Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:34 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:22 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 pm
I like the term the "Schitt Show". :lol:
Well, that's what he's actually saying -- it's just that he has to clean it up for a family audience! :D
And I'm not particularly politically correct :lol:
This opens up all kinds of possibilities.

shooting the schiff

bullschiff

Cowboy boots are known as schiffkickers.

Get your schiff together.

schiff for brains

schiffhead

Go out on the town and get ""Schiff faced""
And I just heard a Republican senator say that if this continues to the Republican-controlled Senate, Schiff will no longer be in control of the process ... so it won't be "Same Schiff, Different Day."

Nom De Plume

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Trump spins on Ukraine 'server,' says 'I want a trial' after impeachment hearings
President Trump called into Fox & Friends Friday morning, taking shots at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, saying she was treated well in her impeachment hearing because "she's a woman." He also repeated the debunked theory that Ukraine has a single "server" containing the Democratic National Committee emails hacked in 2016. Trump also claimed the southern border wall is now "electrified" so "if anyone touches it," border agents can "get there within minutes," though there is no evidence of this. After complaining that Republicans couldn't call certain witnesses to publicly testify in the House impeachment inquiry, Trump said "I want a trial" on impeachment in the Senate. He suggested a trial would bring the whistleblower forward for questioning.
Source: Fox News, Axios

https://theweek.com/5things/880362/trum ... t-hearings

:b :b :WTF
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 am

The Democrats vain hope to impeach Donald Trump because they can't beat him at the ballot box is coming apart again. For three years, all we have heard from the Dems is "impeach, impeach. impeach".

According to Tucker, their latest ploy has just fallen as flat as all of their previous attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSlX9m1iZ6M

In his testimony, Sonderland has admitted that Trump never ordered him to ask the Ukraine for a 'quid pro quo, just the opposite in fact. This crucial statement was omitted from Sonderland's 23 page opening statement to the inquiry, and was only admitted to under close questioning. After finally admitting that Trump had never told him to ask Ukraine for political favours, Sonderland claimed he just "assumed" that is what President Trump wanted.

Once again, the Dems have lost it. One can only wonder what their next attempt to impeach President Trump will be? Especially after he wins the next election in a landslide. One thing is for sure, the US public is getting sick and tired of the Dems behaviour.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 am

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Trump spins on Ukraine 'server,' says 'I want a trial' after impeachment hearings
President Trump called into Fox & Friends Friday morning, taking shots at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, saying she was treated well in her impeachment hearing because "she's a woman." He also repeated the debunked theory that Ukraine has a single "server" containing the Democratic National Committee emails hacked in 2016. Trump also claimed the southern border wall is now "electrified" so "if anyone touches it," border agents can "get there within minutes," though there is no evidence of this. After complaining that Republicans couldn't call certain witnesses to publicly testify in the House impeachment inquiry, Trump said "I want a trial" on impeachment in the Senate. He suggested a trial would bring the whistleblower forward for questioning.
Source: Fox News, Axios

:b :b :WTF
Trump often speaks informally and imprecisely, and the left is obsessed with trying to fact check every syllable he utters.

But there are worse things a President could do -- and we're now just beginning to find out some of the corruption that occurred under the supposedly squeaky clean Obama administration.

Breaking news this week: "Justice Department officials are saying that a lawyer for the FBI altered a key document that was then used in the application for a FISA warrant to initiate surveillance of the 2016 Trump campaign."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/former-fbi ... veillance/

In other words, we may soon find out if the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign before the 2016 presidential election. How big a deal is that, you ask? Well, the last time anything like that happened was at a place called the Watergate.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm
President Trump called into Fox & Friends Friday morning, taking shots at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, saying she was treated well in her impeachment hearing because "she's a woman."
The claim that Trump said she was treated well in her impeachment hearing because "she's a woman" is neither accurate nor in context. Trump wasn't making that comment for himself; he's quoting someone else there, an unnamed staff member of his administration, as he recounts their conversation about Yovanovitch.

The actual recording of Trump's conversation with Fox & Friends can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNqKhRcpktU

And if you start listening around the 20:20 mark, you'll hear the comment that "... And then the accusation comes in that your ambassador was tarnished by Rudy Giuliani."

Trump says, "... She's an Obama person. I said, 'Why are you being so kind?' 'Well, sir, she's a woman, we have to be nice.'"

He obviously wasn't calling himself "sir."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Trump will get his "Trial" before the Senate. He will either pass or fail their examination. He should be asking "who have I pissed off lately amongst the Republican Senators?" 'cause his fate will hang on how many Senators vote against his supposed "innocence".

Me? I'm prepared to wait to see this whole circus play itself out, for the fat lady to sing and see what the results are. I don't particularly care if Trump loses or wins, 'cause there will be a second chance at the election - which is afterall, the real measure of whether or not the voters believe him.

This is all democracy in action - something el Presidente' Trump doesn't understand. He refuses to understand that the Constitution is supreme and it is an axe being held over his neck, like a Guillotine. He is not above the Law, he is subject to the law, just like every other citizen. :rofl
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:27 am

brian ross wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Trump will get his "Trial" before the Senate. He will either pass or fail their examination. He should be asking "who have I pissed off lately amongst the Republican Senators?" 'cause his fate will hang on how many Senators vote against his supposed "innocence".

Me? I'm prepared to wait to see this whole circus play itself out, for the fat lady to sing and see what the results are. I don't particularly care if Trump loses or wins, 'cause there will be a second chance at the election - which is afterall, the real measure of whether or not the voters believe him.

This is all democracy in action - something el Presidente' Trump doesn't understand. He refuses to understand that the Constitution is supreme and it is an axe being held over his neck, like a Guillotine. He is not above the Law, he is subject to the law, just like every other citizen. :rofl
Brian, Trump has not committed a crime ,he will not be impeached, If this reaches the senate they will tear the Dems a second asshole,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:06 pm

The White House on Sunday informed the House Judiciary Committee it will not participate in Wednesday's impeachment inquiry hearing but did not rule out taking part in future hearings.

The administration in a five-page letter to the committee ripped the process as “highly partisan” and accused the panel's Democratic chairman of providing little information about Wednesday’s hearing.

"We cannot fairly be expected to participate in a hearing while the witnesses are yet to be named and while it remains unclear whether the Judiciary Committee will afford the President a fair process through additional hearings," White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.).

"More importantly, an invitation to an academic discussion with law professors does not begin to provide the President with any semblance of a fair process," Cipollone wrote. "Accordingly, under the current circumstances, we do not intend to participate in your Wednesday hearing."

The committee will hold a hearing on Wednesday titled "The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment." The panel will hear from legal scholars as Democrats weigh whether the evidence turned up in their weeks-long impeachment inquiry warrants the drafting of articles aimed at removing the president from office.

Cipollone in his letter accused Nadler of purposely scheduling the hearing so that it will run concurrently with President Trump’s trip to London for a NATO summit. The president himself accused Democrats of “undercutting our Country” in a tweet noting the overlap.

Nadler also asked Trump in a letter sent Friday to provide notice to the committee by Dec. 6 as to whether he plans to mount a defense. Cipollone on Sunday accused Nadler of creating “the false appearance of providing the President some rudimentary process” by releasing no information about plans for upcoming hearings.

“You have given no information regarding your plans, set arbitrary deadlines, and then demanded a response, all to create the false appearance of providing the President some rudimentary process,” Cipollone wrote.

The White House counsel said the White House “fully reserves the right to respond further” if Nadler releases more information about the committee’s plans for the Dec. 4 hearing and that he would respond separately to the broader question by the deadline of Dec. 6 — this coming Friday.
“It is too late to cure the profound procedural deficiencies that have tainted this entire inquiry,” he wrote. “Nevertheless, if you are serious about conducting a fair process going forward, and in order to protect the rights and privileges of the President, we may consider participating in future Judiciary Committee proceedings if you afford the Administration the ability to do so meaningfully.”

Cipollone also asked Nadler to answer a series of questions in order for the White House to “assess” its “ability to participate in future proceedings.”

Cipollone asked Nadler whether he would allow for fact witnesses to be called — including witnesses requested by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the Intelligence panel's top Republican, that were declined by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) — as well as whether he planned to allow Judiciary panel lawmakers and the president’s attorney to cross-examine witnesses and whether committee Republicans would be allowed to summon their own witnesses.
More at ... https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nt-hearing

The letter ...

https://www.scribd.com/document/4377893 ... from_embed

Democrats were not denied witnesses during Clinton's impeachment hearings and they were given ample notice yet with this farce the Republicans have been denied witnesses and the President has been given just a few days notice which just happens to be at the same time they know he will be out of the country. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm

People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:15 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm
People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
He hasn't refused to attend you dimwit. He will be at the NATO Leaders Meeting in London which was known by ALL for a LONG time or do you think these things are organised overnight on a whim?