At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Rorschach

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Not a 3d fan...
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Chard wrote:
Rorschach wrote::rofl :rofl :rofl
You do have severe problems don't you... :rofl :rofl :rofl
Mostly with people who actually like Keanu Reeve's acting.
Point Break and Matrix 1 made good use of his talents (or lack there off) :thumb
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I liked him in The Lake House :lol:

Last night I watched We Are What We Are. It was on at the movies recently. Don't bother with the dvd it was total CRAP!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I saw The Lake House a while back. Probably more of a female's movie with a twist. Also stars Sandra Bullock.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410297/

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 am

Another movie I watched the other day (on Foxtel) is Margin Call with Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Simon Baker and Jeremy Irons. Follows the key people at an investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the financial crisis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615147/

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Just finished watching this new Aussie movie. THE BROKEN SHORE. It was aired on the ABC on Sunday night, so I recorded it. A crime/thriller adapted from Peter Temple's book. Most enjoyable. Typical Aussie but I really enjoyed the subtle (or not so) wit. I laughed out loud many times. Typical Aussie humour. Makes me want to read the book.

Did anybody else see it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2391073/

Chard

Post by Chard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:43 am

LucasTheInnkeeper wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:Another movie I watched the other day (on Foxtel) is Margin Call with Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore, Simon Baker and Jeremy Irons. Follows the key people at an investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the financial crisis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615147/

Yeah I saw this one. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was the ending. I would have loved a court case even a quick one.

If you want to see a good wall street one see Rogue Trader if you can find it it is a true story how one trader bought down the Bearings Bank I think..

If you like those then go watch The Wolf of Wall Street. Martin Scorsese is still at the top of his game.
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the FEAR to attack. - Dr. Strangelove

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 am

Been reported people are walking out on it over here.

Might go and see the new Robocop.... but it'll be tough to top Peter Weller.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Chard

Post by Chard » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Rorschach wrote:Been reported people are walking out on it over here.
Wait, people still actually go to movie theaters?

Rorschach wrote:Might go and see the new Robocop.... but it'll be tough to top Peter Weller.
I really wish Hollywood would knock it off with the remakes.
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the FEAR to attack. - Dr. Strangelove

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Saw Prometheus earlier today... my god, Ridley, for fucks sake, stop already, with the desecration of the Alien franchise. I know you're being paid well to do it... but please stop :stop

I can only conclude that the ship they sent to investigate the suspected "cradle of life" was filled with hairdressers, and advertising account executives, none with enough sense to avoid getting themselves killed back on Earth, let alone on a potentially hostile planet, light years from the nearest emergency department.

I mean... two of them are so scared of long dead "engineer" bodies, that they want to back to the ship, only to get lost (despite one of them being the one who mapped the place extensively with drones), and then what do they do with the first live alien creature they find? Yeah, let's pat it, despite it looking very much like a snake, and it's making threatening motions at them throughout :roll:

The whole expedition, which apparently cost trillions, seems to have had a mission statement that goes "let's go up there and bumble around until something interesting happens". Makes the film just totally unbelievable.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."