Climate Change

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Bogan

Re: Climate Change

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:12 am

Which is another way of saying that Ridd was sacked because he did not toe the official party line on HIGW. Which the judge has ruled was illegal. It is illegal because he is a scientist, and speaking out about scientific matters is what scientists are supposed to do. But RIdd's sacking was big news and the ABC had to publish something, anything, about it which would not make the Alarmists look like they are over bearing suppressors of scientific opinion, which they are.

Brian, what you had there was a classic piece of ABC disinformation. The article starts out with the heading "Are climate skeptic Peter Ridd's controversial reef views validated by his unfair dismissal win?" Which suggests that his win had nothing to do with his "controversial" views. It had everything to do with his views. If you don't believe in HIGW, then you get the sack.

The article then goes on to state that the court did not rule on the validity of Ridd's views, just in case some doe eyed dumb lefty got the idea that the court had validated the Ridd's "controversial" opinion that HIGW was crap. The significance of Ridd's sacking was the fact that a scientist gave a scientific opinion and was sacked by his boss for doing it. THAT was the story, and THAT was what the ABC studiously avoided talking about by publishing this smelly red herring.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:15 pm

It was illegal because it contravened the work place relations act, Bogan. It had nothing to do with what he said. It was illegal because the University acted illegally. As I keep pointing out, the Judge made ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT on Ridd's comments. I am unsure why you want to draw this out. Perhaps because you hate to admit that you're wrong? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 am

It had everything to do with what he said. He was sacked for what he said. The court determined that he could not be sacked for what he said.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:57 pm

It was illegal because it contravened the work place relations act, Bogan. It had nothing to do with what he said. It was illegal because the University acted illegally. As I keep pointing out, the Judge made ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT on Ridd's comments. I am unsure why you want to draw this out. Perhaps because you hate to admit that you're wrong? :roll:

I am unsure why you fail to understand this, Bogan? Are you so far away from reality that you cannot even recognise it? :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:46 pm

It had everything to do with what he said. He was sacked for what he said. The court determined that he could not be sacked for what he said, BECAUSE SACKING A PERSON FOR WHAT THEY SAY CONTRAVENES THE WORK RELATIONS ACT.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:53 pm

The climate changed here today, yesterday the climate was warm, today I had to put the heating on, again and we got a few drops of rain. Odd isn't it? Spring when the weather changes day-by-day, year-by-year, decade-by-decade. Does anybody remember what the weather was like on their last birthday? :mrgreen:
Climate means the usual condition of the temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, rainfall, and other meteorological elements in an area of the Earth's surface for a long time. In simple terms climate is the average condition for about thirty years.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:51 am

Teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg has captured the world's attention in a fierce and passionate speech at the United Nations headquarters, accusing world leaders of failing to act on climate change.
Key points:
Greta Thunberg told the UN summit that even the strictest emission cuts being talked about were "not good enough"
The teenage activist told world leaders that her generation would "never forgive" them for inaction on climate change
She stared down US President Donald Trump when they crossed paths at the UN headquarters

The Swedish campaigner's brief address electrified the start of the Climate Action Summit in New York.

The UN event was aimed at mobilising government and business to break international paralysis over carbon emissions, which hit record highs last year despite decades of warnings from scientists.
"This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean, yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you," said the 16-year-old, her voice trembling with anger at times.
"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.
"We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-24/ ... u/11541300
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Another publicity stunt by the Climate Alarmists who have been decisively beaten by the climate sceptics.

If your wild predictions for impending catastrophe are always wrong, and if like Brian Ross you can't even formulate an argument as to why you even hold such strong beliefs, just find a kid and make them a celebrity who you present as the Saviour of the World. In a world where children seem to be in thrall with celebrities, Greta Thunberg then becomes a poster child and role model for easily conned kids.

Message to Nom de Plume.

The planet warms and cools in roughly 1000 year cycles. Every ten thousand years the planet cools into mini ice age. !00,000 years into a real ice age. Our present warming period is the tenth in this cycle and right on schedule. Every other warming period in our 10,000 year cycle was 2 degrees hotter than it is today so the planet will continue to warm. The only thing different about this warming period and every other warming period in the last 10,000 years is that this one coincided with the industrialisation of the human race.

What I have written is easily verifiable on the internet graphs.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:14 pm

h14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:19 pm

h16.png