At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Rorschach

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Rorschach » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:17 pm

I loved the Goodbye Girl... if Richard Dreyfus didn't win the best actor Oscar that year I would have really been disappointed.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Rorschach wrote:I loved the Goodbye Girl... if Richard Dreyfus didn't win the best actor Oscar that year I would have really been disappointed.
It really hit the spot for me way back then. The David Gates song was nice too.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Fury. Saw it 2 days ago in a 4DX cinema. Bloody brilliant even if you are not a Bard Pitt fan.

10 out of 10. A must see on the big screen.

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm

I watched an Aussie Movie the other day, usually hate them, but this one was funny.

The "pom" with the dubious "posh" accent is actually David Williamson's son. I checked him out as he sounded so "put on". :mrgreen:

Worth a watch.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Solonoid wrote:I saw "Law Abiding Citizen" with Jamie Fox, recently... a few years old now but I loved it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1197624/
With Jamie Fox but starring Gerard Butler... definitely worth watching.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

boxy

Post by boxy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Neferti~ wrote:I watched an Aussie Movie the other day, usually hate them, but this one was funny.

The "pom" with the dubious "posh" accent is actually David Williamson's son. I checked him out as he sounded so "put on". :mrgreen:

Worth a watch.
The image doesn't show up here, so do you want to tell us what the actual film is?

edit: ah, found it by copy/pasting the URL. Backyard Ashes.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:49 am

Yes, Backyard Ashes. (image does show up when I am logged in). Read more here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3273644/

PS It was released 2013 so not very old. But it made me laugh. Typical Aussies. :thumb

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Interstellar - 7/10

Nolan :roll:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Rorschach wrote:Interstellar - 7/10

Nolan :roll:
Sci Fi. Right?

I am sick of futuristic stuff and even more annoyed with the current WW1 or WW2 "dramas" and "thrillers" that resemble real stuff we all know about and have done for eons.

Why can't these "exciting young people" create NEW and interesting TV? Perhaps because they have NO IDEA or TALENT?

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:42 am

Super Nova wrote:Fury. Saw it 2 days ago in a 4DX cinema. Bloody brilliant even if you are not a Bard Pitt fan.

10 out of 10. A must see on the big screen.

Saw it the other day... thanks SN.

8.5/10

Great movie, liked it better than Interstellar.
Could watch it again.