Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
brian ross

Re: Climate Change

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm
So your "records" are the only "real" ones since they are just the ones "recorded" since 1910?
Not my records, Neferti but the Bureau's.
Citing that The Government (or whomever) began recording "temperatures" in 1910, is your argument about Global Warming?
Not mine, Neferti, not mine.
When, in your estimation, is The World going to End because of Global Warming? 2050?
The world will not end, nor will civilisation. It will change by then, without a doubt, partly by human action and partly by nature.
I remember the "greenhouse effect" and the "ozone layer", that was 30 years ago. :rofl
The Ozone Layer is completely a different issue, Neferti. Climate Change is driven by the greenhouse effect.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Briney wrote

What you and most denialists don't acknowledge, Bogan is that the Earth has warmed faster than ever before over the last ~50 years. When you acknowledge that, the question that must be answered is, "why?" The answer usually is man's burning of fossil fuels.
That is a demonstrably untrue statement, Brian. The first accurate thermometer was invented by Daniel Farenheit in 1714, only 300 years ago. Nobody therefore knows how fast the temperatures rose during the Medieval Warm period (1000 years ago), the Roman Warm period (2000 years ago), the Egyptian Warm period (3000 years ago), the Sumerian warm period (4000 years ago), or the Minoan Warm period (5000 years ago.) To say nothing of the thousands of warm periods before that.

Whoever put that bit of laughable propaganda into your receptive head must have thought that everybody is as naive as you are. Turn on your brain and think, Brian.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Neferti wrote

I remember the "greenhouse effect" and the "ozone layer", that was 30 years ago.
Oh yair, the ozone hole. We were all going to die of skin cancer. I forgot that one. Thank you Neferti.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm

z2070.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm

z2071.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Bogan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm
Briney wrote

What you and most denialists don't acknowledge, Bogan is that the Earth has warmed faster than ever before over the last ~50 years. When you acknowledge that, the question that must be answered is, "why?" The answer usually is man's burning of fossil fuels.
That is a demonstrably untrue statement, Brian. The first accurate thermometer was invented by Daniel Farenheit in 1714, only 300 years ago. Nobody therefore knows how fast the temperatures rose during the Medieval Warm period (1000 years ago), the Roman Warm period (2000 years ago), the Egyptian Warm period (3000 years ago), the Sumerian warm period (4000 years ago), or the Minoan Warm period (5000 years ago.) To say nothing of the thousands of warm periods before that.

Whoever put that bit of laughable propaganda into your receptive head must have thought that everybody is as naive as you are. Turn on your brain and think, Brian.
It is possible to measure temperature rises and lowers via tree rings and ice cores, Bogan. Temperature thermometers are old hat. Tsk. tsk. :roll :roll

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Baffle them with bullshit, Brian? All your graphs display is that the earth is warming. I accept that. The reason is because we are in a warming period. But your statement claimed that the temperatures are rising faster thane ever before. That is a demonstrably untrue statement. Nobody can possibly know how fast (within tens or hundreds of years) temperatures rose in preceding 1000 year warming periods.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:44 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm
So your "records" are the only "real" ones since they are just the ones "recorded" since 1910?
Not my records, Neferti but the Bureau's.
Citing that The Government (or whomever) began recording "temperatures" in 1910, is your argument about Global Warming?
Not mine, Neferti, not mine.
When, in your estimation, is The World going to End because of Global Warming? 2050?
The world will not end, nor will civilisation. It will change by then, without a doubt, partly by human action and partly by nature.
I remember the "greenhouse effect" and the "ozone layer", that was 30 years ago. :rofl
The Ozone Layer is completely a different issue, Neferti. Climate Change is driven by the greenhouse effect.
Whatever. :roll Your carbon footprint is much, much larger than mine. How many lights do you turn offl?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 pm
Whatever. :roll Your carbon footprint is much, much larger than mine. How many lights do you turn offl?
Sure of that, Neferti? You don't even know where I live. :rofl

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Bogan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Baffle them with bullshit, Brian? All your graphs display is that the earth is warming. I accept that. The reason is because we are in a warming period. But your statement claimed that the temperatures are rising faster thane ever before. That is a demonstrably untrue statement. Nobody can possibly know how fast (within tens or hundreds of years) temperatures rose in preceding 1000 year warming periods.
No, they show that we are warming much faster than your claims would support, Bogan. :roll :roll