America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: Electoral College

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:01 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:47 pm
Where are these numerous Americans, Brian? Are they under your bed? Because I haven't heard any say that and I'm pretty sure they know better than you do.

You just make stuff up as you go. :roll:
Just listen to what they say, Black Orchid. It might surprise you. :roll :roll
Maybe it's you who should listen! You are always misrepresenting and misinterpreting myself and others for a start. You even tried to chide me for not mentioning old Hills 'popular vote' which I clearly DID! :roll:

I imagine I have spent a LOT more time in America than you have and know many more.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Where are these numerous Americans, Brian? Are they under your bed? Because I haven't heard any say that and I'm pretty sure they know better than you do.

Maybe it's you who should listen! You are always misrepresenting and misinterpreting myself and others for a start. You even tried to chide me for not mentioning old Hills 'popular vote' which I clearly DID! :roll:

I imagine I have spent a LOT more time in America than you have and know many more.
Poor little old you. I listen to what Americans say. You appear deaf. Tsk, tsk. Perhaps it's related to your support of Tory causes/governments? Anyway, Bernie will fix all that. :rofl
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm

I knew it was a waste of time. It always is. :roll:

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm
I knew it was a waste of time. It always is. :roll:
Yes.
Why bother ?
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:11 am

brian ross wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Texan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:19 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 pm
Yes, she did lose in the Electoral College. Just goes to prove that the US is not a democratic country, now doesn't it? It has a gerrymanda against the most populous cities. Tsk, tsk. :roll
Gerrymandered against shithole cities. Our founding fathers were very wise indeed.
Just because you don't live there, and they vote differently to you, doesn't automatically make the cities, "shitholes", Tex. You need to get along with your fellow Americans...
The electoral college and bicameral congress were the results of negotiations between the states. There would be no United States without them. I don't "need" to do anything to get along with cities or states that can't keep order and refuse to allow the federal government to do it's Constitutional duties.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:17 am

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/231363

Hillarious isn't it...….show me the money..... :rofl
AND she wanted to be President..... :rofl
When is this lying, thieving buzzard going to ride off into the sunset....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:11 am
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Yes, she did lose in the Electoral College. Just goes to prove that the US is not a democratic country, now doesn't it? It has a gerrymanda against the most populous cities. Tsk, tsk. :roll
Gerrymandered against shithole cities. Our founding fathers were very wise indeed.
Just because you don't live there, and they vote differently to you, doesn't automatically make the cities, "shitholes", Tex. You need to get along with your fellow Americans...
The electoral college and bicameral congress were the results of negotiations between the states. There would be no United States without them. I don't "need" to do anything to get along with cities or states that can't keep order and refuse to allow the federal government to do it's Constitutional duties.
Which is, Tex?

Seems to me you don't like people who vote Democrat. Your hatred is almost visceral. Why does it matter to you so much?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:32 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Which is, Tex?

California and leftist cities all over the US refuse to cooperate with federal border enforcement authorities. They protect illegal alien criminals from the feds and often turn them loose to prey on the public again. California is providing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and in many cases registering them to vote. At the same time, they are trying to outlaw the confirmation of legal citizen status at voting booths.
How do you think Hillary won the popular vote?

Seems to me you don't like people who vote Democrat. Your hatred is almost visceral. Why does it matter to you so much?
You sure can tell a lot about a person's temperament from an internet forum. :roll: I never said that I don't like anybody based on their politics. I have a leftist aunt on my Mom's side from San Francisco whom I love dearly. She took great care of my uncle until he died recently and I'll never forget it. My Dad's brother has lived near San Francisco for 40 years and is now a California leftist. He worked hard and isn't depending on anybody for anything and I love him and respect him as a person. I'm sure the feeling is mutual and he knows my politics. We choose to ignore politics when we see each other and it works pretty well.

Just because I disagree with someones politics and want the polar opposite doesn't mean that I hate them. It only means that I don't agree with them and I feel no obligation to shut up or bow to their beliefs. Speaking in general, I resent being forced to take care of people who are too irresponsible to take care of themselves even though they would otherwise be able to do so. Government services should be for everybody (as in public roads, mail service, military, police, firefighting and EMT services, etc....) or specific services (welfare, etc....) should be strictly for the disabled. If government didn't take my money to give to the lazy I'd be more likely to give to the poor. Homeless people (or pretending to be) approaching people and begging or demanding money at big intersections in cities is far too common. I started with nothing and worked hard and I expect that of everybody.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:04 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Poor little old you. I listen to what Americans say. You appear deaf. Tsk, tsk. Perhaps it's related to your support of Tory causes/governments? Anyway, Bernie will fix all that. :rofl
Don't be so certain he will win, lest you end up like 'leftwinger supreme'. He hasn't been back since the "Tories" won our election, here. :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:32 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Which is, Tex?

No mirrors in your house, Brian?