The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Fred

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Fred » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm

I am sorry to say, I would believe Trump should be impeached. He was elected after interference of Russia in electoral processes tainting his Presidency with an appearance of foreign interests. NOT that is the case just the appearance, especially as he then interferes in the probe into foreign influence.

So what was this question over the issue, that Trump or his team colluded with Russia to influence the election. Right or wrong, if you believe that is a criminal act, or impeachable offence then simply asking foreign power to re-investigate something already investigated onto their political opponents is the exact same thing. The veracity of trying the request to dependence on aid is just prolonging the inevitable(oh, not an impeachment, don’t get me wrong).

But reality is, all this is about using Trump tactics, label opponents with outlandish labels (usually criminal) then spend all the time to convince the people inference is reality. That is why it is simply an investigation not a formal process…

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:43 am
brian ross wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 pm
Texan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 am
brian ross wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 am
So, Trump lied when he said that he'd make Mexico pay for his Wall, Tex? :roll:
With the help of Congress, I think he he would make them pay for it. You can’t fight him the whole way and accuse him of not fulfilling his promises.
You don't think he made a promise that he has failed to keep?

OK, here is a simpler question, how was he going to make Mexico pay for the wall, Tex?

Mexico is a separate country, it's not going to hand over a large quantities of dollars. :roll:
https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-ca ... ted-states

Where did Trump say Mexico would write a check to build the wall. With the right support from Congress, he can make Mexico pay for the wall through tariffs or Mexico can save us money by supporting the stoppage of illegal immigration. Just today, Mexico stopped 2000 "refugees" from Africa and who knows elsewhere from waltzing over our border and mooching on our services. Today, Mexico saved us millions.
Errr, who pays the Tarriffs? Mexicans or Americans, Tex? :roll:

You do understand what Tariffs are, aren't you? A tax imposed on imported goods by one's own government. A tax paid by the consumers of those goods. Who are the consumers, Tex? Americans.

So, when Trump said he'd make the Mexicans pay for the wall he wants to build, he really meant the Americans, right? :roll:

This is what gets me about Trump supporters, they believe all the bullshit that Trump spouts, it seems without question. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am

Fred wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm
I am sorry to say, I would believe Trump should be impeached. He was elected after interference of Russia in electoral processes tainting his Presidency with an appearance of foreign interests. NOT that is the case just the appearance, especially as he then interferes in the probe into foreign influence.

So what was this question over the issue, that Trump or his team colluded with Russia to influence the election. Right or wrong, if you believe that is a criminal act, or impeachable offence then simply asking foreign power to re-investigate something already investigated onto their political opponents is the exact same thing. The veracity of trying the request to dependence on aid is just prolonging the inevitable(oh, not an impeachment, don’t get me wrong).

But reality is, all this is about using Trump tactics, label opponents with outlandish labels (usually criminal) then spend all the time to convince the people inference is reality. That is why it is simply an investigation not a formal process…
Oh, please ... is this a serious post, or did I stumble onto the Comedy Central web page?

The Russia collusion investigation was a hoax from day one, hatched by the Hillary campaign and the Obama administration. Investigator Mueller and his team of angry Democrats still couldn't manage to find a shred of evidence of any collusion, whose origins are now under investigation by the current Attorney General's office.

Think I'm full of it? Word has it that the Inspector General's report, which is supposedly as thick as a phone book, is going to be released on Friday ... and that it will document all the funny business that took place in the FISA court thanks in part to then FBI director James Comey. I'm sure other Obama bigwigs will be mentioned prominently in the text.

Could be indictments coming, and this time it'll be the Democrats playing defense.

And that doesn't even include what William Barr and his hand-picked "investigator of the investigators," John Durham, will turn up while interviewing intelligence officials in places like the Ukraine, Italy and yes, Australia.

Stay tuned for further details of the attempted coup on Trump ... I'm keeping my cupboard stocked with popcorn!

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:12 am

Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
With the help of Congress, I think he he would make them pay for it. You can’t fight him the whole way and accuse him of not fulfilling his promises.

OK, here is a simpler question, how was he going to make Mexico pay for the wall, Tex?

Mexico is a separate country, it's not going to hand over a large quantities of dollars. :roll:

Where did Trump say Mexico would write a check to build the wall. With the right support from Congress, he can make Mexico pay for the wall through tariffs or Mexico can save us money by supporting the stoppage of illegal immigration. Just today, Mexico stopped 2000 "refugees" from Africa and who knows elsewhere from waltzing over our border and mooching on our services. Today, Mexico saved us millions.
My thoughts exactly. Mexico is, in fact, paying for America's immigration enforcement by stationing thousands of soldiers on the border ... and agreeing to keep asylum applicants on their side of the Rio Grande until the applications (most of which are rejected) can be processed.

Whether the Mexicans are literally paying for the wall is immaterial; the point is that thanks to Trump, they've chosen to enforce their own borders instead of ushering half the Third World into the U.S. Obviously, it's cheaper than the tariffs that Trump was planning to sock them with.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 am

brian ross wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:59 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

You do understand what Tariffs are, aren't you? A tax imposed on imported goods by one's own government. A tax paid by the consumers of those goods. Who are the consumers, Tex? Americans.

So, when Trump said he'd make the Mexicans pay for the wall he wants to build, he really meant the Americans, right? :roll:

This is what gets me about Trump supporters, they believe all the bullshit that Trump spouts, it seems without question. :roll:
You do understand that tariffs will encourage buying from local sources? And all he has done is threaten tariffs to get what he wanted.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 am
brian ross wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:59 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:

You do understand that tariffs will encourage buying from local sources? And all he has done is threaten tariffs to get what he wanted.
It takes time, often a considerable amount of time, to establish industries, Tex. How long is going to take to build the wall? Tariffs are a clumsy method to get a foreign country to pay for something which el Presidente Trump has decreed needs to have been built yesterday... :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Ha, have you checked the author's background? She's a friggin' food writer whose most recent stories include "As Canadians Get The McDonald’s P.L.T., Americans Get The McRib, Again."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelinem ... c3c9d85611

She formerly wrote for the New York Times, which tells you everything you need to know about her East Coast elitist point of view. Keep in mind that this is the newspaper that went all in for Russian collusion and then found itself desperately needing to regroup when Watergate 2 proved to be a lefty pipe dream.
https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/08/l ... to-racism/

In any case, sentences like these are laughable to anybody who hasn't been pushing for impeachment since election night:

1. "On Friday, Trump lost his acting secretary of homeland security — a position that has had four different officials in charge during his tenure."

Which surprised no one who'd been paying attention. Kevin McAleenan essentially fired himself when his recent interview with the Washington Post featured the language of the open-borders crowd. (For instance, he complained that the term "illegal alien” comes with “political, emotional, and racial” overtones.)

He never bought into Trump's "America first" policies, so why did he take the temp job in the first place?
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... overtones/

2. "Others, who still hold their positions, are beginning to tell Congress what they know, and the longer they stay in this administration, the more damaging the information may be to the President."

What a perfectly stupid comment! The impeachment inquiry, such as it is, supposedly revolves around Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian president. And Trump has already released the transcript of that conversation. So how could anyone "tell Congress what they know" ... when no one could know any more than what's already in the transcript?

In fact, Monday's testimony came from a woman who left the administration before Trump's phone call, for crying out loud. The desperate Democrats, probably fearing that their far-left candidates will get thrashed in the 2020 election, are throwing everything against the wall and hoping it sticks.

3. "Not only will the taint of their association with him be indelible, they are likely to incur his wrath and the possible retribution from zealots who remain in his camp."

Ah, there it is -- the predictable condescension that emanates from the minds of elitists who look down their noses at anyone with the audacity to disagree with their provincial worldview.

Thanks for not letting us down, Micheline! And good luck with your next article about Halloween cookies ...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Shooting the messenger, 4E? How unusual for a Trumpite. Tsk, tsk. :roll:

What I was interested in was what she was saying, not who said it.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:11 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Shooting the messenger, 4E? How unusual for a Trumpite. Tsk, tsk. :roll:

What I was interested in was what she was saying, not who said it.
And? You post these opinion pieces (like they back up some "fact" you subscribe to). Other posters here have a right to object to their credibility.. and yours.