Why the world is rooted.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
billy the kid

Re: Why the world is rooted.

Post by billy the kid » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 pm

How poor is the Australian economy?
It would seem pretty obvious that, due to the corona virus and its impact on the Australian
economy that we are extremely dependant on China to spend their money on anything and
everything in Australia.
I don't need to rant on about the hit we are going to take because of the virus.
Its been in the media for some days now..even Chinese restaurants are losing trade etc etc.
What brings me to this post is an article I just read regarding the availability of an animal
called a "withholding variation application"
If we visit the ATO website, we can, if we want to, make an application to vary the tax taken out of our
fortnightly pay packets.
Obviously, we would have to accurately calculate that by the end of the tax year, we are entitled
to a sizeable refund. Instead of waiting for the refund in a lump sum, we can apply to the ATO
for the refund in advance in the form of reduced tax in our pay packets.
EG If you calculate that by the end of the tax year, you are entitled to get two grand back,
you then fill the form in, submit it electronically, and bingo, you get the two grand back
in your pay packet, split up over the rest of the tax year.
If done say in December, this would give you about $150 extra every fortnight over the 13
pay periods remaining. The trap of course is, your maths have to be spot on, otherwise you
pay underpay your tax and this means you get a bill....shock horror..
Human nature being as it is, how many will avail themselves of this wonderful invention.
Im just wondering how long this has been around.
Has it existed for decades, or is it just another grubberment attempt to stimulate
a failing economy....
I think us peasants are being played for suckers.....
But that's nothing new in a world that's rooted...... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:16 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/bei ... -proactive

Fiscal stimulus or fiscal austerity......if theres no fiscal stimulus... China is rooted.....
How does this effect Australia/the world ...…..the answers a pineapple...….. :shock: :shock: :shock:
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:40 pm

I see Holden is folding up their tents in Australia, with job losses of 600+
I know we've read about plants being closed for a few years now but this is the latest...
Someone tell me that the economy is going gangbusters please...
Is that word that starts with an "r"... recession...or is it rooted....pretty much means
the same doesn't it....
The retail industry is rooted...experts have been saying for a year or three that a worldwide
reset would make the GFC look like a teddy bears picnic....
The corona virus may well be the elephant in the room...or the canary in the mine shaft....or whatever...
The talking heads are telling us that tourism in Australia is going to take a hit due to the virus....
They are also trying to convince us that the real estate markets are on the up....
And we await with bated breath as to whether the muppett Lowe will reduce interest rates again in a fortnight...
And some morons want to put up the compulsory superannuation levy....gimme a break please....
Japan is already in a recession...
China owes trillions...
The USA owes trillions....
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... hina-virus
Batten down the hatches folks....the shit storm is upon us....

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:05 pm

They blame the retail industry being rooted because people shop online, and often from overseas. It would help if Australian companies had a better selection of whatever, because across the board I find them useless and end up going to Amazon or Ebay because it's either cheaper, or it has what I wanted, which Aussie businesses don't.

How did that fix that? The grubberment applies a tax for overseas sales. And despite this, they still end up being cheaper than Aussie businesses, for the most part. It hasn't fixed anything, or boosted our economy. All it has done is line the pockets of these grubby twits. Similar to the carbon tax, money out of thin air. That's all these filthy governments are interested in.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:16 pm
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/bei ... -proactive

Fiscal stimulus or fiscal austerity......if theres no fiscal stimulus... China is rooted.....
How does this effect Australia/the world ...…..the answers a pineapple...….. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The government (or those individuals within gov) which allowed us to suck on China's teat and made us vulnerable to this BS needs to be hunted down and shot. It's always bothered me that whatever BS happens in the world, it effects the Australian economy, like the butterfly effect. I don't understand why each country can't just has their own economy, where everything is owned locally. Alas, we have intellectually incapacitated morons running our country.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:05 pm
They blame the retail industry being rooted because people shop online, and often from overseas. It would help if Australian companies had a better selection of whatever, because across the board I find them useless and end up going to Amazon or Ebay because it's either cheaper, or it has what I wanted, which Aussie businesses don't.

How did that fix that? The grubberment applies a tax for overseas sales. And despite this, they still end up being cheaper than Aussie businesses, for the most part. It hasn't fixed anything, or boosted our economy. All it has done is line the pockets of these grubby twits. Similar to the carbon tax, money out of thin air. That's all these filthy governments are interested in.
I won't deny I shop overseas as well. I used to buy my Nikes from US Amazon for $35 and prior to that I was paying $200 for the same shoes here. That's a massive difference.

Then the government stepped in and tried to tax everything on Ebay and prohibit us buying from Amazon. Aussie Amazon is a joke.

I shop online from Aussie stores too so no I don't feel guilty about buying from the US. Now I will just get them sent to a friend who will then send them on to me.

I really resent how much more we have to pay for EVERYTHING compared to the US.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm
Then the government stepped in and tried to tax everything on Ebay and prohibit us buying from Amazon. Aussie Amazon is a joke.
Which is ironic, considering they are happy to sell us out to every foreign investor under the sun. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Current ad for this week from Arnolds. I wish I could buy food there too lol

Just one comparison ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 pm

The Reboot wrote:

Actually, the GST which the Australian grubberment imposes on goods bought from an overseas source through eBay
is an illegal tax.
The law of Contract in Australia specifies that the location of the goods constitutes the point where a contract is
made. Therefore if you chose to buy a car for example which is located in Broken Hill and you live
in Sydney, the contract is deemed to be formed in Broken Hill. You may telephone the seller, talk to him on skype..
have a friend who lives there test drive the vehicle before buying...whatever...the point where the goods are
located is where the contract is formed.
Therefore, if you buy goods on eBay from say Germany, the point where the contract is formed is Germany.
Australian GST law does not apply.
In any case GST may have been added in the country of sale by the seller.
We may in fact be paying two taxes...ripped off again....
If the tax was an import tax..definitely legal..but its not.....
I wrote to several politicians when this law was introduced...needless to say I received no replies whatsoever...

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:20 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 pm
The Reboot wrote:

Actually, the GST which the Australian grubberment imposes on goods bought from an overseas source through eBay
is an illegal tax.
The law of Contract in Australia specifies that the location of the goods constitutes the point where a contract is
made. Therefore if you chose to buy a car for example which is located in Broken Hill and you live
in Sydney, the contract is deemed to be formed in Broken Hill. You may telephone the seller, talk to him on skype..
have a friend who lives there test drive the vehicle before buying...whatever...the point where the goods are
located is where the contract is formed.
Therefore, if you buy goods on eBay from say Germany, the point where the contract is formed is Germany.
Australian GST law does not apply.
In any case GST may have been added in the country of sale by the seller.
We may in fact be paying two taxes...ripped off again....
If the tax was an import tax..definitely legal..but its not.....
I wrote to several politicians when this law was introduced...needless to say I received no replies whatsoever...
Aha! I wondered about this. My late mother loved online shopping, and needless to say she was spewing when the taxation was brought in.

I said to her, "how can the Australian government tax something that is sold out of the country?"

It's bullshit. But as usual, the apathetic majority won't question it. They'll just take it up the arse and continue to be rorted by them. Which means the unconventional minority has to take it up the arse too. :roll: I wish I could go to a remote island and form my own country.