At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Black Orchid

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 am

I will watch it as soon as it is released on DVD in the states which I believe will be early March. I have seen some very favourable reviews though.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 am

My daughter said she enjoyed Into the Woods. Will probably see "Selma" this weekend.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 am

I haven't seen Selma advertised yet but I will look out for it.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:18 am

Rorschach wrote:Anyone seen INTO THE WOODS yet?
I checked the write up on here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180411/

There are 414 user reviews and most of them hated it. Apparently it is nothing like the Broadway Musical and Johnny Depp is a pedophile in it. :mrgreen:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 am

I have never thought of it that way before but I guess that is what the "wolf" could be described as nowadays. A paedophile.

I know two people who saw it and enjoyed it and I don't hold much stock in reviews. I saw fabulous reviews for The Drop but I thought it was way below average and was not impressed one bit by Tom Hardy or his performance. I even deleted it from my computer :lol:

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 am

My wife and I saw SELMA last night and found it very moving. The theatre was largely empty. As we walked into the lobby on our way to the car we were shocked to see a long line of people waiting to see AMERICAN SNIPER. When we got into the car my wife said to me, "You know, the people in that line looked just like the ignorant racists portrayed in SELMA." I told her I thought the very same thing.

AMERICAN SNIPER has become quite the hit for the simple-minded looking for a reason to hate. Just like the simple-minded racists portrayed in SELMA were looking for a reason to hate blacks.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:31 am

Fuck off you simpering leftist fuckwit :roll:
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:My wife and I saw SELMA last night and found it very moving. The theatre was largely empty. As we walked into the lobby on our way to the car we were shocked to see a long line of people waiting to see AMERICAN SNIPER. When we got into the car my wife said to me, "You know, the people in that line looked just like the ignorant racists portrayed in SELMA." I told her I thought the very same thing.

AMERICAN SNIPER has become quite the hit for the simple-minded looking for a reason to hate. Just like the simple-minded racists portrayed in SELMA were looking for a reason to hate blacks.
Well I'm going to see it tomorrow and from what I hear it's simple minded bigoted elitists who think like both of you.
Let you know after I've seen it. :D
BTW Clint Eastwood has made some very good films and very thoughtful ones at that.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Last night I watched John Wick. Action action and more action. Keanu Reeves was never one of my favourite actors but he definitely does have a charm about him and he looks pretty damn good for 50.

The plot is pretty thin but there are lots of amusing one-liners to break up the carnage. The body count is huge and I don't think I have ever seen so many head shots in the one movie. The assassins have their own currency and code. Well most of them.

Ian McShane and William Dafoe are always worth a watch and Alfie Allen (Game of Thrones) still gives me the creeps. I was surprised to see Eva Longoria's name come up in the credits as a producer.

7/10

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Yes I wanted to see that but unfortunately it didn't get to the Cinemas down here. So it'll be DVD for me.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD