The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
billy the kid

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by billy the kid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Commissioner Hayne, who chaired the RC into Banking has come out swinging....
He says Royal Commissions were called in to do the work when government structures
have failed.....
Well,thats putting it mildly........
In other words....governments are incompetent....politicians are out of their depth...they are
incapable of performing....

"Major inquiries were called to investigate issues when there was a need for independent, neutral, transparent, and reasoned reports, according to Hayne – questioning whether the government was delivering in these areas.
Reasoned debates about issues of policy are now rare. (Three or four word slogans have taken their place.)
These characteristics were in contrast to modern political practice that emphasised “party difference” that had “decision-making processes that not only are opaque but also, too often, are seen as skewed, if not captured, by the interests of those large and powerful enough to lobby governments behind closed doors”.
In the view of the banking Royal Commissioner, reasoned debates are now rare, and political commentary is focused on division rather than unity.
“Trust in all sorts of institutions, governmental and private, has been damaged or destroyed,” he said.
“Our future is often framed as some return to an imaginary glorious past when the issues that now beset us had not arisen.”

Trust....has been damaged......well...trust in government in Australia.......is non existent.......
Ask a politician about negative interest rates and a cashless society....you wont get an answer......

And thats no bullshit......

To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Most of us saw it, on the TV, Neferti. El Presidente' Trump claims he was watching it from four miles away, or he was there picking up bricks, or he was watching Muslims in New Jersey celebrating... Take your pick.
So?
You're not concerned that the (supposed) most powerful leader in the world is delusional? :roll:
I don't care. OK?
So, why then post, Neferti? Mmmm?
Because I can? :rofl

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 pm
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm

So?
You're not concerned that the (supposed) most powerful leader in the world is delusional? :roll:
I don't care. OK?
So, basically you're a troll then? How unsurprising... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:

I don't care. OK?
Not at all " Brian" ... you are just an argumentative dickhead.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:

I don't care. OK?
Not at all " Brian" ... you are just an argumentative dickhead.
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Looks to me like you're a troll, Neferti. You reach into your bucket of mud as soon as someone asks you a question. Typical troll behavior. Tsk, tsk. :roll: :roll:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Have you ANY idea what an Internet Troll is, Brian?

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 pm
Perhaps because he has stated he was there, 4E?
The4thEstate wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am
Nope, the cherished American legal concept of "innocent until proven guilty" should also apply to news stories. If you doubt Trump, Mr./Ms. Reporter, then prove he wasn't where he says he was and/or didn't do what he says he did.
brian ross wrote:
What a shame that doesn't extend to people suspected of Terrorism, if they are Muslim, hey, 4E.
And what Muslims hasn't it applied to solely because of their religion?
brian ross wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Trump claimed he was there. Up to him to prove he was there. No one remembers him being there. Funny that, hey?
What do you mean, "No one remembers him being there"? Do you have any idea how many people were walking the streets of New York City on that particular day?

Thousands. Maybe tens of thousands.

Now show me any news agency that interviewed all or most of those people and you might have a point. Otherwise, it's kind of silly for a news reporter to say, "Gosh, I interviewed 20 people and not one of them could remember Trump being there."

That's about as meaningful as saying, "How could you possibly have attended the Tour de France? I was there too, and I sure didn't see you."
The4thEstate wrote:
It's not as if that task is impossible for a journalist. Hillary Clinton famously told a bogus tale of "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, claiming that she and others "ran with our heads down" after exiting the plane. But then a reporter found video footage of that very event ... which instead showed her casually walking off the plane and receiving flowers from a young girl. Oh well, maybe Hillary meant to say that she "landed under snapdragon fire."
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... per-story/
brian ross wrote:
Who cares? We aren't discussing Hillary Clinton, now are we, 4E? Lets stick with the person we are discussing, el Presidente' Trump...
We're discussing what constitutes valid evidence that puts the lie to a prominent politician's account of a particular incident. Since you seem to embrace the Soviet legal theory of "guilty until proven innocent," I thought I'd throw you a bone and show you how it's done in the free world.
brian ross wrote:
He has also stated that he "watched people jumping from the World Trade Centre from his office." His office is over 4 miles away from the WTC. He didn't say, "on TV."
The4thEstate wrote:
Right, and Vanity Fair reported that Trump said he "saw 'many people' jump from the Twin Towers from the telescope in his penthouse."

So there's your answer: You might not have heard about it, but there's this newfangled invention called a telescope, and it enables people to see things from a long distance away.
brian ross wrote:
Did they? Did he? Seems that the telescope appeared in embroidered versions of the story, 4E. You got a link to the Vanity Fair article?
Nahhh ... I just made all that up and hoped that your rapier-like mind wouldn't catch me faking it. But I can see now that you're more than a match for me!

Duh ... of course Vanity Fair said it, and of course I have a link to the article. Actually, it would have taken you less time to look it up than to type those last four sentences challenging my veracity. But hey, if Google is too challenging to master, I'll do the heavy lifting for you:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07 ... responders

brian ross wrote:
He has also interviewed on 11 September on telephone from his office proclaiming that Trump Tower wasn't luckily one of the "tallest buildings in New York."

Now, he can't have been in his office if he was out at Ground Zero helping move bricks, now could he?
The4thEstate wrote:
When did Trump ever say he was at Ground Zero "moving bricks"? Oh, that's right -- he didn't. All he said was, "I spent a lot of time down there with you" (the first responders).

The only person who interpreted that innocuous statement as Trump purporting to have helped the first responders was Chris Riotta, the so-called journalist whose name is on the article. Riotta made the baseless assumption that Trump was "appearing to suggest without evidence that he participated in either rescue efforts or surveying the damage after the attacks."

Ho-hum ... just another hostile reporter's creative interpretation of Trump's comment. You get used to that sort of thing when you live in the United States.
brian ross wrote:
I have quoted where he suggested he was moving bricks, 4E.
Not in any post I've ever replied to. You linked to one Independent article that contained unsubstantiated assumptions, but nothing about moving bricks.

If you know of another article containing a direct quote from Trump that includes the words "moving bricks," then by all means share it with the class. Otherwise, I call B.S. on your claim.
brian ross wrote:
Who's being "spoon fed" anything, 4E. I suppose I could read Fox News or Breitbart as alternatives, except we know they both lie as well...
Actually, you could read the results of the Harvard University study that showed how 80 percent of the national media's news coverage of Trump was negative.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... olumn.html

And we all know what a bastion of Trump fan support Harvard is ...
brian ross wrote:
I think we have different definitions of "responsible reporting".
I'm sure we do, considering that I'm the only one of us who has actually worked as a newspaper reporter.
brian ross wrote:
Here is a serious question for you, 4E. Is there anything, anything at all, that you don't like about Trump's presidency?
I'll answer that as soon as you answer the question I once asked you (but you dodged): What about Islam do you take issue with?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08- ... -long-lawn

Ironic that the guy who copped the fine from the Grass Police is named Jim.....
The Australian firm of Jims Mowing comes to mind....
But losing your home because of a $6.30 interest bill on land tax is cause for wonder...
No wonder the USA is full of violence when such a ridiculous bullshit law exists....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:40 pm

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 52cti.html

Has the Australian Government been asleep at the wheel...
That wouldnt happen, now would it.....
It beggars belief that a nation as rich as Australia in natural resources has to literally go begging to other countries to guarantee our petrol and oil supplies.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:48 pm
Have you ANY idea what an Internet Troll is, Brian?
Yes. It is you. Tsk, tsk. :roll: :roll: