At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 pm

boxy wrote:Don't get me started on the flogging of dead horses, that pre-sequels have become :roll:

There are few that make it to even trilogy status, without becoming sell-outs... let alone 7, 8... 9 :pope
The sad part is we will all probably watch it with 2 years of it's release just to find out if it is any good and continue following the story and see if the SFXs have improved to new dizzy heights. I know that is what I will probably do. SciFi is SciFi and it's generally all good if the story works.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Didn't bother to watch the last installment in the Star War franchise - disgusted, and bored I was.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:.... disgusted, and bored I was.
Yoda agrees.

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 am

Super Nova wrote:
boxy wrote:Don't get me started on the flogging of dead horses, that pre-sequels have become :roll:

There are few that make it to even trilogy status, without becoming sell-outs... let alone 7, 8... 9 :pope
The sad part is we will all probably watch it with 2 years of it's release just to find out if it is any good and continue following the story and see if the SFXs have improved to new dizzy heights. I know that is what I will probably do. SciFi is SciFi and it's generally all good if the story works.
Well the problem is George lost the plot b4 Return of the Jedi and turned it into a kids show with lots of teddy bears for his kids... then he lost the plot with 1/2/3 and got the story line a tad jumbled because he probably didn't have it sorted in the first place. Not to mention the execrable jar jar binks etc...
Star Wars the original, was probably the best The Empire Strikes Back also very good. I think I watched Star Wars about 6 times in the first year of release.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Asgard doesn't look as good as it did in the previous movie.
Odin's impotence to deal with the situation is unsatisfactorily not explained.
Malekith looks great, but Dr Who's-Christopher Ecclestone's mode of speech is just wrong for the character, and the subtitles irksomely derivative of LOTR.
You can pick what movies they stole bits from.
For a reviews
http://www.richardroeper.com/reviews/thordarkworld.aspx
http://moviedex.com/reviews/thor-the-dark-world-review/
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 pm

The Green Lantern is the best super hero. They need to make some improvements for the next movie.

All other super hero's are pussies.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

Apparently the next one is coming out soon.
Sinestro looks like being the baddy.
Well they did set him up at the end of the first movie.
Yes, could be good if they lay off the "humour" and don't dumb it down too much.
Leave Blake Lively in and don't make him gay.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 pm

What is it with males?

mantra

Post by mantra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Neferti~ wrote:What is it with males?
I was thinking the same thing myself. These animated super hero movies were made for young boys, or so I thought.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:23 pm

You don't get good vs evil?
You don't cheer for the good guys?
You have no imagination?

Hmmm... found these...
http://glo.msn.com/relationships/what-h ... 22.gallery
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/da ... -superhero
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superheroes
:roll: :roll: :roll: