At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Black Orchid

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am

I watched this last night and I was left with a a few questions.

How did Wolverine get his metal claws back?
Where had Wolverine been since Mystique/Stryker claimed him on the boat?
Xavier appears to remember that Wolverine has time travelled. Or does he?

Anyway apart from the confusion. I thoroughly enjoyed it :lol:

8.5/10

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:25 am

Black Orchid wrote:Image

I watched this last night and I was left with a a few questions.

How did Wolverine get his metal claws back? he went back in time....
Where had Wolverine been since Mystique/Stryker claimed him on the boat?
Xavier appears to remember that Wolverine has time travelled. Or does he?

Anyway apart from the confusion. I thoroughly enjoyed it :lol:

8.5/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 am

I fully realise he went back in time and that would be the obvious conclusion if his metal claws showed AFTER he went back in time to change their history but the metal claws were evident BEFORE he went back in time which means he clearly had them back BEFORE he time travelled.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Don't remember all the movie intimately, but I do remember that he went back and was in a younger body hence he still had metal claws then.
What scene was it in?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:40 pm

In The Wolverine, Logan lost his metal claws (having been cut off by the Silver Samurai) and his original bone claws grew back in their place but in Days of Future Past when Kitty Pride touches his head in readiness for sending him back in time his metal claws show and whilst he is 'under' (in the present).

Whilst he is back in time (and in the younger body) he has the bone claws because he hasn't been given the metal claws yet.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Going to see Dracula Untold today. Have no expectations, have done no research.

Will feedback tomorrow.

Even bad vampire movies are good.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:59 pm

DU..... didn't go see it didn't like the wankie whirling bat cloud effect.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Saw The Lincoln Lawyer last night, that wasn't bad nef had Matthew McConaughey in it.

Saw A Walk Among the Tombstones today... 7/10 Liam Neeson. Much more realistic than the "Taken" movies, might even have sequels.

Like Tom Cruise's, Jack Reacher, (that I quite liked actually, even given the obvious physical shortcomings)... Liam Neeson plays Matt Scudder another character from a series of successful novels. This time Lawrence Block's bestselling series of mysteries.

Set in NY 1999, "A Walk" could have been a relentlessly voyeuristic, study in over the top gratuitous violence. To be sure, there is violence and it is ultimately over the top, but we never really see it, or have our senses and sensibility assaulted by it. Then again, I might just be jaded.

Scudder is an ex-NY cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator. He is also a recovering alcoholic, whose choices tend to blur the boundaries when it comes to right and wrong, legal and illegal. In "A Walk" Scudder eventually and reluctantly, agrees to help a friend's brother... a heroin trafficker named Kenny (Dan Stevens). He wants Scudder to find and deliver the men who kidnapped and then brutally murdered his wife. Even after he paid them the $400,000 ransom.

It turns out that this is not the first time these men have committed this sort of crime... and it seems fairly certain that, it will not be the last.

The movie is directed by Scott Frank who has also written many screenplays, such as; Minority Report and The Wolverine. He also wrote this... He does a good job keeping the atmosphere and suspense going throughout the movie. Although I'm not sure why we had to have the token "black street kid" TJ (Brian Bradley) much of whose dialogue, was largely unintelligible to me. But that aside everyone does a creditable job. Even the pigeon keeper.

7/10 even if Liam seems to be getting typecast these days.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm