At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Saw it the other day... thanks SN.

8.5/10

Great movie, liked it better than Interstellar.
Could watch it again.
Yes. It was that good. Very realistic. Told it how it would have could have been.

I could see it again too.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 pm

What did you think of Interstellar?. I am thinking of seeing it.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:57 pm

7/10
Good effects
Good art direction
Not a big Nolan fan, looks like he tried to make his own version of 2001.
Long for some, but worth watching.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Margin Call was on SBS tonight (fuck those public broadcasters, eh?).

Ebert says...
I think the movie is about how its characters are concerned only by the welfare of their corporations. There is no larger sense of the public good. Corporations are amoral, and exist to survive and succeed, at whatever human cost. This is what the Occupy Wall Street protesters are angry about: They are not against capitalism, but about Wall Street dishonesty and greed.
Despite the fact that I was distracted by cooking, it was a gripping story (which meant a less than perfect meal preparation). Individuals, bought and paid for, finally coming to terms with why they were being paid the big bucks all these years.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am

boxy wrote:Margin Call was on SBS tonight (fuck those public broadcasters, eh?).

Ebert says...
I think the movie is about how its characters are concerned only by the welfare of their corporations. There is no larger sense of the public good. Corporations are amoral, and exist to survive and succeed, at whatever human cost. This is what the Occupy Wall Street protesters are angry about: They are not against capitalism, but about Wall Street dishonesty and greed.
Despite the fact that I was distracted by cooking, it was a gripping story (which meant a less than perfect meal preparation). Individuals, bought and paid for, finally coming to terms with why they were being paid the big bucks all these years.
Aren't corporations granted the charter with a purpose to exist, survive and succeed. As long as they act within the law, any human cost would be legal. This is a moral judgement. The law does not deal met everyone's views when it comes to morality.

In many ways, a corporation is treated like a person however it limits the liabilities of their owners.

As we all know a corporation is a legal business structure that establishes the business as being a separate entity from the owner(s). This means that the assets, income, debts, and liabilities of the business belong to corporation, not to the owner(s).

Corporations can have their own bank accounts, take out loans in their own name, and have legal rights and privileges separate from their owner(s).

A corporation must be established by filing certain documents with a secretary of state where the corporation will be registered.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

I put off watching Guardians of the Galaxy because I thought the trailer looked a bit silly. I was wrong. I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a quirky mix of action, special effects and humour and it was full of heart. The 70s music was a pleasant change to all the Vietnam era soundtracks (which I hate). Rocket the Raccoon (voice of Bradley Cooper) and Groot the tree (voice of Vin Diesel) injected a warmth and humour into the movie that most Marvel movies lack.

Even though I hadn't even heard of some of the main characters they all gel well together and I think it is one of the best Marvel movies so far. No stiff jawed heroics, It was just fun. The only character I didn't like was Nebula (Karen Gillan) and I am glad she got blasted.

I highly recommend watching it.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Cool. Missed it at the cinema. Will watch it now.

Saw Pyramid a couple of days ago.

If you like horror... it was OK. Plot was a bit piss weak but all horrors are the same.

[img]http://kino-bomb.ru/wp-content/uploads/ ... а-2014.jpg[/img]

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Saw the last Hobbit this week on the 11th.

It was OK... better than I thought it would be.

No spoiler alert so not to much to add.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 am

I don't think The Hobbit has opened in the States yet. I believe it opens on Xmas Day, like a lot of movies do. I did see the latest installment of The Hunger Games. Decent. Parts of it were filmed near where I live. There is an old mill on a river in the movie. I have been hiking there. Beautiful place.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I just watched ... wait for it ... BRAVEHEART for the very first time!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112573/

I know it is a very OLD movie (1995) and has whatshisname in it (whom I cannot stand) but I really enjoyed it. A very, very long movie full of inaccuracies, historically, but I found it very amusing in parts and quite emotional as well. I turned away with the blood and guts bits. Apparently he (Gibson) used fake horses .... or something, read all about it in the above link "Trivia" area.

It wasn't filmed in Scotland, but Ireland ...... and the accent is similar. Perhaps having Scottish roots did the trick, emotionally? :mrgreen: I actually had tears falling down my face in parts.