At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Started watching Breaking Bad last night. 3 episodes in.....

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Coming up... The Revenant and The Hateful 8... anyone seen them yet?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Might go and see one or both this week. It's been awhile since I have gone to the movies.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 am

Typical Tarantino movie. Nothing for the first half and blood and gore for the second half. Lots of politics, racial tension and brutality. He is clearly trying to say something.

The movie was at the halfway mark and I was becoming bored and restless but then, thankfully, it started moving along. Tarantino loves long movies but he could easily cut them to 2 hours instead of 3 to alleviate the long drawn out nothingness.

Brilliant performances from Jackson, Goggins (I loved him in Justified, he is a real talent), Jason Leigh and Russell. Lots of witty and humorous quips but when it ended I just felt like something was missing.

7/10. I've seen better lately.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

Everyone I know has seen The Reverent and liked it.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 am

The Hateful Eight

Typical Tarantino movie. Nothing for the first half and blood and gore for the second half. Lots of politics, racial tension and brutality. He is clearly trying to say something.

The movie was at the halfway mark and I was becoming bored and restless but then, thankfully, it started moving along. Tarantino loves long movies but he could easily cut them to 2 hours instead of 3 to alleviate the long drawn out nothingness.

Brilliant performances from Jackson, Goggins (I loved him in Justified, he is a real talent), Jason Leigh and Russell. Lots of witty and humorous quips but when it ended I just felt like something was missing.

7/10. I've seen better lately.
Last edited by Black Orchid on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:00 pm

^^^^ Edit because I didn't even state the name of the movie I was talking about duhhh, but mentions of Tarantino should have given it away.

Will see The Revenant over the next few days.

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:17 pm

I took my son to see Daddy's home the other day. He is thirteen years old and besides Star Wars, which he has already seen, there was not much to choose from for his age group during the school holidays.
It was corny but I laughed a lot even though Im not a big fan of Will Ferrell it was good mindless entertainment.
5/10.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Long movie, didn't need to be, some lovely landscapes, simple plot, Leo's character was having a really bad month. Gruesome scenes, some incongruities, strong on the brutality of the times natural and otherwise. Didn't make me want to see it again, ever.

6-7/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:31 pm

I assume you are talking about The Revenant?

I am not a fan of Tom Hardy anyway but he mumbled throughout the whole movie. I had to really strain to understand what he was saying and that really annoyed me. Like the Hateful Eight it was way too long. It was ok but I wouldn't back up a second time either.

Can't critique the acting as there were long periods of no dialogue at all. Leo did ok. Tom was bleh.

Most of the movies I have seen lately have been rubbish.