Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:20 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Redneck wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Not sure what Biden has to do with Trump being impeached!

Desperation by the rightards it seems

I couldnt give a crap about Biden especially in a topic that has nothing to do with him

And he is only one of many Democrat candidates wanting to stand

Keep deflecting or start a Biden topic !
Of course you don't give a crap about Biden!

Heaven forbid the left might have to live up to the pious morality they presume to enforce on their political enemies. And so, the usual, predictable response is to decry it as "deflecting," "whataboutism," etc., when someone has the temerity to expect your side to live up to the same standards you demand of everybody who isn't on your team.

Instead, you and your ilk attempt to declare with a straight face that a simple presidential conversation about international corruption is worthy of impeachment, while a sitting Vice President taking his son to China on Air Force 2 -- and that same son scoring a sweetheart deal from the Chinese government a couple of weeks later -- is totally ethical, legal and unremarkable.

The term "hypocritical" comes to mind ...
Yeah and you can get fucked as well moron!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the best you've got? I haven't heard such a juvenile comeback since junior high.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip!

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:23 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm
Redneck wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:20 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Redneck wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Not sure what Biden has to do with Trump being impeached!

Desperation by the rightards it seems

I couldnt give a crap about Biden especially in a topic that has nothing to do with him

And he is only one of many Democrat candidates wanting to stand

Keep deflecting or start a Biden topic !
Of course you don't give a crap about Biden!

Heaven forbid the left might have to live up to the pious morality they presume to enforce on their political enemies. And so, the usual, predictable response is to decry it as "deflecting," "whataboutism," etc., when someone has the temerity to expect your side to live up to the same standards you demand of everybody who isn't on your team.

Instead, you and your ilk attempt to declare with a straight face that a simple presidential conversation about international corruption is worthy of impeachment, while a sitting Vice President taking his son to China on Air Force 2 -- and that same son scoring a sweetheart deal from the Chinese government a couple of weeks later -- is totally ethical, legal and unremarkable.

The term "hypocritical" comes to mind ...
Yeah and you can get fucked as well moron!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the best you've got? I haven't heard such a juvenile comeback since junior high.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip!
:smitten

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:24 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 am
brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Again, I ask the context and for where/when this occurred, Black Orchid. I wonder why you won't supply it? Is it 'cause you don't care? Mmmm, I wonder how you react to this then?

Donald Trump: Billy Bush says infamous Access Hollywood 'grab them by the p***y' tape is real

Do you like knowing that Trump is a sexist bigot? :roll:
Brian stop being ridiculous and trying to deflect. When or where Biden said this is totally irrelevant. Context? Listen to his words and stop being silly. It's WHAT he says and it is more than clear.
So, what Trump says is irrelevant? Do you like what he says about Women, Black Orchid? Do you like to be grabbed by the pussy? Really?
I'm constantly amused at the way lefties suddenly become pearl-clutching schoolmarms when they're feigning shock at the salty language of a politician they're trying to take down.

Especially when Democrats such as Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib make public comments like, "We're gonna impeach the motherf___er!"
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics ... index.html

Sure, Trump's statement was crude, but any male over 12 years old who hasn't heard similar language has probably spent his life cloistered in a monastery.

Besides, it's pretty obvious that Trump wasn't saying he treated ALL women that way -- he was merely describing the way groupies throw themselves at famous men. I'm sure any rock star could tell similar stories.
Isn't that funny, how Trump so much as farts and gets ostracized yet it's perfectly acceptable for his opposition to swear, curse and say deplorable things that in any other scenario would see the offenders suffering a media witch hunt.

The guy is far from perfect but what I respect in him is the fact that he doesn't put on some bullshit front like most other figures in politics.
Absolutely right.

What the Democrats and the media (pardon the redundancy) hate about Trump is that instead of cringing, apologizing and feeling intimidated every time they attack him, he stares right back at them with a smirk and mocks them in front of the entire nation, if not the world.

For instance, this hilarious excerpt from his Minneapolis speech on Thursday tees off on the Bidens -- not to mention the media for not having the curiosity to try to track down Hunter Biden:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCb9grRXFqQ

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Redneck wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 am
Try to deflect as much as you like rightards,

it wont help Trump,

the impeachment is coming to get him.

:rofl :rofl
It doesn't matter what the Democrats do in the House of Representatives.

It takes a 2/3 vote from the Senate to remove a sitting president. Think that's going to happen?

QUESTION #1: Which political party does Trump belong to?

QUESTION #2: Which political party currently controls the Senate? (Hint: It starts with an "R.")

Take all the time you need!

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:37 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 pm
I am still unsure about the context of that clip, Black Orchid. Where and when did it occur? What was the original question asked? These things are just as important as what Joe is saying. You however, only seem to believe the only thing that is important is what Joe is saying... :roll:
Schiff read his tall tale during a supposedly formal session of Congress:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -call.html

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm
Redneck wrote:

it wont help Trump,

It takes a 2/3 vote from the Senate to remove a sitting president. Think that's going to happen?

QUESTION #2: Which political party currently controls the Senate? (Hint: It starts with an "R.")

Ah, but party discipline is almost non-existent in the US system, 4E. I'm sure the same questions were asked when Clinton's impeachment came up and we all saw how that worked out for the Rethuglians, now didn't we? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:15 am

brian ross wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm
Redneck wrote:

it wont help Trump,

Ah, but party discipline is almost non-existent in the US system, 4E. I'm sure the same questions were asked when Clinton's impeachment came up and we all saw how that worked out for the Rethuglians, now didn't we? :roll:
Sure ... because even though the Republicans had a 55-45 advantage in the Senate, they needed 67 votes to remove "Blue Dress" Bill. And every Democrat voted "not guilty," along with 10 Republicans on Article One and 5 Republicans on Article Two.

But it wouldn't have mattered if every Republican had voted for impeachment, because they still needed 12 Democrats to join them, and that didn't happen.

So ... you're making my point for me. How many votes to the Democrats have in the Senate today? Here, I'll throw you a bone: 47, including 2 Independents.

Good luck finding 20 Republicans turncoats!

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:43 am

brian ross wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 pm
Texan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 am
brian ross wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 am
So, Trump lied when he said that he'd make Mexico pay for his Wall, Tex? :roll:
With the help of Congress, I think he he would make them pay for it. You can’t fight him the whole way and accuse him of not fulfilling his promises.
You don't think he made a promise that he has failed to keep?

OK, here is a simpler question, how was he going to make Mexico pay for the wall, Tex?

Mexico is a separate country, it's not going to hand over a large quantities of dollars. :roll:
https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-ca ... ted-states

Where did Trump say Mexico would write a check to build the wall. With the right support from Congress, he can make Mexico pay for the wall through tariffs or Mexico can save us money by supporting the stoppage of illegal immigration. Just today, Mexico stopped 2000 "refugees" from Africa and who knows elsewhere from waltzing over our border and mooching on our services. Today, Mexico saved us millions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 am

It never occurred to me that Trump was meaning Mexico would just write a cheque for the wall and obviously tariffs would be the way to make them 'pay' and fall into line.

Fair enough too as the US has every right to determine who they let into their country. It's a bizarre mindset to think otherwise.

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:43 am
Where did Trump say Mexico would write a check to build the wall. With the right support from Congress, he can make Mexico pay for the wall through tariffs or Mexico can save us money by supporting the stoppage of illegal immigration. Just today, Mexico stopped 2000 "refugees" from Africa and who knows elsewhere from waltzing over our border and mooching on our services. Today, Mexico saved us millions.
Now I could run about chasing the recordings of Trump stating during his campaign that He "will build a wall, because that is what I do. It will not cost Americans one dime because he will make Mexico pay for it"

But I just believe your being obtuse here. Huge issues with Mexico and some diplomacy by Trump administration to stop adverse actions of Mexico over this very point should say to you, that maybe this is a rather foolish point.

I had a discussion with a rabid Trump supporter on this very point. As I said to them, I thought that Trump would be making it figuratively not literally. Nope, I was told he has to build this wall and he will. Go figure. the savings you talk about goes into building a wall that cost 5x (or so I am told).

I had to laugh that Mexico elites near the border were stealing the wall to bolster their own buildings security as well…

Basically, the wall is a non-event. He made many outlandish claims about this wall, which have been so far superseded by the antics after that is old news…

Oh and say nothing for impeachment.