At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
AiA in Atlanta

Re: At the Movies...

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:22 am

Rorschach wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:My wife and I saw SELMA last night and found it very moving. The theatre was largely empty. As we walked into the lobby on our way to the car we were shocked to see a long line of people waiting to see AMERICAN SNIPER. When we got into the car my wife said to me, "You know, the people in that line looked just like the ignorant racists portrayed in SELMA." I told her I thought the very same thing.

AMERICAN SNIPER has become quite the hit for the simple-minded looking for a reason to hate. Just like the simple-minded racists portrayed in SELMA were looking for a reason to hate blacks.
Well I'm going to see it tomorrow and from what I hear it's simple minded bigoted elitists who think like both of you.
Let you know after I've seen it. :D
BTW Clint Eastwood has made some very good films and very thoughtful ones at that.
You seem to be unaware of the simple-minded controversy around this simple-minded movie being made by a simple-minded new outlet - FOX.
The studio executives had this target audience in mind. It wasn't by chance. That isn't how Hollywood works. Hollywood is about making $$$$ not sending a message. Nor is Hollywood about accuracy (SELMA was inaccurate as well). Chris Kyle was a remorseless killer who thought killing was "fun" and wanted to return so he could kill some more "Rag Heads." He only left the military because his wife threatened him with divorce. He also lied in his book and the publisher had to cough up USD 1,500,000 in damages. Clint Eastwood just wanted to tell a good story and the studio just wanted to maximize revenue; I get that.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 am

That isn't how Hollywood works
So how did Michael Moore become rich and fat from making propaganda films for the left?

Is that how Hollywood is supposed to work?

You are a fucking tool, AiA. :roll:
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Chris Kyle was a Texan. I gather to you that immediately makes him a simple minded redneck. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well the movie I'd give 6.5/10.
It is not pro war, or gung ho America or pro-gun... in fact it shows a few sides of the war and its effects on those who are in it and those related to them.
I found it rather sad on many levels.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 am

Was he a Texan? Why does it matter? American Sniper was a dumb movie which is why it does so well at the box office. The new Forrest Gump.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:Was he a Texan? Why does it matter? American Sniper was a dumb movie which is why it does so well at the box office. The new Forrest Gump.
You were the one who said...
You know, the people in that line looked just like the ignorant racists portrayed in SELMA.
AMERICAN SNIPER has become quite the hit for the simple-minded looking for a reason to hate. Just like the simple-minded racists portrayed in SELMA were looking for a reason to hate blacks.
You seem to be unaware of the simple-minded controversy around this simple-minded movie being made by a simple-minded new outlet - FOX.
The studio executives had this target audience in mind.

Have you actually seen the movie yet?
BTW the audience when I saw it were all ages both sexes, and I didn't notice anyone who stood out as a simple minded redneck or racist. :roll: :roll: :roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

mellie

Post by mellie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:52 am

Anyone seen Theres Something in the Pilliga yet?

IMD gave it a decent rating.

http://www.theressomethinginthepilliga.com/cinema.php

It reminds me of The Blair Witch Project.

:Hi
~A climate change denier is what an idiot calls a realist~https://g.co/kgs/6F5wtU

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:42 pm

As a SiFi fan I loved it. Saw it 3 days ago. 8/10.

Jupiter Ascending (2015)
127 min - Action | Adventure | Fantasy - 6 February 2015 (UK)

In a bright and colorful future, a young destitute caretaker gets targeted by the ruthless son of a powerful family who lives on a planet in need of a new heir, so she travels with a genetically engineered warrior to the planet in order to stop his tyrant reign.

Directors: Andy Wachowski (as The Wachowskis) , Lana Wachowski (as The Wachowskis)
Writers: Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
Stars: Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Eddie Redmayne | See full cast and crew »
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:52 pm

I watched Bullet in the Head today. Stallone all pumped up and hilarious. Lots of shooting, buildings being blown up, etc. He really is a boofhead and even when serious he sounds/looks amusing. :rofl

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1308729/

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Kingsman...6.5-7/10
Colin Firth is great.
Samuel Jackson's speech impediment is irritating and unnecessary.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Super Nova wrote:Image

As a SiFi fan I loved it. Saw it 3 days ago. 8/10.

Jupiter Ascending (2015)
127 min - Action | Adventure | Fantasy - 6 February 2015 (UK)

In a bright and colorful future, a young destitute caretaker gets targeted by the ruthless son of a powerful family who lives on a planet in need of a new heir, so she travels with a genetically engineered warrior to the planet in order to stop his tyrant reign.

Directors: Andy Wachowski (as The Wachowskis) , Lana Wachowski (as The Wachowskis)
Writers: Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
Stars: Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Eddie Redmayne | See full cast and crew »
It's getting really bad reviews for some reason.