At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Rorschach

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Rorschach » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:19 pm

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.

For all the accolades and undeserved great reviews heaped upon Guardians of the Galaxy, one wonders why this reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles is copping so many bad ones. I was never a fan of the comic, or the idea for that matter. But where you have with GotG lots of action and uninspiring human characters… with TMNT you have the heart that was missing in the other and as such a much better, more engaging movie. Regardless of who is involved and what people say, this movie doesn't suck.

The tone is light, the visual effects/CGI are outstanding and Megan Fox does a perfectly good job. The voice characterizations of the Turtles and Splinter are great and even though I was a bit disturbed at first by their rendering, I’m more than happy with it now. Like Rocket and Groot in that other movie, these characters have heart and more humanity than many of the humans.

The plot is as you’d expect not overly complicated and some of the dialogue grates. But the ride is an enjoyable one. Michaelangelo, Donatello, Rafael and Leonardo, are the stars of this movie. Apart from the occasional hand held crap, Michael Bay seems to be able to actually put on screen stuff you can actually follow. Actions scenes that make sense, considering Transformers, that’s a big improvement for him. Well, I suppose he was only the Producer for this after all.

The film is shot for 3D as well as 2D and you know I hate 3D, but I’m thinking that in a couple of the 3D scenes people with be a ducking and a weaving. Mind you I did see it in a 2D session, and the people in the row in front of me were wondering why their 3D glasses weren’t working. Oh well. Do yourselves a favour see it in 2D, do me a favour and boycott all 3D.

Ok so the plot is basically, April O'Neil (Megan Fox) is a television reporter in New York City who has been relegated to fluff stories. She longs to make her big break. She gets too close to the Foot Clan, (the baddies) and finds herself stuck in a touchy situation, only to be rescued by vigilante heroes, which her focus quickly turns to. She ends up discovering that those vigilantes are actually mutated, walking, talking turtles. (With attitude). Meanwhile, the Shredder (Tohoru Masamune), looking like a cross between Edward Scissorhands and a Samurai Iron Man, is the leader of the Foot Clan. He and his cohorts are hatching an evil plan. What else? Will he succeed? Will the Turtles foil his plan?

There is much to like in this rebooted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Don't let the pre-release controversy or bad reviews sway you. Take the journey and enjoy the ride. The finale may be a tad drawn out and yes, some of the childish humor (even though it fits within the context of teenage immaturity), is cringe-worthy at times. It is forgivable and even adds to the characterizations. I’m sure that Turtle fans are sure to have a good time, I did and I was never a fan. Sequel? Lets hope so.

7/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 am

Nice plagiarism with selective editing.

You really should quote original sources when you are stealing content.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:12 am

LOL.... you should get a life... the vast majority of it is 100% mine.

Feel free to highlight the other sources. Be careful picking out the odd occassional word. :rofl

Oh and if you read lots of commentary, like I do, you'll have noticed many reviews share either similar or identical phrases. BTW some stick and some are worth repeating. Oh and my review is +ve, the vast majority have not been.

Wassup not got enough enemies on the Net already Tourettes?
You are a fool, who'd cut off his nose to spite his face.
I hope you win the election, not that I'll be voting for you... then I have an excuse not to post here. :rofl
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

You shouldn't try to pass others work off as your own.

Its obvious you are a talentless hack. Try to pretend otherwise is just more embarrassing for you.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 pm

I wonder if he actually watched the film, or just on what the couple of blogs he plagiarised said about it? ;)
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:54 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:You shouldn't try to pass others work off as your own.

Its obvious you are a talentless hack. Try to pretend otherwise is just more embarrassing for you.
yes i watched it poxy... oh and IQS just don't make baseless jealous comments driven by your obsessive hatred of all things not you.

Do as I suggested.

It'll be good to see that most of it is my words and not as you claimed at all.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Except the 90% that are not yours and just rearranged sentences.
It wouldnt pass a high school plagiarism test.

My obsessive hatred is for all things that are stupid.
You are stupid.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:Except the 90% that are not yours and just rearranged sentences.
It wouldnt pass a high school plagiarism test.

My obsessive hatred is for all things that are stupid.
You are stupid.
Oh no doofus more than 90% is purely mine...

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:32 pm

No, it isn't.

Frankly, if you wanted to be a fraud, I would have thought you would have picked something worthwhile rather than a crappy teenage flick about mutant ninja turtles, but I guess that's probably a level you have worked long and hard to reach.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:09 am

The biopic of Brian Wilson is getting positive buzz ...