Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
brian ross

Re: Climate Change

Post by brian ross » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Bogan wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm
Because every time I post up an opinion by anyone who is not a climate scientist, you reflexively bark that they are not climate scientists. Of course, when you do it yourself, you refuse to even acknowledge it.

Yet another double standard.
No, a realistic one. The people who you put up, well, most of them represent the lunatic side of the "debate". The people I put up, represent the sensible side, Bogan. Learn to live with it. :roll :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:17 pm

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/que ... eas/530908

Queensland storms and showers bring more much needed rain to drought-affected areas

Friday January 17, 2020 - 18:51 EDT
ABC licensed image
Rain north-east of Chinchilla had empty dams overflowing in a few short hours. - ABC licensed

Widespread showers and storms have dumped more than 100 millimetres across parts of drought-stricken Queensland with severe thunderstorms continuing to sweep across large parts of the state.

The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) said in its alert at 4:27pm that severe thunderstorms are rumbling over central and northern Queensland, with heavy rain over the state's south-east inland.

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/bom ... ars/530911

BOM says more rain on way for Sydney as country creek flows for first time in five years

By Lydia Feng and Amelia Bernasconi, Friday January 17, 2020 - 17:51 EDT

Water has flowed through a creek in drought-ravaged northern New South Wales for the first time in five years with more heavy rain and thunderstorms expected to hit the state over the weekend.

Sydney can expect between 20 and 50 millimetres of rain on Saturday and showers on Sunday after the city, and most of NSW, received a welcome soaking over the past two days.

A video caught the moment water flowed through Halls Creek near Bingara in northern NSW for the first time in five years.

"Great to see. It brought a bit of a spark to town," Bingara farmer Robert Kilmore said.

"Everyone in town was driving around to look at it — amazing what rain can do that's for sure."

Nearby Bundarra recorded 105mm in the 24 hours to 9.00am at the town's post office, and Moree recorded 51mm — the town's best falls since March 2017.

Storms are also possible for much of eastern Queensland and may produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that could lead to flash flooding, including large hailstones, in Clermont, Proserpine, Charters Towers, Bowen, Townsville, Moranbah, Collinsville, Hamilton Island and Ayr.

The BOM also issued a separate severe thunderstorm warning at 5:25pm for South-East Queensland, for people in the Southern Downs, Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley council areas.

BOM said 82mm was recorded in an hour at Mt Sylvia, south-east of Toowoomba.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:40 pm

Lots of places got no rain
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:40 pm

Sure but I think the drought has broken for many places.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:40 pm

Sure but I think the drought has broken for many places.
Alleviated

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:48 am

Bobby submitted

Rain north-east of Chinchilla had empty dams overflowing in a few short hours.
"...where the creeks are dry or they're ten feet high and it's always drought or plenty"

The Overlander poem.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:31 pm
Bogan wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm
Because every time I post up an opinion by anyone who is not a climate scientist, you reflexively bark that they are not climate scientists. Of course, when you do it yourself, you refuse to even acknowledge it.

Yet another double standard.
No, a realistic one. The people who you put up, well, most of them represent the lunatic side of the "debate". The people I put up, represent the sensible side, Bogan. Learn to live with it. :roll :roll
"Anybody who I disagree with is an anti-intellectual child. People who express opinions that I agree with are the epitome of high intellectualism, cause I'm just all that with my "Bas" in bullshit. Tsk tsk. :roll: :roll: "

And people wonder why you are "denigrated". :rofl

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:20 pm

.......... Mr Taylor said Australia was responsible for only 1.3 per cent of global emissions and could not have a meaningful impact without co-operation of the largest emitters such as China and the US.

He said Australia had done better than similar countries such as Canada and New Zealand.

Since 2005, Australia’s emissions had fallen 12.9 per cent compared with 2 per cent in Canada and a rise of 4 per cent in New Zealand.

In that time, China’s emissions had risen 67 per cent and India 77 per cent ..............
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... e15f304791

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:51 am

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:03 am