Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
brian ross

Re: Climate Change

Post by brian ross » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Bogan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:19 am
OK Brian.

A member of the government bureaucracy who is a member of the new and growing HIGW "the end is nigh" religious cult wrote an article which the present government sensibly ignored. What is wrong with that, Brian?
Provide a link, Bogan and then I might judge it. I will not judge an article that I have not read. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:42 pm

110 years of Australian Temperatures:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:42 pm

So? What happened BEFORE 1910? I have records that several children of my GGG parents died, during Summer, in Victoria, Australia in 1856, from "heat stroke". My GGrandfather died from "heat stroke" in Victoria, 1936, it is on his DC.

Everybody has aircon these days (at home at work and in the car) .... now we are whining about it being too hot. What a lot of whingers we are becoming. :roll:

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 pm

The planet is in another scheduled warming period, Brian. The only difference between this warming period and thousands which preceded it is that it coincided with the industrialisation of the human race. If the preceding nine warming periods from the present interglacial 10,000 year cycle is a reasonable guide, the planet will warm another 2 degrees before the next scheduled ice age. And that will be serious.

Complaining about climate change and blaming the human race for it, is as stupid as complaining about the changing of the tides. Alarmists seem to be members of a new "the end is nigh" religious cult. Perhaps if you alarmists just keep chanting "Hare Krishna!" then climate change will stop happening. But one thing is certain, us deniers will not let you sacrifice the economies of the western world to placate your Giain God.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Brian should hold his breath instead of warming up where ever he lives. :mrgreen:

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:27 am

z2068.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:28 am

z2069.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm
brian ross wrote:

So? What happened BEFORE 1910? I have records that several children of my GGG parents died, during Summer, in Victoria, Australia in 1856, from "heat stroke". My GGrandfather died from "heat stroke" in Victoria, 1936, it is on his DC.

Everybody has aircon these days (at home at work and in the car) .... now we are whining about it being too hot. What a lot of whingers we are becoming. :roll:
1910 was the year that all the official temperature gauges were standardised, Neferti. Before that date, the temperature gauges were placed in irregular positions and often exposed directly to the sun or shaded by trees/verandahs. This make temperatures before 1910 irregular and not accurate. Also as the temperatures presented were for 110 years, I think it was limited before 1910.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Bogan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 pm
The planet is in another scheduled warming period, Brian. The only difference between this warming period and thousands which preceded it is that it coincided with the industrialisation of the human race. If the preceding nine warming periods from the present interglacial 10,000 year cycle is a reasonable guide, the planet will warm another 2 degrees before the next scheduled ice age. And that will be serious.

Complaining about climate change and blaming the human race for it, is as stupid as complaining about the changing of the tides. Alarmists seem to be members of a new "the end is nigh" religious cult. Perhaps if you alarmists just keep chanting "Hare Krishna!" then climate change will stop happening. But one thing is certain, us deniers will not let you sacrifice the economies of the western world to placate your Giain God.
What you and most denialists don't acknowledge, Bogan is that the Earth has warmed faster than ever before over the last ~50 years. When you acknowledge that, the question that must be answered is, "why?" The answer usually is man's burning of fossil fuels. :roll

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm
brian ross wrote:

1910 was the year that all the official temperature gauges were standardised, Neferti. Before that date, the temperature gauges were placed in irregular positions and often exposed directly to the sun or shaded by trees/verandahs. This make temperatures before 1910 irregular and not accurate. Also as the temperatures presented were for 110 years, I think it was limited before 1910.
So your "records" are the only "real" ones since they are just the ones "recorded" since 1910?

Citing that The Government (or whomever) began recording "temperatures" in 1910, is your argument about Global Warming?

When, in your estimation, is The World going to End because of Global Warming? 2050?

I remember the "greenhouse effect" and the "ozone layer", that was 30 years ago. :rofl

Stop being a fuckwit.