At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
IQS.RLOW

Re: At the Movies...

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Doesn't he already have a misshapen head?
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:Doesn't he already have a misshapen head?
Nope. I think he is v.sexy.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Come on, Boxy, Matthew McConaughey is a lover not an alien. Paint him green and give him huge eyes and a misshapen head and I will still recognise his voice. :giggleSWOON.
I used to like him until I saw him in the movie Killer Joe. Dreadful movie. Mud wasn't much better :b

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:Come on, Boxy, Matthew McConaughey is a lover not an alien. Paint him green and give him huge eyes and a misshapen head and I will still recognise his voice. :giggleSWOON.
I used to like him until I saw him in the movie Killer Joe. Dreadful movie. Mud wasn't much better :b
I first saw him in True Detective ........ then I noticed him in other movies, etc.

The Theme song is hauntingly beautiful .

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:56 pm

I watched 2 episodes of True Detective but just couldn't get into it. Matthew and Woody.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I watched 2 episodes of True Detective but just couldn't get into it. Matthew and Woody.
I thought that it was very good, actually. It got me in. I eventually warmed to Woody Harrelson. Have seen him in other "movies" since. Woody is one of those nondescript sort of people ....... but he was good in True Detective, I thought.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I watched 2 episodes of True Detective but just couldn't get into it. Matthew and Woody.
I thought that it was very good, actually. It got me in. I eventually warmed to Woody Harrelson. Have seen him in other "movies" since. Woody is one of those nondescript sort of people ....... but he was good in True Detective, I thought.
Woody's original claim to fame was in Cheers. He was great in Cheers but some of the movies he has since made are pretty creepy too.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
Woody's original claim to fame was in Cheers. He was great in Cheers but some of the movies he has since made are pretty creepy too.
Ooops. I had to Google Cheers ...... an American Sitcom. :oops: Never watched it. There must be a list of "wonderful American TV" that I missed out on over the decades. I have always found American humour as sadly lacking. British humour USED to be good (Yes Minister, etc) but that has deteriorated too.

Fortunately, I still have a sense of humour, unlike some. Very dry, perhaps. However, I am not amused by most of the carrying on here, in the main.

I started the Joke of the Day thread so that people could post what makes them LAUGH.

At this point in time, we are still waiting for several who consider themselves with a GSOH to post anything that is even slightly amusing.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Thanks for moving this to whoever did so :lol:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 pm

I watched this today.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140373/

I had no idea that the woman who created/wrote Mary Poppins was born in Australia.