, said he attended work and treated patients after he was symptomatic.
Patients of sick doctor in Melbourne traced by coronavirus authorities – as it happened
Read more

“I have to say I am flabbergasted that a doctor that has flu-like symptoms has presented to work,” Mikakos said.

“He became unwell with a runny nose on an internal flight from Denver to San Francisco on February 27, US time, then flew to from San Francisco to Melbourne on United Airlines flight UA60, arriving at approximately 9.30am Saturday 29 February.”

The doctor saw approximately 70 patients last week between Monday 2 March and Friday 6 March at the Toorak Clinic on Malvern Road. The clinic has been since closed.

Patients have been contacted by text message, phone or email and two patients the doctor treated in a Malvern nursing home have been isolated.

All patients the doctor saw and all clinic staff have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days. The clinic’s other patients have been asked to monitor their symptoms.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 pm

I read that and it's disgraceful. They said on the news he is the father of some tv 'star'. I think it was him they were talking about lol

On a side note, I have a friend who contracted it in Italy and has been in quarantine for the past 13 days and is now out. He said it was really mild and nothing to worry about and not nearly as bad as the yearly flu.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 pm
I read that and it's disgraceful. They said on the news he is the father of some tv 'star'. I think it was him they were talking about lol

On a side note, I have a friend who contracted it in Italy and has been in quarantine for the past 13 days and is now out. He said it was really mild and nothing to worry about and not nearly as bad as the yearly flu.
Yes - it is disgraceful that a doctor could be so careless.
If someone dies then it raises legal questions.

Yes - for most people the virus will be very mild however for some
they will be in critical condition is as little as 6 days and require intensive care to survive.
Even that is sometimes not enough and
is why there are now over 3,000 deaths.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:00 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:17 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Texan wrote:
You had a minor scuffle in Podunk? Tsk tsk!

Here's a thought. If you don't know what you are talking about ... don't talk.
In Podunk we know how to behave ourselves, Black Orchid. You Easterners are lunatics getting upset about how much dunny paper you need. :roll

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:10 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nario.html

15 MILLION people will die and the global economy will take a $2.3 TRILLION hit from coronavirus in the BEST-CASE scenario, new study predicts

Research by Australian National University lays out a range of virus outcomes
In the worst case, the global death toll could reach a staggering 68million
Some countries' economies could shrink by eight per cent in a global meltdown.

The global death toll from coronavirus could reach as high as 15million even in the best-case pandemic scenario, a new study says.

The research by the Australian National University also found that global GDP could shrink by as much as $2.3trillion even in what they call a 'low-end' pandemic.

In the most disastrous scenario, the death toll could reach a staggering 68million including hundreds of thousands of deaths in Britain and the United States.

In that worst-case pandemic, some countries' economies would shrink by as much as eight per cent in a global meltdown.

The two researchers who published the paper, Warwick McKibbon and Roshen Fernando, warn that 'even a contained outbreak could significantly impact the global economy in the short run'.

In the so-called 'low-severity' case, the death rate in China is estimated at around two per cent and adjusted for other countries.

The global death rate has been drifting higher than that in recent weeks, currently hovering around 3.4 per cent.

In that 'low-end' pandemic, the study estimates that more than 15million people would die within the first year of the outbreak, which started in China last December.

The estimates suggest that India and China would each lose millions of people, with more than 230,000 people killed in the United States.

'These estimated deaths from COVID-19 can be compared to a regular influenza season in the United States, where around 55,000 people die each year,' researchers point out.

Britain - which has only seen one death so far - could expect to see 64,000 fatalities, with 79,000 in Germany and 60,000 in France.