Greta Thunberg

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
brian ross

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by brian ross » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:17 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 pm
Now, you got anything to add to the topic or are we going to see further petty snipes from you? Mmmm? :roll
Mirror mirror! :rofl
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:31 am

Oh looky here.

Bwyannnnnnnnnn has found a new emo poster.

He is really expanding his intellectual boundaries now.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 am

Hebe wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:19 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:50 am
Hebe wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Do you people have any idea of how you look expending so much energy against a child who has ideals and the guts to stand up for them? Jesus Christ, get over yourselves. If you feel so strongly, why don’t YOU get out and act, instead of sitting on your arses on the internet insulting a teenager who happens to disagree with you? :roll:
Get out and act? Over WHAT -- the contrived climate change alarmism that people of your ilk swallow like a baby magpie being beak-fed by its mother? No thanks, I'd rather expend my energy over real crises, not subtle attempts to extort billions of dollars in guilt tax from industrialized Western nations like mine.

You disagree? Well, even if you believe in manmade climate change, here's what ought to send your BS-ometer needle into the red:

Total CO2 Emissions (Tons)

China 9.04 billion
United States 5.00 billion

Now guess which country got a 15-year pass on having to curb their CO2 emissions under the Paris climate accord? (Hint: Starts with a C.)

But wait, it gets better! Not only does China -- the world's biggest spewer of CO2 -- not have to reduce their emissions; they also have a free pass to do this:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... e-capacity
China's appetite for coal power returns despite climate pledge

Capacity rose by 42.9GW in 18 months, far outpacing global efforts to cut use of fossil fuel

China’s growing appetite for new coal-fired power stations has outstripped plant closures in the rest of the world since the start of last year, data shows. Elsewhere countries reduced their capacity by 8GW in the 18 months to June because old plants were retired faster than new ones were built. But over the same period China increased its capacity by 42.9GW despite a global move towards cleaner energy sources and a pledge to limit the use of coal.

Meanwhile, for those who actually believe that CO2 is destroying our planet, here's how it is on my side of the pond: "The U.S. has reduced energy-related carbon emissions 14 percent since 2005." Yet the Paris agreement -- which Trump wisely decided to use for toilet paper -- required the U.S. to not only cut its emissions by another 28 percent, but pay $3 billion of our taxpayers' money to a U.N. climate fund.
https://eidclimate.org/eia-u-s-carbon-e ... tural-gas/

All of which brings me back to Greta. I might have some modicum of respect for her if the little Borg Princess were at least consistent in her outrage and intelligent about her target.

Instead, she follows the lefty script to a T, staring daggers at Trump and demanding that the United States assume its "moral responsibility" for combating climate change ... while not even troubling herself to stand on the steps of the Chinese Embassy, let alone take her environmental clown show to China.

So ... if my attitude toward Greta "triggers" you, maybe you should look for a safe space with coloring books and cuddly puppies. I know a left-wing prop when I see one, even when it comes in the form of a self-righteous teenager.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-24/ ... b/11726072
Is that what substitutes for a counterargument in your world?

Sorry, I don't need a homework assignment. What's your point?

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:08 pm

*Yawn*
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Per capita we’re the second largest producer of emissions in the world. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 am

Hebe wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 pm
And many down the list are either third world shite holes or so overpopulated that they are killing the world with ever expanding population growth.

Population growth will destroy the planet before climate change, and is a primary contributor to climate pollution.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 am

Fair enough. I got my info from a Climate Council report mentioned on the news yesterday. But I can’t find it on their website. Are CO2 emissions the only ones we need to be worrying about? Sorry, I’m a bit distracted lately and don’t have the time (or inclination) to spend hours looking all this up.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

Valkie wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 am
Hebe wrote:
And many down the list are either third world shite holes or so overpopulated that they are killing the world with ever expanding population growth.

Population growth will destroy the planet before climate change, and is a primary contributor to climate pollution.
That I do agree with. But what’s the solution? :|

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 am

Hebe wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am
Valkie wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 am
Hebe wrote:

That I do agree with. But what’s the solution? :|
Sodium fluoroacetata, 1080 ?
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.