Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Bogan

Re: Climate Change

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:25 pm

h20.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:58 pm

I need to see the source documents for those graphs please.
Otherwise, you failed to provide evidence that we are not in the midst of a major extinction event, something the teen was also declaring.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Just look up a thing called "The Internet". You can access "the internet" using your computer. Then just type in "photos graphs CO2 versus world temperatures". Dozens of graphs will spring up. The most interesting are the ones for "CO2 versus earth temps 600 million years." There are several from different sources and they are all nearly identical. There is little correlation between CO2 and earth temps at all over 600 million years, , at least in very high concentrations.

Sometimes CO2 is going up when temps are going down. Sometimes CO2 is going down when temps are going up. Sometimes they co relate.

It is only at extremely low concentrations of CO2, as is present in the atmosphere at the present time, that a very close relationship between CO2 and temperatures manifests itself. That is because the oceans of the world hold 50 times more dissolved CO2 than the atmosphere does. Warm water holds less CO2 than cold water. So when temperatures rise for any of about 50 different reasons, the warming oceans release CO2. When the planet cools for any of about 50 different reasons, the oceans cool and absorb CO2 from the atmosphere.

But it is temperatures that drive CO2 levels, not the other way around. Brian has submitted graphs displaying rising and falling CO2 levels which corelate to rising and falling temperatures, They do just that at low concentrations. But Brian claims that it proves that CO2 drives temps, which is nonsensical. I asked Brian why, if CO2 drives temps, do the temperatures ever fall at all? After all, if CO2 drives temps, then once CO2 levels rise, the oceans must release more Co2, and you have a runaway greenhouse effect. But temps always fall. So something other than CO2 is causing temps to rise and fall, and that takes CO2 levels along for the ride with it

Naturally, Brian dodged that question repeatedly. He can't answer it. He may have thought about it and realised I must be right, but he can never admit that his opponent is right. For Brian, the ideology is more important than the truth. His educated class believes this crap and Brian will never break ranks and become a heretic to his own caste.

The primary drivers of rising and falling temperatures are the Malkovich cycles, differences in the intensity of solar radiation, volcanic eruptions, changes in the oceans currents (like El Nino), continental drift, cosmic rays, and a whole bunch more that I can't remember. I should remember all of them but it is a long time since I studied this stuff.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:58 pm
I need to see the source documents for those graphs please.
Otherwise, you failed to provide evidence that we are not in the midst of a major extinction event, something the teen was also declaring.
What dishonest debater you are... happy to provide graphs..., but no source... and when challenged you refer me to the internet. And still, nothing to evidence that we are that we are not in a major extinction event.

Also your distain for BR has nothing to do with me. So do not use me to further your bullshit with him.

Lift your game bucko!

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 pm

I showed you what my source was. Dozens of graphs on the internet that are so easily available that even you could access them. Well, with a bit of coaching you could probably manage it.

If you would still like to understand how you got completely made a fool of over HIGW, go back to those graphs and look up CO2 levels vs temps for 600 million years. 100 million years. 10 million years. 1 million years. 100,000 years. And 10,000 years.

But I doubt if you will do that because just like Brian, you want to believe in HIGW. You have your whole identity of a forward thinking progressive on the line here. Realising that you were fooled would damage your self image of yourself.

On the other hand, if you jumped ship now, then when it finally comes to pass what idiots the HIGW alarmists were, you could jump up and say "I knew that HIGW was all BS all along you know! See how clever I am!"

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Bogan wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 pm
I showed you what my source was. Dozens of graphs on the internet that are so easily available that even you could access them. Well, with a bit of coaching you could probably manage it.

If you would still like to understand how you got completely made a fool of over HIGW, go back to those graphs and look up CO2 levels vs temps for 600 million years. 100 million years. 10 million years. 1 million years. 100,000 years. And 10,000 years.

But I doubt if you will do that because just like Brian, you want to believe in HIGW. You have your whole identity of a forward thinking progressive on the line here. Realising that you were fooled would damage your self image of yourself.

On the other hand, if you jumped ship now, then when it finally comes to pass what idiots the HIGW alarmists were, you could jump up and say "I knew that HIGW was all BS all along you know! See how clever I am!"
What dishonest debater you are... happy to provide graphs..., but no source... and when challenged you refer me to the internet. And still, nothing to evidence that we are that we are not in a major extinction event.

Also your distain for BR has nothing to do with me. So do not use me to further your bullshit with him.

Lift your game bucko!

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 pm

The source is your own computer and the internet, you fool. No wonder you believe in HIGW. If you had half a brain, you would be a half wit.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Bogan wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 pm
The source is your own computer and the internet, you fool. No wonder you believe in HIGW. If you had half a brain, you would be a half wit.
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Tsk, tsk, Bogan that is no way to treat a somebody like Nom. She has asked you a reasonable question yet you appear either incapable or unwilling to answer her. You really do need to lift your game. Remember, you are here to convince us and you're failing dismally at that at the moment. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:32 pm

"We’re grown-ups here, we don’t take lectures from a girl from Sweden who is screaming hysterically about the end of the planet because it’s just not true!

Not everything about the climate change debate is valid, not everything about the way these hysterical claims are presented needs to be listened to by national leaders.

I’ve got no problem with Scott Morrison getting on with the business that will actually help Australia instead of going to a one-day meeting that looks like it’s a bit of a media stunt
."

Mark Latham

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:35 am

Dear Brian.

NDP is a quarter wit and I am glad that she is on your side and not mine. On the "Are races equal?" topic, all she contributed was a cut and paste that she got from somewhere, and then she fled the arena.

On the "Should the Death Penalty Be Reintroduced?" topic all she did was write "Too long" to my opening argument and contributed nothing more. She appears to have the attention span of a gnat, and anything over a 15 second sound bite is too much for her to comprehend.

On this topic, all she has done is submit cut and pastes, or re writes of news articles. When she asked me to validate my graphs I helpfully told her how to do it. Simply open "Photos, graphs, CO2 vs Temperatures" and there are loads of them. I was surprised when she came back on claiming I was "dishonest" for (in her peculiar opinion) not validating the graphs.

Thinking that maybe I had mislead her by not being more specific, and she might have had trouble finding the graphs I had submitted, I helpfully told her to look up the same graphs using specifics like "600 million years, 100 million years, 1 million years, 100,000 years, and 10, thousand years.

And what do I see when I come back on? She is still screaming that I am "dishonest."

I'll bet that the brainless chook did not even bother to look up anything. She averts her eyes from what she does not want to see. Stereotypical Alarmist. She "feels" that HIGW warming must be correct because all of her friends and peers tell her so. And she does not want to disappoint them by actually doing some research to find out if it is true or false, and then finding that it is false. Her "friends" would never speak to her again for being a heretic. Better to come back on this site screaming abuse than admit she is too lazy, too dumb, too scared, or all three, to even check the graphs.

Please don't fall in love with NDP and marry her. Any offspring would be a genetic monster in dire need of genetic eradication.