At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Neferti » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:56 pm

This afternoon I watched a movie on Foxtel called Gone Girl with Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Quite a good thriller.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998/

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Gone Girl was ok. I rather like Ben Affleck.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Saw the Martian

Loved it. If you are into realistic SciFi.... it is worth a watch.

The Martian is a 2015 American science fiction drama film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Matt Damon. The film is based on Andy Weir's 2011 novel The Martian, which was adapted into a screenplay by Drew Goddard. Damon stars as an astronaut who is mistakenly presumed dead and left behind on Mars, and who then fights to survive. The film also features Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Jeff Daniels, Michael Peña, Kate Mara, Sean Bean, Sebastian Stan, Aksel Hennie, Donald Glover, Mackenzie Davis and Chiwetel Ejiofor in supporting roles.

Producer Simon Kinberg began developing the film after 20th Century Fox optioned the novel in March 2013. Drew Goddard adapted the novel into a screenplay and was initially attached to direct, but the film did not move forward. Scott replaced Goddard, and with Damon in place as the main character, production was green-lit. Filming began in November 2014 and lasted approximately 70 days. Around 20 sets were built on a sound stage in Budapest, Hungary, one of the largest in the world. Wadi Rum in Jordan was also used as a practical backdrop for filming.

The film premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on September 11, 2015. 20th Century Fox released the film in theaters in the United Kingdom on September 30, 2015, and in the United States on October 2, 2015. The film was released in 2D, 3D, IMAX 3D and 4DX.[5] The film has grossed over $464 million worldwide, becoming Scott's highest-grossing film to date, and has received highly positive reviews.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

skippy

Post by skippy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:06 pm

I recently saw The Intern with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. I had a day off and I was bored so I went to lunch then the movies with my wife and mother in law( I know I should know better) I kind of like De Niro as an actor! the movie was a bit slow and pedestrian for me but it wasn't too bad. I like to go to the movies and forget about reality sometimes and this movie was good enough to achieve that for me so it served its purpose. 5/10.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Personally I think the new Bond... SPECTRE is better than Skyfall... the opening credits are great too.
8/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

skippy

Post by skippy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Rorschach wrote:Personally I think the new Bond... SPECTRE is better than Skyfall... the opening credits are great too.
8/10
It's had some bad press, but I'm partial to a bit of Bond so I will go and see it.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:27 am

I saw the final installment of The Hunger Game series last night. I wasn't particularly interested but went along anyway like I did with parts 1-3. Some of the series was filmed not far from where I live. One of those Aussie Hemsworth brothers plays a lead but not sure which one ... I get them mixed up. Wonder how much training it takes for an Aussie to pull off an American accent?

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Anyone seen the latest Star Wars yet?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:02 pm

Waiting for the torrent...
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Rorschach wrote:Anyone seen the latest Star Wars yet?

It opens here today. I might go and see it after Xmas.