Neferti

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Spiderman?

What is wrong with you males?

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Neferti~ wrote:What is wrong with you males?
:pope
Nothing
:pope

Boys are drawn to comic books as much as how girls are drawn into fiction.

When you enter a bookstore, notice all the guys, where do they mostly go? They go directly to the comic book section of the store and they immediately get their hands on Batman, Superman, and even the Avengers, which is the complete opposite of girls who immediately proceed to the fiction section of the store where Twilight, The Hunger Games and The Fallen series could be found.

I agree that it is a normal sight when boys flock to the comics section of the store, but have you ever wondered what is in those books that makes them be die-hard fans?

This is what I think:

1. It's loaded with action.
Boys like action than romance. They want more of it than lovey-dovey stuff. Action can be easily seen through illustrations, and this is what boys like.

2. It has interesting stories.
Action+Interesting stories=Boom! This is what boys like. Boys easily get bored with reading stuff, but when it comes to these books, they show much enthusiasm.

3. The Superheroes and their powers.
Every boy looks up to a superhero. Superheroes played a role in their childhood, every boy wished to be a superhero to be able to save people with there awesome powers.

4. It can be collected.
Girls have collections of their vampire series, why can't guys have collections of their own?

5. It's cool.
Who ever said the comic books are for nerds? This is too much stereotyping. Collecting them is so much fun. Boys find it cool to collect these books and they are able to share more stories with each other. Plus, this could be a factor to start a conversation with a girl. :)

6. It's always better than the movie.
Nowadays, comic books are turned into movies. And what I mostly hear from comic book lovers is that the book is always better than the movie. When a comic book is turned into a movie, you have to wait for a long time before the next one comes out, unlike in comic books, you can easily get access through new issues and back issues to get more details.

In reality, there are also girls who like comic books,it's just that there are more boys who are drawn to it. I admit, I am a comic book lover. I have been exposed to the Archie comics and it really was a great learning experience.

You should try reading comic books too. :)

http://fivetotenreasons.blogspot.co.uk/ ... books.html
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:15 pm

" Immediately after the bite, he was granted his original powers: primarily superhuman strength, reflexes, and balance; the ability to cling tenaciously to most surfaces; and a subconscious precognitive sense of danger, which he called a "spider-sense.""

Alright I concede. I was never a big fan of Spiderman even though the movies are pretty good.

I normally read Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash and the old war comics. War comics... remember them.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Instellar looks promising ... if you like going through a wormhole

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Saw The Hobbit pt2.
otherwise known as Tolkien according to Jackson.
They chose the most ridiculous spot to end the movie... bollocks to splitting things up to as many movies as possible to make more money and padding them out with stuff not even in the books. (For the same reason)
Lots of action and adventure, stuck onto a Tolkien backbone.

7/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Saw it. The dragon scene clearly was just to make the movie longer. Too fucking long.

Yeah... 7/10. I will see them just because...............

It is such a small book to make into 3 movies.....

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 am

Anyone seen 47 Ronin.... I saw the original.... this US version has very mixed reviews.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

I caught a movie called Red Dog the other day on Foxtel. I didn't know it existed. An Aussie one (2011) and I found it quite good. Apparently based on a true story (embellished). Had a little cry in spots.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Got some bad news re that movie Nef... the dog died last year.

Chard

Post by Chard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 am

Rorschach wrote:Anyone seen 47 Ronin.... I saw the original.... this US version has very mixed reviews.
Which version of the original? There's dozens of them made in Japan over the last hundred years. Best of those is still Chushingura (probably the one you're thinking of. Did the one you see have Toshiro Mifune in it?). The new Americanized version has Keanu Reaves in it, so I'm not gonna hold my breath on it being worth seeing.
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the FEAR to attack. - Dr. Strangelove