TV Shows

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

TV Shows

Post by Neferti » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:17 pm

I see that the ABC is showing the new season 6 of Endeavour this Friday. Good. That's the only time I watch "your" ABC, when they show a BBC series before Foxtel does. ABC did the same with season 8 of Vera a few weeks back.

For those who don't know what Endeavour is .... it is "prequel" of Inspector Morse, as Lewis was a "sequel". ALL great TV if you enjoy the British Detective type stuff.

billy the kid

Re: TV Shows

Post by billy the kid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

At last The Voice is over....we don't have to put up with this bunch of freaks any more.....
Not that I ever watched it...but cant help but see the freaks momentarily as I channel
surf from time to time......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am
At last The Voice is over....we don't have to put up with this bunch of freaks any more.....
Not that I ever watched it...but cant help but see the freaks momentarily as I channel
surf from time to time......
Didn't know there was such a "show".

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Well they call it a show...but like 99% of tv programmes these days its just shit.....and the laughable
thing is all the muppets..or should I say mugs watch it....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 pm
Well they call it a show...but like 99% of tv programmes these days its just shit.....and the laughable
I don't :lol:

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:33 am

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 pm
Free to air TV is absolute garbage. Nothing but "reality" cooking shows, house renovation or "talent" shows.. there is nothing more annoying than going into work and stupid bitch colleagues crapping on about what happened in one of these shows the previous night, gossiping like a bunch of pre-teen girls... fuck off, morons. They are only in abundance because the majority of the retards in this country watches and enjoys them. Thank fuck I have my streaming services, no annoying ads and I can watch what I wanna watch without having to put up with moronic antics.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:34 pm

I do not watch free-to-air TV and never watch Their ABC either. That's why I have had Foxtel for the last 10 years or so. Back in the day when Foxtel didn't have ads .... now they do, so the only way to avoid them is to record what you want to watch and fast forward through the ads. :mrgreen:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:38 pm

I couldn't be bothered fast forwarding through the ads. I use the ads to do things instead of having to wait for a program to end.

No ads on Netflix so I have to press pause every time I need to get up and walk away.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Talking about ads ... have you see the one about men's underwear? :rofl First they had some young bloke now they have some Maori or Islander doing to ... both ads are YAWN .... do males actually look at those ads and say "must buy this new underwear" ...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Ive yet to see a mens underwear ad that wasn't gross…

My list of television viewing seems to be at the moment...

Re runs of Two and a Half Men
Attenborough programmes on various animals
Have You Been Paying Attention
Horse Racing
Mens Golf
MotoGP
Various movies that I have seen before eg..The Equalizer, Gladiator, Fury, Jason Bourne trilogy...
The Sting, Tombstone...any other movies from yesteryear that I cant remember and new or recently released
movies which appeal...

I genuinely think that television as a means of entertainment has had its day..
When they stoop to black and white re-runs of Mister Ed etc and garbage reality programmes.....Im done....
But then again, Ive always been a fussy old bastard..... :rofl